About Criminal Offers

methark

Hello Dear Fellow Fiverrs!

I saw and already had to deal with this kind of problem (reference in my older post).

The problem is buyers or sellers offering criminal jobs like hacking accounts, pedophiles, ciber crime, etc.

Well, my standard deal is no deal! But I would like to know about what Fiverr is doing since just today I saw 3 buyer requests.

The community help on this is more than welcome!

My best regards to all,

Since this is an international website an FBI form probably isn’t the way to go.

It was on this specific case. 🙂

That’s why I’m asking not just for Fiverr help on this but also from the community.

Maybe a guideline may apply. Who knows?! 🙂

Yes…but what about a button to flag the criminal offers or gigs?

Unfortunately fiverr doesn’t have a feature which allows you to flag posts in buyer request. If you see something against TOS please report it by contacting customer support.

+1 to that feature request.

Meanwhile, you can simply write to CS, they are responsive and you will be pleasantly surprised at how quick they act; Faster than FBI and CIA 😋

Yes! They really do!

But what about helping the law of any region? It could be done right? Or is it done already? 🙂

Yes! They really do!

But what about helping the law of any region? It could be done right? Or is it done already? 🙂

I doubt they have enough people to review all of the report if there was a button, since some people would hit the button on every competitor. Customer Support does try to take care of it, and I agree that they are a better choice than any particular law enforcement agency. I don’t know what you mean by helping the law of any region. Since Fiverr HQ is in Israel, CS is in the USA, and buyer and sellers are from everywhere,

I doubt there is any precedent for attempting to address things via any regional law. Users are expected to report as they see fit. If you see something that you personally find to be illegal in a particular region, you can try and notify a specific agency and those agencies can ask Fiverr for records as needed. I suspect it is actually a very small number of people putting up gigs or requests for blatantly and globally illegal services.

Yes! They really do!

Honestly, I didn’t think that deep. People should do as they feel, based on how much time they have and how deeply they care about an issue.

But imagine the dude who sits at the desk in FBI / CIA / NSA who gets a complaint like that and his dilemma about responding to it. We are living in an era of highly accomplished youngsters where every 12 year old kid on the internet claims to be either a NAVY SEAL or an Edward Snowden who threatens to come after you. How many of these threats does one take seriously, how many of those should we report and what would be the condition of the desk dude at FBI who receives all those complaints.

If it violates TOS, it can be handled on the site itself. Fiverr has robust ‘global rules’ which overlap with the domestic rules of most democratic countries so it is going to be very consistent even if you just report it to Fiverr and leave it at that. They do take action.

If I engage the services of local cops on every unfavorable interaction I have on the internet, it’s more likely that the cops will put me on some sort of spam list 😂

Honestly, I didn’t think that deep. People should do as they feel, based on how much time they have and how deeply they care about an issue.

But imagine the dude who sits at the desk in FBI / CIA / NSA who gets a complaint like that and his dilemma about responding to it. We are living in an era of highly accomplished youngsters where every 12 year old kid on the internet claims to be either a NAVY SEAL or an Edward Snowden who threatens to come after you. How many of these threats does one take seriously, how many of those should we report and what would be the condition of the desk dude at FBI who receives all those complaints.

If it violates TOS, it can be handled on the site itself. Fiverr has robust ‘global rules’ which overlap with the domestic rules of most democratic countries so it is going to be very consistent even if you just report it to Fiverr and leave it at that. They do take action.

If I engage the services of local cops on every unfavorable interaction I have on the internet, it’s more likely that the cops will put me on some sort of spam list 😂

The FBI is not usually interested at all in things like you are describing. They ignore 99.9% of everything they hear about especially if it’s on the internet. If it is terrorist related, or a threat to national security that’s different.

I doubt they have enough people to review all of the report if there was a button, since some people would hit the button on every competitor. Customer Support does try to take care of it, and I agree that they are a better choice than any particular law enforcement agency. I don’t know what you mean by helping the law of any region. Since Fiverr HQ is in Israel, CS is in the USA, and buyer and sellers are from everywhere,

I doubt there is any precedent for attempting to address things via any regional law. Users are expected to report as they see fit. If you see something that you personally find to be illegal in a particular region, you can try and notify a specific agency and those agencies can ask Fiverr for records as needed. I suspect it is actually a very small number of people putting up gigs or requests for blatantly and globally illegal services.

But if it was made clear that hitting a flag-button wrongly just to mark a competitor’s harmless post would lead to account restrictions, that surely would steady people’s forefingers.

I mean, even if you flag a forum post as an ad or whatever, the flag only gets through after giving you time to decide on why you flag, you know, little chance to flag a post here accidentally.

And flagging criminal posts like OP talks of surely are more important than flagging forum ads or posts one doesn’t like for one or other reason?

All for a flagging button for such BRs, but we had that up in suggestions already, so, yeah.

But if it was made clear that hitting a flag-button wrongly just to mark a competitor’s harmless post would lead to account restrictions, that surely would steady people’s forefingers.

I mean, even if you flag a forum post as an ad or whatever, the flag only gets through after giving you time to decide on why you flag, you know, little chance to flag a post here accidentally.

And flagging criminal posts like OP talks of surely are more important than flagging forum ads or posts one doesn’t like for one or other reason?

All for a flagging button for such BRs, but we had that up in suggestions already, so, yeah.

It would steady their forefingers about as much as it prevents sellers from advertising their services in Buyer Requests.

It would steady their forefingers about as much as it prevents sellers from advertising their services in Buyer Requests.

I don’t think you have to click through a ‘using this to post your services as a seller against our TOS (link) will get your account and IP/device(s) banned from using fiverr’ or similar pop-up when you post a BR?

I don’t think you have to click through a ‘using this to post your services as a seller against our TOS (link) will get your account and IP/device(s) banned from using fiverr’ or similar pop-up when you post a BR?

I’ve never posted a BR, but I doubt that there’s anything like it. Even if there was, though, there would be people who don’t read it, they’d just click impatiently (the same they do with ToS) and proceed to do whatever it is they want to do.

I’ve never posted a BR, but I doubt that there’s anything like it. Even if there was, though, there would be people who don’t read it, they’d just click impatiently (the same they do with ToS) and proceed to do whatever it is they want to do.

I’m not sure about that, changing your IP and opening a new account might be something certain sellers won’t think twice about, but risking to have to buy a new laptop, opening a new PayPal account and all the assorted expenses and hassle should be a deterrent.

One problem there is this one:

If you found the statistics on how many gigs are already up and how many new ones are added every single day, I think you’d get a staggering number. Who would check all those buttons and then re-check that the button pushers were right or wrong?

If you found the statistics for the number of new posts in the forum on a daily average and add to that a few necro-threads that might get flagged, you’d get a very low number. We have a fair ratio of mods to flags right now, so it works out fine. We have a list of people who are interested in becoming mods when we get used to Discourse too and since the pay grade is very reasonable, Fiverr can add more when that time comes.

One problem there is this one:

If you found the statistics on how many gigs are already up and how many new ones are added every single day, I think you’d get a staggering number. Who would check all those buttons and then re-check that the button pushers were right or wrong?

If you found the statistics for the number of new posts in the forum on a daily average and add to that a few necro-threads that might get flagged, you’d get a very low number. We have a fair ratio of mods to flags right now, so it works out fine. We have a list of people who are interested in becoming mods when we get used to Discourse too and since the pay grade is very reasonable, Fiverr can add more when that time comes.

Yes, I’m sure it’s a lot, this was really on the ‘criminal BR’ posts only .

I’m still always surprised when I see people posting on having seen criminal BRs while at the same time seeing posts of Buyers whose legit seeming posts still wait for approval or all the clear seller posts in BR getting through, somehow the approval system seems a bit off kilter.

But great y’all might/get help soon, maybe that will change those things 🙂

Yes, I’m sure it’s a lot, this was really on the ‘criminal BR’ posts only .

I’m still always surprised when I see people posting on having seen criminal BRs while at the same time seeing posts of Buyers whose legit seeming posts still wait for approval or all the clear seller posts in BR getting through, somehow the approval system seems a bit off kilter.

But great y’all might/get help soon, maybe that will change those things 🙂

Getting more help for the forum will be awesome and I’m glad you agree! I’ll make a note of your interest in volunteering. 😉

The BR thing is a bit messier, I must say, although honestly I haven’t seen many “criminal” offers like that post mentioned and I’ve tried gigs in a lot of categories. Perhaps that OP was on there when one crazy person was making weird requests. I occasionally see a legal but weird request (send pictures of your toes) and I do see hacking requests once in awhile. The hacking requests probably aren’t all illegal in every country and Fiverr would likely penalize buyer and seller if someone accepted one that was unethical or illegal.

Otherwise, I usually see requests by other sellers (dumb) or requests from buyers who want 200 videos for $5 or something. The filtering system doesn’t seem to work well there, but Fiverr was never much for the bidding side of things. Hopefully someday they’ll clean it up, but I see it as mainly a fractionally useful tool for slow times or new sellers.

Archived