Can we get 1 week clearing period?

Hi,

This might be something to consider for Fiverr administration, as I believe it will mean a lot to good amount of sellers, I know it will to me, as I made Fiverr my main source of incomes and a full time job.
I know this is one of advantages for Top Rated Sellers, so it shouldn’t be too hard to implement for at least 2nd lvl sellers.

Is this something you will consider doing as 20% fee is already a good amount, can we at least get smaller clearing periods?

Would like some feedback on this from people who are in charge of this and/or have any impact on this platform, is this possible, and if not, why is that?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ivan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

This might be something to consider for Fiverr administration, as I believe it will mean a lot to good amount of sellers, I know it will to me, as I made Fiverr my main source of incomes and a full time job.

I know this is one of advantages for Top Rated Sellers, so it shouldn’t be too hard to implement for at least 2nd lvl sellers.

Is this something you will consider doing as 20% fee is already a good amount, can we at least get smaller clearing periods?

Would like some feedback on this from people who are in charge of this and/or have any impact on this platform, is this possible, and if not, why is that?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Ivan

If you want a direct answer, I would suggest you take this directly to customer support. This has been on the wishlist for a long time but I personally don’t see it happening.

If you want a direct answer, I would suggest you take this directly to customer support. This has been on the wishlist for a long time but I personally don’t see it happening.

I don’t have very good experience with support, they’re usually giving me scripted answers that are often semi related to my actual question, if I’d open a ticket asking them about this, answer would be something along “Clearing period is 2 weeks. Thank you for contacting us” lines.

And as this is Fiverr Site Suggestion part of the site, it looks like perfect place to post suggestion I have about this website. Just in case any of those in charge actually read it.

I don’t have very good experience with support, they’re usually giving me scripted answers that are often semi related to my actual question, if I’d open a ticket asking them about this, answer would be something along “Clearing period is 2 weeks. Thank you for contacting us” lines.

And as this is Fiverr Site Suggestion part of the site, it looks like perfect place to post suggestion I have about this website. Just in case any of those in charge actually read it.

Sure it doesn’t hurt to ask ;).

Awesome. You know what before i saw your thread, I was about to post " I wish only 3 day clearing period" and then i saw your post. 14 days are awful since people like me ( i am doing this for my university fee) need their money fast.

3 days seems a little bit unrealistic, 7 days are pretty much way to go in my opinion. We know it’s possible and it shouldn’t be hard to implement since Top Rated Sellers already have this.

privilege of the few

Haven’t you guys heard of NET 30? Here is a helpful link

en.wikipedia.org 40px-ThreeCoins.svg.png

Net D

Net 10, net 15, net 30 and net 60 (often hyphenated "net-10" and/or followed by "days", e.g., "net 10 days") are forms of trade credit which specify that the net amount (the total outstanding on the invoice) is expected to be paid in full and received by the seller within 10, 15, 30 or 60 days after the goods are dispatched or service is completed. Net 30 or net 60 terms are often coupled with a credit for early payment. The word net in this sense means "total after all discounts." It originally ...

What a horror, eh? That’s regular freelance income and it’s not guaranteed! You’ll have to chase up those malingering clients, not to mention market to them and all the other stuff. And you may not get paid until 3 months later! How desperately unfair the world of modern business is.

If you have regular orders (i.e. on a daily, or near-daily basis), you get income cleared pretty much every day and this becomes a non-issue. If you are looking for quick cash, Fiverr isn’t the best platform. And yes, I do enjoy the 7-day withdrawal benefit from my golden throne, but you know what, apart from the first week where I had ‘double income’ it hasn’t made much difference. I still only take money out at a certain threshold, which can be in a week, or in a month. It depends.

Just work towards becoming a TRS instead of trying to change something as minor as this. You could focus on improving your skills or something. Stuff like that.

privilege of the few

Net D

Net 10, net 15, net 30 and net 60 (often hyphenated "net-10" and/or followed by "days", e.g., "net 10 days") are forms of trade credit which specify that the net amount (the total outstanding on the invoice) is expected to be paid in full and received by the seller within 10, 15, 30 or 60 days after the goods are dispatched or service is completed. Net 30 or net 60 terms are often coupled with a credit for early payment. The word net in this sense means "total after all discounts." It originally ...

What a horror, eh? That’s regular freelance income and it’s not guaranteed! You’ll have to chase up those malingering clients, not to mention market to them and all the other stuff. And you may not get paid until 3 months later! How desperately unfair the world of modern business is.

If you have regular orders (i.e. on a daily, or near-daily basis), you get income cleared pretty much every day and this becomes a non-issue. If you are looking for quick cash, Fiverr isn’t the best platform. And yes, I do enjoy the 7-day withdrawal benefit from my golden throne, but you know what, apart from the first week where I had ‘double income’ it hasn’t made much difference. I still only take money out at a certain threshold, which can be in a week, or in a month. It depends.

Just work towards becoming a TRS instead of trying to change something as minor as this. You could focus on improving your skills or something. Stuff like that.

trying to change something as minor as this

This isn’t minor by any means.

Because some of us instead of doing bunch of small gigs, do smaller amount of bigger jobs, and if you for example have to wait up to 17 days after work is complete to receive your funds, that start to become an issue.

But what is the issue? If its a need of money, then you need to manage your money better or find an alternative source of income that runs inline with Fiverr to ensure that you have a steady income stream. If you’re working on larger projects, then break it down into weekly milestones to get the money in drips. There are a lot of solutions here, and Fiverr’s unlikely to change its current policy right now. 14 days isn’t that bad: Amazon takes 2 or 3 months to pay out on the KDP program, for example.

Ultimately, it’s up to you to find a workaround that makes the scheme more comfortable for you until such a time as you become TRS and enjoy that perk. That’s just the way it is.

Though I also don’t believe that it makes much of a difference, it would be nice if there’s something in between the 14 days for us mortal souls and 7 days for the TRS. Maybe 10 days clearance time for level 2 sellers. If you suddenly take on a bigger assignment, and know you won’t be paid for a month or so, you just need to keep a buffer.

Though I also don’t believe that it makes much of a difference, it would be nice if there’s something in between the 14 days for us mortal souls and 7 days for the TRS. Maybe 10 days clearance time for level 2 sellers. If you suddenly take on a bigger assignment, and know you won’t be paid for a month or so, you just need to keep a buffer.

I’ve already given you a solution that acts as a buffer. All you need to do is explain it to the client as a benefit.

But what is the issue? If its a need of money, then you need to manage your money better or find an alternative source of income that runs inline with Fiverr to ensure that you have a steady income stream. If you’re working on larger projects, then break it down into weekly milestones to get the money in drips. There are a lot of solutions here, and Fiverr’s unlikely to change its current policy right now. 14 days isn’t that bad: Amazon takes 2 or 3 months to pay out on the KDP program, for example.

Ultimately, it’s up to you to find a workaround that makes the scheme more comfortable for you until such a time as you become TRS and enjoy that perk. That’s just the way it is.

That’s just the way it is.

And that’s why I’m trying to change current way of things. There’s a reason why competitive services provide 7 day clearing period and more perks as you make them more money, such as lower fees as you progress etc. This suggestion would make Fiverr better place to work for bunch of us while not harming others, so I don’t see reason not to be implemented.

As for other things you suggested, life is not same for everyone and when you have to provide for your family at young age you don’t have much room to maneuver, but that’s another story, I’m sure no one here want to hear about.

Point is, in my, and from what I can see, other people opinions as well, this could be a big improvement that should be moderately easy to implement.

privilege of the few

Net D

You’ll have to chase up those malingering clients, not to mention market to them and all the other stuff. And you may not get paid until 3 months later! How desperately unfair the world of modern business is.

Ding ding ding!

I’ve got two clients who finally paid me over $1000 they owed me 2 months later after the voice over was delivered. Beautiful stuff! And I’m talking about two different clients, two different voice overs, no related at all between each other. 2 months.

That’s just the way it is.

And that’s why I’m trying to change current way of things. There’s a reason why competitive services provide 7 day clearing period and more perks as you make them more money, such as lower fees as you progress etc. This suggestion would make Fiverr better place to work for bunch of us while not harming others, so I don’t see reason not to be implemented.

As for other things you suggested, life is not same for everyone and when you have to provide for your family at young age you don’t have much room to maneuver, but that’s another story, I’m sure no one here want to hear about.

Point is, in my, and from what I can see, other people opinions as well, this could be a big improvement that should be moderately easy to implement.

The competitor site is also notorious for a lot of other things, but let’s not get into that either. You’re not going to change anything by posting on the forum–Customer Support is the only way to contact Fiverr, and you’ll likely get a canned response. The CEO of Fiverr had a Twitter Q&A where this question was asked multiple times to deafening silence. There is your answer.

You can always focus on the competitor site(s), for example. It should be noted that larger orders are very risky here on Fiverr, as a PP chargeback will see your money gone, even months after the work is complete. By batching up larger orders into smaller ones, you not only get your money quicker, you also offer yourself a little protection.

Instead of trying to seek change where there will be none, be the change you want to see! It’s just not going to happen, irrespective of your financial and personal situation. I suggest you look into the protests a couple of years back when the review system changed–TRS quit over that–but it stuck.

You can try, but you’re just wasting time–that’s just the way it is. See @torelles response above… er… below. Wherever it shows up. Same complaint, and business doesn’t care. You have to care and do what you need to do in order to get paid when you want. That’s harder than complaining on a forum, true, but that’s the simple truth of it all.

The competitor site is also notorious for a lot of other things, but let’s not get into that either. You’re not going to change anything by posting on the forum–Customer Support is the only way to contact Fiverr, and you’ll likely get a canned response. The CEO of Fiverr had a Twitter Q&A where this question was asked multiple times to deafening silence. There is your answer.

You can always focus on the competitor site(s), for example. It should be noted that larger orders are very risky here on Fiverr, as a PP chargeback will see your money gone, even months after the work is complete. By batching up larger orders into smaller ones, you not only get your money quicker, you also offer yourself a little protection.

Instead of trying to seek change where there will be none, be the change you want to see! It’s just not going to happen, irrespective of your financial and personal situation. I suggest you look into the protests a couple of years back when the review system changed–TRS quit over that–but it stuck.

You can try, but you’re just wasting time–that’s just the way it is. See @torelles response above… er… below. Wherever it shows up. Same complaint, and business doesn’t care. You have to care and do what you need to do in order to get paid when you want. That’s harder than complaining on a forum, true, but that’s the simple truth of it all.

It’s suggestion to make this platform better place to work, if this post makes any difference great, if not, at least I tried. Customer support was in most of my tickets ( even though there are some great people who work there ) useless, I asked about one thing, they answered with some script that had nothing to do with my question, so there’s no point in asking them about this topic.

As far for changes, even though main chunk of income still come from here, that becomes less and less of a case, which is good thing I guess. But again, that’s not important as focus of this topic is on something else.

Seeing that the PayPal chargeback time is 120 days,I suppose those 14 days are good training in not regarding your own hard-earned money your money for rainier days to come. Alternatively we can tell ourselves it´s a friendly nudge to meditate about questions like 'Do you really need to pay rent at the beginning of a month already, or wouldn´t it be fairer, if you paid on the 15th?" or 'Sleep fourteen nights about it, before you buy it, and you´ll see you didn´t even really want or need it." If I only had a week to think about paying bills and purchases, it would really thwart my excercises in minimalism and asceticism. As it is, I read that human beings under normal conditions can survive 60 days without eating, so. Just don´t forget to pay the water bill always first, when money comes in.

/s

I´d prefer 7 days to 14, sure, could be worse though, I might not have discovered that fiverr exists.

It’s suggestion to make this platform better place to work, if this post makes any difference great, if not, at least I tried. Customer support was in most of my tickets ( even though there are some great people who work there ) useless, I asked about one thing, they answered with some script that had nothing to do with my question, so there’s no point in asking them about this topic.

As far for changes, even though main chunk of income still come from here, that becomes less and less of a case, which is good thing I guess. But again, that’s not important as focus of this topic is on something else.

Customer support was in most of my tickets ( even though there are some great people who work there ) useless, I asked about one thing, they answered with some script that had nothing to do with my question, so there’s no point in asking them about this topic.

Customer Support is the only way to contact Fiverr, and you’ll likely get a canned response. The CEO of Fiverr had a Twitter Q&A where this question was asked multiple times to deafening silence. There is your answer.

Here’s the Twitter, you can see for yourself.

t*********m RO-Cl2jU_400x400.jpg

Micha Kaufman (michakaufman)

As part of our new #InDoersWeTrust campaign I want your thoughts: What can @Fiverr improve on or create in 2017 to help you do? #Fiverr2017

There’s a lol in there about someone who wants 3 day withdrawal for TRS. I mean, this is really the crux of the matter: you can’t make everyone happy…

Customer support was in most of my tickets ( even though there are some great people who work there ) useless, I asked about one thing, they answered with some script that had nothing to do with my question, so there’s no point in asking them about this topic.

Customer Support is the only way to contact Fiverr, and you’ll likely get a canned response. The CEO of Fiverr had a Twitter Q&A where this question was asked multiple times to deafening silence. There is your answer.

Here’s the Twitter, you can see for yourself.

t*********m RO-Cl2jU_400x400.jpg

Micha Kaufman (michakaufman)

As part of our new #InDoersWeTrust campaign I want your thoughts: What can @Fiverr improve on or create in 2017 to help you do? #Fiverr2017

There’s a lol in there about someone who wants 3 day withdrawal for TRS. I mean, this is really the crux of the matter: you can’t make everyone happy…

Sent there as well, thanks for the link.

Archived