BUYER REQUESTS Feature – Basics for Sellers – WHAT AND WHERE IS BR?

miiila

• Buyer Requests (BR) is FOR BUYERS to request custom offers from Sellers.

(see Key Terms etc. in following link on what is a buyer, a seller, an order, an offer, a gig etc. and memorize them - it´s easier to get correct replies on the forum when you post about issues, if you use the correct terms so everyone knows what you´re talking about: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service)

• It is NOT for Sellers to post their Gigs and services and offers, actually that can get you into trouble.

Kindly do not post your services as a post in BR if you are a Seller - it might get your account disabled, that means: you could be banned from Fiverr. Surely you don´t want that, so better don´t risk it. Quote from the Fiverr-site:

Note: Misuse of the Buyer Request feature, such as advertising your services as a seller, may lead to your account being disabled. (http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/204076146-Submitting-Offers-to-Buyer-Requests)

• It is for Sellers in so far that Sellers can REPLY TO requests BUYERS make in BR.

You, the Seller, does not post a request there - the Buyer posts a request, and you can reply by sending an offer to that request.

• Where is BR? Hover your mouse over your user name/profile icon,

click Selling > Buyer Requests.

You can filter them per category of your Gigs.

You can even search them, box top right, for specific keywords.

• BR isn´t continually updated, if you see no new BRs, give it time.

Also, depending on the number of Gigs/categories your Gigs are in, no new BRs might simply mean there are no new BRs, especially during a weekend or holidays.

If you feel as if there usually would be new BRs by now, you can try to log out of all instances of Fiverr you are logged in and clear cache ‘n’ cookies of your browser.

If BRs won´t update over a long period and cache clearing doesn´t help, you can always ask on the forum if you are the only one (would be useful to add the category you usually see BRs for), or open a ticket with Customer Support (CS).

• You have a limit of 10 offers you can send to BR per day. Keep that in mind, you might want to ‘save’ at least 1 until before you´ll log off for the day, so you are not out of offers to send, if a really good BR for you comes along.

• Do read the BR you are replying to carefully, so the Buyer will know from the text of your message that you really read their post and understood what they are requesting. Don´t send the offer only with $ and days, make use of the space for a personalized message to make your offer stand out among the others.

• You can not contact Buyers directly (unless a Buyer happens to have ordered from you before and you have a ‘communication history’ with them), this is not to annoy you or a shortcoming in the Fiverr system, but because Buyers would drown in messages by Sellers else, only reply to their BR with an offer. Often Buyers will get several – lots of offers, and only contact the Seller who’s offer they choose, don´t be disappointed, if you get no reply, it just means another Seller was faster or their offer was a better fit for that Buyer this time. Try again. 🙂

• If you write lots of offers and never get a reply/order, re-evaluate your gigs, prices, the messages you send the Buyers in your offer to the BR, your profile, maybe it´s time to try out something different.

Read helpful forum posts on all those things - but do not send personal messages to people who wrote the posts or commented on them, asking for help, especially not through the main fiverr page inbox – most will not like that and only point you back to the forum anyway, or even report you for spamming. If you want to ask for help, ask publicly on the forum, so everyone can profit from any help given. Good forum categories to ask are ‘Improve My Gig’ or ‘Conversations’ or maybe ‘New User Introductions’.

• Unlike when you usually send a custom offer to a Buyer, you can not set an expiry date for an offer you send in BR, so make sure you won´t be negatively surprised, if a Buyer takes you up on your offer when you´ve already forgotten about it and have x orders and no time.

• You can see all offers you sent in BR in Selling > Buyer Requests > Sent Offers, but unlike with offers you sent to someone via inbox, you will see that there is no ‘Withdraw Custom Offer’-button to click for those.

A useful Fiverr-link regarding BR from Seller’s side:

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/204076146-Submitting-Offers-to-Buyer-Requests

And to see how things look from Buyer’s side:

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/202967456-Requesting-Specific-Services

Good luck with sending your custom offers to the requests posted by Buyers in Buyer Requests, and don´t give up too soon, as a freelancer you need some patience and persistence. 🙂

ETA (edited to add):

Now that you know what not to do with BR, also have a look at this excellent post regarding Buyer Requests by @ayafalls with more tips on how to actually get a Buyer to accept your offer:

Have you been struggling to get orders? Then you've probably looked at the Buyer Request section a few times now, and maybe you've sent a few offers. As a buyer whose posted requests before, here are some tips for how to actually appeal to the seller: Edit before you send. Make sure that your grammar and spelling is correct and that your sentences flow and make sense. The buyer won't sit there for ten minutes trying to figure out what you had tried to say and they are very unlikely to message…

• Buyer Requests (BR) is FOR BUYERS to request custom offers from Sellers.

(see Key Terms etc. in following link on what is a buyer, a seller, an order, an offer, a gig etc. and memorize them - it´s easier to get correct replies on the forum when you post about issues, if you use the correct terms so everyone knows what you´re talking about: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service)

• It is NOT for Sellers to post their Gigs and services and offers, actually that can get you into trouble.

Kindly do not post your services as a post in BR if you are a Seller - it might get your account disabled, that means: you could be banned from Fiverr. Surely you don´t want that, so better don´t risk it. Quote from the Fiverr-site:

Note: Misuse of the Buyer Request feature, such as advertising your services as a seller, may lead to your account being disabled. (http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/204076146-Submitting-Offers-to-Buyer-Requests)

• It is for Sellers in so far that Sellers can REPLY TO requests BUYERS make in BR.

You, the Seller, does not post a request there - the Buyer posts a request, and you can reply by sending an offer to that request.

• Where is BR? Hover your mouse over your user name/profile icon,

click Selling > Buyer Requests.

You can filter them per category of your Gigs.

You can even search them, box top right, for specific keywords.

• BR isn´t continually updated, if you see no new BRs, give it time.

Also, depending on the number of Gigs/categories your Gigs are in, no new BRs might simply mean there are no new BRs, especially during a weekend or holidays.

If you feel as if there usually would be new BRs by now, you can try to log out of all instances of Fiverr you are logged in and clear cache ‘n’ cookies of your browser.

If BRs won´t update over a long period and cache clearing doesn´t help, you can always ask on the forum if you are the only one (would be useful to add the category you usually see BRs for), or open a ticket with Customer Support (CS).

• You have a limit of 10 offers you can send to BR per day. Keep that in mind, you might want to ‘save’ at least 1 until before you´ll log off for the day, so you are not out of offers to send, if a really good BR for you comes along.

• Do read the BR you are replying to carefully, so the Buyer will know from the text of your message that you really read their post and understood what they are requesting. Don´t send the offer only with $ and days, make use of the space for a personalized message to make your offer stand out among the others.

• You can not contact Buyers directly (unless a Buyer happens to have ordered from you before and you have a ‘communication history’ with them), this is not to annoy you or a shortcoming in the Fiverr system, but because Buyers would drown in messages by Sellers else, only reply to their BR with an offer. Often Buyers will get several – lots of offers, and only contact the Seller who’s offer they choose, don´t be disappointed, if you get no reply, it just means another Seller was faster or their offer was a better fit for that Buyer this time. Try again. 🙂

• If you write lots of offers and never get a reply/order, re-evaluate your gigs, prices, the messages you send the Buyers in your offer to the BR, your profile, maybe it´s time to try out something different.

Read helpful forum posts on all those things - but do not send personal messages to people who wrote the posts or commented on them, asking for help, especially not through the main fiverr page inbox – most will not like that and only point you back to the forum anyway, or even report you for spamming. If you want to ask for help, ask publicly on the forum, so everyone can profit from any help given. Good forum categories to ask are ‘Improve My Gig’ or ‘Conversations’ or maybe ‘New User Introductions’.

• Unlike when you usually send a custom offer to a Buyer, you can not set an expiry date for an offer you send in BR, so make sure you won´t be negatively surprised, if a Buyer takes you up on your offer when you´ve already forgotten about it and have x orders and no time.

• You can see all offers you sent in BR in Selling > Buyer Requests > Sent Offers, but unlike with offers you sent to someone via inbox, you will see that there is no ‘Withdraw Custom Offer’-button to click for those.

A useful Fiverr-link regarding BR from Seller’s side:

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/204076146-Submitting-Offers-to-Buyer-Requests

And to see how things look from Buyer’s side:

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/202967456-Requesting-Specific-Services

Good luck with sending your custom offers to the requests posted by Buyers in Buyer Requests, and don´t give up too soon, as a freelancer you need some patience and persistence. 🙂

ETA (edited to add):

Now that you know what not to do with BR, also have a look at this excellent post regarding Buyer Requests by @ayafalls with more tips on how to actually get a Buyer to accept your offer:

Have you been struggling to get orders? Then you've probably looked at the Buyer Request section a few times now, and maybe you've sent a few offers. As a buyer whose posted requests before, here are some tips for how to actually appeal to the seller: Edit before you send. Make sure that your grammar and spelling is correct and that your sentences flow and make sense. The buyer won't sit there for ten minutes trying to figure out what you had tried to say and they are very unlikely to message…

Do read the BR you are replying to carefully, so the Buyer will know from the text of your message that you really read their post and understood what they are requesting. Don´t send the offer only with $ and days, make use of the space for a personalized message to make your offer stand out among the others.

Excellent & thorough post. I have used buyer’s request several times in the past year. Your suggestions are exactly what I look for from bidders.

Recently, I posted a translation service in B. R. I told them to translate in their bid: “My best gig is the translation service.” Here are the three I chose (mind you, this is not everything they wrote, just what grabbed my attention)

(1) This is the translation you requested as an example: “Mi mejor gig es mi servicio de traducción”. I didn’t translate the word gig since this is not commonly used in Spanish and whoever works with it will recognize it.

(2) I’m sure I’d be able to meet your expectations… After all, “la migliore tra le mie gig è proprio questo servizio di traduzione”!

(3) I’m a French native speaker. I consider myself pretty quick and efficient, I also do all of my translations by hand. . . . As for your sentence: “Mon meilleur boulot est ce service de traduction.”

Here are examples of the few that I did NOT choose. Can anyone guess why?

(1) I am waiting that you contact me.

(2) I could get started to work on the translation of your book tomorrow.

(3) Hi Dear

(4) Also, the person who bid in (foreign language). If I knew the language, I wouldn’t need to hire someone. I used google to get a gist of what he was saying - the problem is this. He failed to translate the one and only sentence I asked him to.

Do read the BR you are replying to carefully, so the Buyer will know from the text of your message that you really read their post and understood what they are requesting. Don´t send the offer only with $ and days, make use of the space for a personalized message to make your offer stand out among the others.

Excellent & thorough post. I have used buyer’s request several times in the past year. Your suggestions are exactly what I look for from bidders.

Recently, I posted a translation service in B. R. I told them to translate in their bid: “My best gig is the translation service.” Here are the three I chose (mind you, this is not everything they wrote, just what grabbed my attention)

(1) This is the translation you requested as an example: “Mi mejor gig es mi servicio de traducción”. I didn’t translate the word gig since this is not commonly used in Spanish and whoever works with it will recognize it.

(2) I’m sure I’d be able to meet your expectations… After all, “la migliore tra le mie gig è proprio questo servizio di traduzione”!

(3) I’m a French native speaker. I consider myself pretty quick and efficient, I also do all of my translations by hand. . . . As for your sentence: “Mon meilleur boulot est ce service de traduction.”

Here are examples of the few that I did NOT choose. Can anyone guess why?

(1) I am waiting that you contact me.

(2) I could get started to work on the translation of your book tomorrow.

(3) Hi Dear

(4) Also, the person who bid in (foreign language). If I knew the language, I wouldn’t need to hire someone. I used google to get a gist of what he was saying - the problem is this. He failed to translate the one and only sentence I asked him to.

(3) Hi Dear

This is my guess, you would have preferred 'Hi Bro". 🐈

[Disclaimer: Previous sentence was a joke. Please do not call Buyers whose requests you send an offer to any of the following: Dear, bro/ther, sis/ter, friend. ‘Hello’ instead of ‘Hi’ might be better for a first contact too, unless the Buyer wrote ‘Hi’ in their offer or when they contacted you.]

(3) Hi Dear

[Disclaimer: Previous sentence was a joke. Please do not call Buyers whose requests you send an offer to any of the following: Dear, bro/ther, sis/ter, friend. ‘Hello’ instead of ‘Hi’ might be better for a first contact too, unless the Buyer wrote ‘Hi’ in their offer or when they contacted you.]

Previous sentence was a joke

I dont think so.

It is now set in stone!

stone.thumb.jpg.449938331d5da454c847f0733da971af.jpg

Disclaimer: The above image and its relative statement was ALSO a joke. Please follow advice of the previous post.

(3) Hi Dear

@miiila, @djgodknows:

Disclaimers and more disclaimers - hee, hee, hee!

Close, very close. I would have preferred “Hi, Dude or Yo, Dude!” – (Humm, should I add a disclaimer?)

Seriously, I did add a disclaimer to the request that only native speakers (of particular foreign language - edited for DJ) who are also fluent in English bid. The fact that only one of the 14 or so bidders used that phrase told me that is NOT how French natives learn to speak English, or anyone that grew up in a French speaking area would address someone they do not know. I have no need to pay someone to use google translate, I can do that all on my own - I did not hire him.

@miiila, @djgodknows:

Disclaimers and more disclaimers - hee, hee, hee!

Close, very close. I would have preferred “Hi, Dude or Yo, Dude!” – (Humm, should I add a disclaimer?)

Seriously, I did add a disclaimer to the request that only native speakers (of particular foreign language - edited for DJ) who are also fluent in English bid. The fact that only one of the 14 or so bidders used that phrase told me that is NOT how French natives learn to speak English, or anyone that grew up in a French speaking area would address someone they do not know. I have no need to pay someone to use google translate, I can do that all on my own - I did not hire him.

native speakers who are fluent in English bid.

Wait, you wanted Native Speakers fluent in English but can translate French?

If so, you could’ve really narrowed it down by saying, please only apply if you are a French-Canadian😋

• 3 weeks later...

Hi miila , this is a nice post with excellent tips i will do , but sometimes as a new seller here in fiverr when i click BR i found other sellers say i will do something or design something and i am sure they are sellers not buyers , i tried to do like them then i got that message from fiverr ,

Hi miila , this is a nice post with excellent tips i will do , but sometimes as a new seller here in fiverr when i click BR i found other sellers say i will do something or design something and i am sure they are sellers not buyers , i tried to do like them then i got that message from fiverr ,

@emadsolitan

Wh would you try to do like THEM, when you know they are sellers and are doing the WRONG thing??

Hi Emad, yes, I know, it´s not easy to know and do all the right things when starting, which is why I wrote this post, I hope it helps some people, and keeps some from doing the wrong thing: posting in BR as a seller. 😉 The thing is that what can be done will be done by some people…how…they just do it, you know, but that doesn´t make it right, like so many other things that are being done.
It´s always a very very very good idea though to read all TOS, regulations and other available information especially if one has money in a thing, or one´s livelihood, as can be seen on other threads, so one at least is aware of what is and what isn´t allowed and will not lose one´s account just because one didn´t feel like reading the TOS.
Good luck with replying to Buyer Requests. 🙂

Thank you. very helpful post

Look at this post by @ayafalls too, you two, very useful:

Thank you for the post!
I’ve returned to fiverr after a long, long absence, and when I saw the stupid amount of spam in the BR section I thought maybe the rules had changed…and not in the good way 😕 Good to know it’s just people not using it for its intended purpose, instead of it being a mess ON purpose XD

Thanks for this post! It was really helpful.
However, I have a question… When I go to the ‘Buyer Requests’ section, all I see are sellers offering their gigs, there isn’t even ONE buyer asking for anything. All my gigs are tagged and I even used the search bar but I only see 20 active requests and all of them are just sellers. How am I supposed to offer anything if there’s no one to offer it to? Is this a problem? Can it be fixed? I don’t understand ):

However, I have a question… When I go to the ‘Buyer Requests’ section, all I see are sellers offering their gigs, there isn’t even ONE buyer asking for anything. All my gigs are tagged and I even used the search bar but I only see 20 active requests and all of them are just sellers. How am I supposed to offer anything if there’s no one to offer it to? Is this a problem? Can it be fixed? I don’t understand ):

Dear Ariadna:

Please bear in mind that the Buyer Requests you see are based on the categories in which your currently active gigs reside.

This is where your market research comes in.

You currently have 3 active gigs. You can add 4 more as a New Seller.

What you’ve discovered is that for the niches you’ve chosen, there aren’t that many relevant Buyer Requests.

If you add appropriate gigs appropriate for your skills in appropriate categories, with appropriate experimentation you may find appropriate Buyer Requests for what you are trying to accomplish… (obviously, there’s no point to adding more gigs in your current categories for this purpose).

Good luck,

Blaise

I’ve never seen only sellers posting in my category so far. If that is so in yours, apart from what Blaise said, it might be good to make screenshots of that and send them to Customer Support, so they can see that something is wrong with their approval process for BR and also that maybe more marketing for that niche might be an idea, if it’s a niche that should by all logic have more demand.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived