How are my gigs?

alvia17

I’m a pretty new seller on Fiverr. I currently have two gigs but no orders yet. My first gig is creating e cards, and my second gig is creating various sound effects for people’s recordings. Can you tell me how I can improve my gigs and how they are as is? Also, I can’t find myself when I search my username or even my gig, so I hope you guys can. Thanks! If you cannot see my gigs please let me know!!!

Dear Alvia:

How do you prefer to be addressed? Your customers want to know what to call you.

Here is a checklist to help you improve your gigs.

Here’s the link to your profile.

• Your log line:

Student looking to make others happy through my various services!

I suggest that you come up with a new one.

*Your profile image:

I suggest a photo of you smiling.

• Your profile text:

I suggest you hire a copy writer to make this pop.

• Gig Title:

I will ship you a personalized poem as a gift

This gig raises major red flags for me.

• Gig Description:

I seriously don’t believe you realize how much postage is. You live on a round planet called Earth, and after Fiverr’s cut and taxes, I don’t see how you can afford postage to some international destinations and still make a reasonable net income.

That said, the formatting (one long paragraph) is likely to put Buyers off.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS / COMPLEMENTARY GIGS

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. Fiverr says videos can boost your sales. You should include lots of examples.

Gig Images: You should have 3. These should be pictures of YOU writing the poem, putting the poem in the bottle, throwing the bottle in the ocean, NOT a generic message in a bottle photo.

Gig Extras:

You’ve gone the gig packages route, which is fine.

Gig Packages:

Maybe you’re priced out shipping around the world and this deal still makes financial sense. Good luck with that.

As a general rule of thumb I would avoid gigs that require shipping physical items. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck,
Blaise

Dear Alvia:

How do you prefer to be addressed? Your customers want to know what to call you.

Here is a checklist to help you improve your gigs.

Here’s the link to your profile.

• Your log line:

Student looking to make others happy through my various services!

I suggest that you come up with a new one.

*Your profile image:

I suggest a photo of you smiling.

• Your profile text:

I suggest you hire a copy writer to make this pop.

• Gig Title:

I will ship you a personalized poem as a gift

This gig raises major red flags for me.

• Gig Description:

I seriously don’t believe you realize how much postage is. You live on a round planet called Earth, and after Fiverr’s cut and taxes, I don’t see how you can afford postage to some international destinations and still make a reasonable net income.

That said, the formatting (one long paragraph) is likely to put Buyers off.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS / COMPLEMENTARY GIGS

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. Fiverr says videos can boost your sales. You should include lots of examples.

Gig Images: You should have 3. These should be pictures of YOU writing the poem, putting the poem in the bottle, throwing the bottle in the ocean, NOT a generic message in a bottle photo.

Gig Extras:

You’ve gone the gig packages route, which is fine.

Gig Packages:

Maybe you’re priced out shipping around the world and this deal still makes financial sense. Good luck with that.

As a general rule of thumb I would avoid gigs that require shipping physical items. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck,

Blaise

Thanks for the feedback! I am myself questioning my poem gig, so that probably will not be around much longer. I uploaded a video for my sound effects gig but I got an email saying something went wrong and I have to try again. I will do that asap. How do you think my sound effect gig is? Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! I am myself questioning my poem gig, so that probably will not be around much longer. I uploaded a video for my sound effects gig but I got an email saying something went wrong and I have to try again. I will do that asap. How do you think my sound effect gig is? Thanks!

Dear Alvia:

In general I look at only 1 gig per Seller, else I’d have no time for anything else.

Perhaps someone else will provide you with feedback on your sound effect gig.

Good luck,

Blaise

Archived