Do you think I'm offering something original?

sommerack

Dear Sommerack:

What name do you like to be called? Your customers want to know what to call you.

I took a quick look at your profile:

Your profile image: The background is too dark. You have a pretty smile. Try a different picture with more light and the same bright smile…
Your log line: This is a slogan that appears under your user name. You don’t have one. You should get one and make it cool, with lots of keywords.
Your profile text – note the edits:

I study fine art at university and enjoy illustrating. I’m an avid gardener and play lots of sports and volunteer at museums. I’m here to help YOU! -[Name Buyers Should Call You]

All your gigs should have video, 3 images, 2 pdfs (@3 pages each, for more samples), and so on…

Make a video of yourself talking to the camera, because this approach garners IMMEDIATE RESULTS. Include additional samples in the video!

The biggest issue with this gig is finding your target audience. To answer your question, no I don’t think it’s too specific, but I definitely think you should add some other complementary gigs in your field.

One thing I suggest you do while you’re building on Fiverr is to post images: on Facebook, Twitter, Chum Hum, whatever. If you were to create the ideal fantasy scene for J.K. Rowling (not based on Harry Potter, because Harry Potter tributes are so ubiquitous, it’s nearly impossible to stand out), and she were to like it so much that she retweeted it, you’d immediately get more business than you can handle. Who’s your favorite personality on social media, and what can you create to make them say, “Wow!”?

By the way, you should put limits on your queue based on how fast you’re able to draw.

In my opinion, your gig description is too brief, and you would be wise to invest in a copy writer. You definitely need to polish your English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Because you have no reviews, your delivery time for the Basic package should be no more than 1 day. Once you get to Level 1, you can stretch that out, but right now it’s working against you.

Brainstorm ideas that you can complete in no more than 15 minutes for $5 (don’t advertise 15-minute delivery, just don’t work yourself to death for $5).

I suggest that every Seller on Fiverr offer at least 1 product, even if they are focused on Service. Check out Fiverrcast Episode 28 for more information on this topic:

http://blog.fiverr.com/fiverrcast-episode-28-finding-success-pre-made-product-transcript/

Good luck,
Blaise

[details=Click Here for TOP SECRET Tips and Tricks
Never Contact a Seller on Fiverr to Ask for FREE STUFF!]
Be sure to make use of Tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, Fiverrcast, and Support.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist. Please study this thread to better appreciate what I’m talking about here.

Here’s a thread discussing a specific example of a Buyer Request for which I created a gig and then asked for help improving that gig via the forum.

Improve My Gig Checklist
Seller Tip Trilogy
3 Top Tips and Tricks
How Do I Attract Buyers to My Gig?
Buyer Requests 1
Buyer Requests 2
Tips for Non-Native English Speakers
Sellers Instructionals from a Techies POV
Video Tutorial
SEO Idea
54 Sales in Our First Month
7 Tips for Upselling