Buyer ratings

mariokluser

Fiverr should really start with making the ratings of buyers public. As it is now, the buyers have an unfair advantage, because they can influence the reputation of sellers, but it doesn’t work that way vice versa.

It is important for buyers to determine who to hire depending on the rating, but it’s also important for sellers to determine if they are willing to work for certain buyers, based on their rating.

As it is now, Fiverr only shows one side of the coin. This is totally unfair. While questionable behavior of some sellers can get exposed easily, the bad behavior of some buyers stays unpunished.

It’s not that I have personally that much bad experiences, but there are ignorant people on both sides. I know that there are a lot of sellers who get treated inappropriate by buyers who act unreasonable however they darn well please. Knowing that the only person who can get blemishes is the seller.

We should demand that Fiverr makes the ratings of buyers public and for everyone to see.
There are only advantages attached to that.

I so agree with you on this one. There should be something that when a buyer contacts you it shows their buyer rating and we get to choose if we would like to work with them. Maybe it could also show how many times they have left negative feedback or 4 stars. Great idea. I would contact customer support about this one. I’m on board! 🙂

Fiverr should really start with making the ratings of buyers public. As it is now, the buyers have an unfair advantage, because they can influence the reputation of sellers, but it doesn’t work that way vice versa.

It is important for buyers to determine who to hire depending on the rating, but it’s also important for sellers to determine if they are willing to work for certain buyers, based on their rating.

I reject 80% of all buyers that approach me. I’m always trusting my gut.
Just today I had one who first wanted me to do professional work for an unprofessional payment and then came with a certain attitude I don’t like. I told him that even if he would pay ten times my normal rate I wouldn’t work with him because of that.
My gut told me that this would be one of these !@#$ buyers who suck newbies dry, who are eager to get an order no matter what.

There is the rather tedious Google workaround, but yeah, I agree. I can only assume that buyer reviews aren’t available because it impacts on sales. They did turn it on for a short while some time back and there was rejoicing across the forum, but then it got switched off again. The only other thing is that maybe it is bugged and the dev team haven’t fixed it yet, but considering that just about every other freelance site in the world shows buyer and seller reviews, it’s weird.

Call it Tenner – higher base price to weed out those buyers. Stable processing fee. Maybe a quiz regarding the TOS for both buyers and sellers. Ranked seller and buyers. List of reviews written by and regarding buyers on their page, the same for sellers.

While we’re at it… let’s have a way for sellers to defend chargebacks and a new rating system that allows for less than 5 stars to be acceptable.

Archived