A 16 year old with no skills

ahenry890

I am a 16 year ld with no skills in practically anything. The best thing i can do is content writing if you have any advice for that it would be very helpful. I have no other skills besides that. If anyone has any advice for me in an fields that don’t really require much to make money. Any beginner advice would be very helpful since i am in a dilemma as of now.

Dear A:

What name do you like to be called? Your customers want to know what to call you.

I took a quick look at your profile:

Your profile image: Should be a color photo of your smiling face.
Your log line: This is a slogan that appears under your user name. You don’t have one. You should get one and make it cool.
Your profile text: You have no profile text. You should get some and include the name Buyers should call you.
All your gigs should have video, 3 images, 2 pdfs, and so on…

Make a video of yourself talking to the camera, because this approach garners IMMEDIATE RESULTS. Include additional samples in the video!

If you live somewhere photogenic, like NYC or Fuquay-Varina NC, you could have a sign-holding gig. Invest in a whiteboard and a tripod for your iPhone with a bluetooth selfie switch, and you’re in business!

Look around the site and find the things you can do.

Unless your Mom responds to this thread, it’s not likely anyone else is going to do the work for you.

Good luck,
Blaise

[details=Click Here for TOP SECRET Tips and Tricks
Never Contact a Seller on Fiverr to Ask for FREE STUFF!]
Be sure to make use of Tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, and Fiverrcast.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist. Please study this thread to better appreciate what I’m talking about here.

Here’s a thread discussing a specific example of a Buyer Request for which I created a gig and then asked for help improving that gig via the forum.

Improve My Gig Checklist
Seller Tip Trilogy
3 Top Tips and Tricks
How Do I Attract Buyers to My Gig?
Buyer Requests 1
Buyer Requests 2
Tips for Non-Native English Speakers
Sellers Instructionals from a Techies POV
Video Tutorial
SEO Idea
54 Sales in Our First Month
7 Tips for Upselling
Chargebacks
Social Media Gig Marketing
Managing Buyer Expectations
Gig Tweaks
Digital Copyright
Gig Images
Fiverrcast Questions
Fiverr’s Cut
Warning Signs of a Potentially Troublesome Buyer
What URLs Can I Use?
Fiverr Terms of Service
How to Make Millions on Fiverr
[/details]

I started on Fiverr when I was younger than you and I didn’t really have any “real skills” either. The thing is to look around at what’s selling and think about what you can do too. People aren’t born able to do all these things. They learned and improved their skills which is how they can do it now.

Also, think of “easy tasks” that you can put a unique spin on and become good at it. There’s a lady here who makes messages out of food and takes pictures of it. I’m sure anyone can do that mediocrely, but she improved her skills and makes these pieces of art for people who either don’t have the time, creativity, or effort to do it themselves.

Good luck!

Here are a few ideas…

I will write a blog article that attracts teenagers

I will take a picture holding a sign

If you have pets, maybe you can take a picture of your pet with a sign

I will record a teenager video testimonial

I will proofread your article

I will give you xyz birthday/xmas gift ideas for teenagers

I will test your app/game and give you my honest opinion

I will watch and subscribe to your YT video

• 4 months later...

I started on Fiverr when I was younger than you and I didn’t really have any “real skills” either. The thing is to look around at what’s selling and think about what you can do too. People aren’t born able to do all these things. They learned and improved their skills which is how they can do it now.

Also, think of “easy tasks” that you can put a unique spin on and become good at it. There’s a lady here who makes messages out of food and takes pictures of it. I’m sure anyone can do that mediocrely, but she improved her skills and makes these pieces of art for people who either don’t have the time, creativity, or effort to do it themselves.

Good luck!

Yes! This! 👆

Plan out what kind of services you’d like to be offering in a year or 2 and start working hard today! I promise you will get there or maybe even find something that is beyond your wildest imagination, but I guarantee that you will not be disappointed!

To put it in Star Wars terms (because entrepreneurs are basically Jedi, right?!)…

Try not. Do… or do not. There is no try. - Master Yoda

I don’t know you personally or your expectations, and those things will play a huge role in whatever path you choose to take. Follow your heart, stay true to your ideals, don’t cut corners (no matter what anyone else says… you will know what’s right & acceptable).

I know that probably sounds like fortune cookie advice, but at the rate that our markets advance it’s hard to plan out more than 1 or 2 years down the road unless the tech is relatively new & widely adopted.

Applying those “real skills” comes from a combination of schooling, experience, ability & LOTS of practice! Whatever industry, whoever your clients are, you need to apply critical thinking to all of your projects. Always be learning & building from previous successes/failures.

ALWAYS BE TEACHABLE, the moment you think you have everything figured out is when… You must unlearn everything you have learned! (more Yoda for you!)

Just remember, when in doubt… What would Yoda do?

Last fortune cookie, I promise…

You are your most important client! 🙂

Cloudable wishes you the best of luck in all your endeavors!

EDIT:

Sorry, I totally forgot to give you anything actionable!

A FANTASTIC resource that we at Cloudable all still look at to this today are online training libraries! We are partial to Lynda.com (now owned by linkedin 😦 ), Video2Brain & Udemy…

And we want to start you out right, so here’s a pro-tip… don’t buy a subscription! Find a library that has a portal for Lynda (I don’t know if this applies to any other libraries), get a library card there (this can also be done online) & you will have INSTANT access to all of their courses & exercise materials!

Lynda is really just a starting point (although they have some advanced courses), because the real skills happen when you start applying that critical thinking to leverage everything you’ve learned 🙂

Spread knowledge, do good & the world will return the favor!

• 2 years later...

Here are a few ideas…

I will write a blog article that attracts teenagers

I will take a picture holding a sign

If you have pets, maybe you can take a picture of your pet with a sign

I will record a teenager video testimonial

I will proofread your article

I will give you xyz birthday/xmas gift ideas for teenagers

I will test your app/game and give you my honest opinion

I will watch and subscribe to your YT video

can we edit the Gig i mean to change our Gig with the passage of time ?

Archived