How do I attract buyers to my GIG

charles20bc

Dear Charles:

Dear Fiverr Seller: I didn't take a look at your gig, but here is a checklist that may help: Polish your English: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and so on. Are you trying to reach US English speakers or international English speakers? Make sure your phrasing is consistent with your target audience. Remember that buyers are on Fiverr so that you will solve THEIR problems. You are here to provide SOLUTIONS. There is no place for negativity in your copy. Don't say, I live in a third world …

Here’s a link to Fiverr Academy.

Here’s a link to Episode 1 of Fiverrcast.

If you take the time to earn your Autobiographer Badge, particularly adding a link to your Fiverr profile, other forum participants will be able to easily view your information.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist previously cited. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist.

For example:

Your profile image: You clearly do not have copyright for the Superman logo and so this hurts your credibility
Your log line: Giving you the African flavor [?!]
Your profile text: I am an extrovert, who has lots of experience in communicating, planning, reading, tutoring, organizing, and relationship advising. I am a very organized, detail-oriented person, I work quickly, precisely, and very hard to please you. I am here to help people professionally.
[NOTE: Minor edits to the above. I recommend you append the name you want Buyers to call you to the end. The wording of your post in this thread indicates that you may need to listen to the Fiverrcast episode, “Working Through Language.”]
Your gigs should all have video and 3 images, and so on…

Good luck,
Blaise

Dear Charles:

Dear Fiverr Seller: I didn't take a look at your gig, but here is a checklist that may help: Polish your English: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and so on. Are you trying to reach US English speakers or international English speakers? Make sure your phrasing is consistent with your target audience. Remember that buyers are on Fiverr so that you will solve THEIR problems. You are here to provide SOLUTIONS. There is no place for negativity in your copy. Don't say, I live in a third world …

If you take the time to earn your Autobiographer Badge, particularly adding a link to your Fiverr profile, other forum participants will be able to easily view your information.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist previously cited. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist.

For example:

Your profile image: You clearly do not have copyright for the Superman logo and so this hurts your credibility

Your profile text: I am an extrovert, who has lots of experience in communicating, planning, reading, tutoring, organizing, and relationship advising. I am a very organized, detail-oriented person, I work quickly, precisely, and very hard to please you. I am here to help people professionally.

[NOTE: Minor edits to the above. I recommend you append the name you want Buyers to call you to the end. The wording of your post in this thread indicates that you may need to listen to the Fiverrcast episode, “Working Through Language.”]

Good luck,

Blaise

Thanks for the advice, will start working with them now…

Dear Charles:

For example:

Good luck,

Blaise

Can you please give me tip on what to remove when describing myself And my log line.

I want to offer my service to people with the way we do it in Africa. How do I include this?

Can you please give me tip on what to remove when describing myself And my log line.

I want to offer my service to people with the way we do it in Africa. How do I include this?

Hi @charles20bc,

Here’s a list I’ve put together that helps you stand out, look Professional, and how to setup a proper, well designed gig.

Make sure you complete your profile setup 100%. Also, link all of your accounts (Facebook, Stack Overflow, Email, etc) so that potential buyers know you’re not a fly by night seller.

Use proper English in your Fiverr profile. Make sure to notate where you’re from, and make sure your sentence structure is proper. Many potential buyers will not want to work with you if your grammar, spelling, and sentence structure is not professional.

When setting up Gigs, offer the three packages instead of just a single, one size fits all. Potential buyers like variety. Also, make use of gig addons that make sense.

Have a logo designer create you a professional avatar. Buyers are looking for professional looking sellers.

Make sure to make use of the FAQ’s. Make sure your gig requirements are well written, thorough, and leave no room for miscommunication or vagueness.

Have a professional video made, such as an explainer video for each gig. Gig’s with high quality videos have a substantially better chance than just posting pictures / stock images.

When filling out the gig description, make positive use of headers, spacing, colors, etc. You do not want to describe your gig in a big, single paragraph. Break it up, use bullet points / headers, and make it look professional.

If you have any work that you can link to your Portfolio, as well as your Education, Certifications, and Skill sets.

Go after Buyer Requests; be polite, communicative, and let your customer service skills win them over.

Best of luck!

Michael

Dear Charles:

All I really have to offer is my experience as a proofreader. I can point out whether you have spelling and grammar issues, or language issues. I am not able to write compelling copy for you.

The best solution to the questions you’ve asked here would be to hire a professional copywriter.

Fortunately, you can find plenty of those on Fiverr who offer quality work at reasonable prices.

Good luck,

Blaise

Dear Charles:

All I really have to offer is my experience as a proofreader. I can point out whether you have spelling and grammar issues, or language issues. I am not able to write compelling copy for you.

The best solution to the questions you’ve asked here would be to hire a professional copywriter.

Fortunately, you can find plenty of those on Fiverr who offer quality work at reasonable prices.

Good luck,

Blaise

Thanks, just did some changes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi @charles20bc,

Here’s a list I’ve put together that helps you stand out, look Professional, and how to setup a proper, well designed gig.

Make sure you complete your profile setup 100%. Also, link all of your accounts (Facebook, Stack Overflow, Email, etc) so that potential buyers know you’re not a fly by night seller.

Use proper English in your Fiverr profile. Make sure to notate where you’re from, and make sure your sentence structure is proper. Many potential buyers will not want to work with you if your grammar, spelling, and sentence structure is not professional.

When setting up Gigs, offer the three packages instead of just a single, one size fits all. Potential buyers like variety. Also, make use of gig addons that make sense.

Have a logo designer create you a professional avatar. Buyers are looking for professional looking sellers.

Make sure to make use of the FAQ’s. Make sure your gig requirements are well written, thorough, and leave no room for miscommunication or vagueness.

Have a professional video made, such as an explainer video for each gig. Gig’s with high quality videos have a substantially better chance than just posting pictures / stock images.

When filling out the gig description, make positive use of headers, spacing, colors, etc. You do not want to describe your gig in a big, single paragraph. Break it up, use bullet points / headers, and make it look professional.

If you have any work that you can link to your Portfolio, as well as your Education, Certifications, and Skill sets.

Go after Buyer Requests; be polite, communicative, and let your customer service skills win them over.

Best of luck!

Michael

Thank you. I’m new in Fiverr and your advice helped me a lot. Thanks

• 2 years later...

Dear Charles:

For example:

Good luck,

Blaise

really appreciate your advice.

a long time don’t get any order?

Archived