Fiverr Pro Selection

omernadeem

I don’t be to be offensive towards the Fiverr Editors, I’m sure they had their reason for doing so. But, I just can’t understand how a guy like this (See attached file) was able to get verified for Fiverr Pro.

Could someone maybe help me understand?

Edit: This guy isn’t the only one. I’m seeing hundreds of people that have zero sales and extremely expensive gigs that are verified.

Mod Note: Image and link removed. Do not screenshot other sellers or link to their gigs in order to criticize or insult them.

Fiverr probably contacted them? (edit: just guessing). I heard that pro gigs are handpicked by Fiverr staff.

Mod Note: Appreciate that you were just clarifying something regarding the OP but Link Removed as it is now irrelevant.

So, most of them already have a website and a well running business. That sucks for us, man.

I don’t be to be offensive towards the Fiverr Editors, I’m sure they had their reason for doing so. But, I just can’t understand how a guy like this (See attached file) was able to get verified for Fiverr Pro.

Edit: This guy isn’t the only one. I’m seeing hundreds of people that have zero sales and extremely expensive gigs that are verified.

Mod Note: Image and link removed. Do not screenshot other sellers or link to their gigs in order to criticize or insult them.

I’ll guess: These people have a track record of clients who have paid over $1K for services before. They have enough experience and results that are strong enough the Fiverr staff thought they can justify their prices, due to their history.

They probably weren’t on Fiverr before because they were not going to try to sell gigs at $50, when they already had a successful business with clients paying $1000 or more for projects. The type of client looking for $1K projects are often different than those looking for $100 projects.

They may have never considered Fiverr viable for their marketing plan, now this program is different and gives them a chance.

If I was a manager, I’d consider a firm like this IF they can demonstrate X years of selling projects in the $1K and up range. That’s smart IF that’s how it works.

But, don’t you think the people on Pro have an advantage? Like for instance, when a buyer looks at my profile he/she will only have the word of other buyers. But, when they look at these Pro guys, they will have the endorsement of Fiverr itself. That does tilt things in their favor.

I’ll guess: These people have a track record of clients who have paid over $1K for services before. They have enough experience and results that are strong enough the Fiverr staff thought they can justify their prices, due to their history.

They probably weren’t on Fiverr before because they were not going to try to sell gigs at $50, when they already had a successful business with clients paying $1000 or more for projects. The type of client looking for $1K projects are often different than those looking for $100 projects.

They may have never considered Fiverr viable for their marketing plan, now this program is different and gives them a chance.

If I was a manager, I’d consider a firm like this IF they can demonstrate X years of selling projects in the $1K and up range. That’s smart IF that’s how it works.

@lisabaarns That does sort of make sense. Thank you.

But, don’t you think the people on Pro have an advantage? Like for instance, when a buyer looks at my profile he/she will only have the word of other buyers. But, when they look at these Pro guys, they will have the endorsement of Fiverr itself. That does tilt things in their favor.

@omernadeem I understand what you mean. That´s why some people think gigs that have the PRO label and gigs that don´t have a PRO label should be separated in different pages, or something like that.

It was discussed a bit in this thread.

Do you think Fiverr Pro wil make it? What are some Buyers Thoughts?

So what? You can compete because not all buyers have that kind of budget. You can charge $300 or $500, and maybe it isn’t at the same level, but it could be strong enough that someone looks at the Pro sellers first, then decides for half the money they can get 80% of the results via you. (Don’t take that wrong, you may be better than someone with a Pro badge.)

The more high end, high priced sellers, the more room there is in the middle ground that wasn’t there before.

Before you were high priced if you had a $200 gig. Now someone doing the “same thing” for $700 or $800 looks like a potential bargain. Some buyers shop for the best, then buy something in the middle range.

So what? You can compete because not all buyers have that kind of budget. You can charge $300 or $500, and maybe it isn’t at the same level, but it could be strong enough that someone looks at the Pro sellers first, then decides for half the money they can get 80% of the results via you. (Don’t take that wrong, you may be better than someone with a Pro badge.)

The more high end, high priced sellers, the more room there is in the middle ground that wasn’t there before.

Before you were high priced if you had a $200 gig. Now someone doing the “same thing” for $700 or $800 looks like a potential bargain. Some buyers shop for the best, then buy something in the middle range.

Valid point. Its true that most people aren’t going to pay a $1000 for just logos. Maybe Google or Microsoft, but most people will go for Gigs <$100. But, there are also a lot of other people in PRO that are working at a regular price range ($5-$50).

Valid point. Its true that most people aren’t going to pay a $1000 for just logos. Maybe Google or Microsoft, but most people will go for Gigs <$100. But, there are also a lot of other people in PRO that are working at a regular price range ($5-$50).

most people aren’t going to pay a $1000 for just logos. Maybe Google or Microsoft

According to this article, Google and Microsoft spent $0 on their logos.

Simplio Web Studio - Your Place for Web Design – 21 Mar 14
Miami-ecommerce-web-design.jpg

The 10 Most Expensive Logo Designs and Rebranding

Often companies spend millions of dollars for rebranding purposes. Take a look at 10 of the most expensive logo designs and also few that were almost free.

˝…a great logo can cost thousands of dollars, but even a price tag of millions doesn’t guarantee that a logo will be good or adequate. And sometimes, logos that cost negligible amounts of money or are even free can go down in history with their iconic brand messages.˝

So, each to their own.

Don´t worry, be happy. 🙂

Archived