How to recognize fake buyers

bharath1987

hi my dear co workers, im bharath one of the leading video editor. i have a issue regarding my work, but still i can not fix it, can anyone help me please. some buyers specially some people mainly from******** put some order and then i really did a hard job for them. As im a video editor i know the quality of thee work. even some times my co workers appreciate my work. but these fake customers play with me, when i deliver as soon as possible they ask refund and cancel the order after get my work. im so fed up of this. how can i prevent them to use my works after cancellation. how can i recognize in the initial time.

Mod Note: Post edited

I don’t think you can prevent them using your work after cancellation - though they’d be breaking copyright law if they use it without paying. I think only if Fiverr had a watermark feature like with image deliveries which were removed after acceptance of the delivery could it work. And Fiverr doesn’t allow sellers to watermark their actual deliveries (ie. not previews)

If Fiverr allowed (which it might not as the copyright to the delivered file - those paid for anyway - would belong to the buyer) maybe metadata could be added to the video file. But even if it was allowed and added, and buyers were okay with it and google or other search engine could find content with it, a user who cancelled could remove it.

You could do a rough preview (assuming it doesn’t take long) of what you would deliver before they order with watermarks/logos on it eg. saying “preview” on it. Or maybe a short part of it, and if they are happy with that then you could deliver the final full, full quality version (without the watermarks/preview text). If they cancelled then you could show support that they accepted the preview was what they were happy with before ordering, and you could decline the cancellation request (but really the preview should help prevent them cancelling in the first place, especially if they agree that what is in the preview is exactly what they want apart from watermarks. Though doing a preview is also work which will take time and on a complex job it might only be worth doing a very rough preview - but that wouldn’t show what the final version would look like exactly). You could also decline the cancellation request anyway if you provided them with what they asked for, but that would risk a bad review.

The only thing you could really do is try searching for the content after it is delivered and cancelled, and report it (if allowed) where it is breaching copyright (eg. report it to the site host or report it to youtube or wherever is hosting it).

Maybe this could help?
favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

How to deal with buyers who intentionally get the result without paying

Hello, I need your help and experience to deal with buyers who intentionally get my result without paying and decrease my cancellation rate also. Last week, I have met several buyers, who made me upset and lost belief in Fiverr. They ordered my...

Reading time: 4 mins ? Likes: 47 ❤

I don’t think you can prevent them using your work after cancellation - though they’d be breaking copyright law if they use it without paying. I think only if Fiverr had a watermark feature like with image deliveries which were removed after acceptance of the delivery could it work. And Fiverr doesn’t allow sellers to watermark their actual deliveries (ie. not previews)

If Fiverr allowed (which it might not as the copyright to the delivered file - those paid for anyway - would belong to the buyer) maybe metadata could be added to the video file. But even if it was allowed and added, and buyers were okay with it and google or other search engine could find content with it, a user who cancelled could remove it.

You could do a rough preview (assuming it doesn’t take long) of what you would deliver before they order with watermarks/logos on it eg. saying “preview” on it. Or maybe a short part of it, and if they are happy with that then you could deliver the final full, full quality version (without the watermarks/preview text). If they cancelled then you could show support that they accepted the preview was what they were happy with before ordering, and you could decline the cancellation request (but really the preview should help prevent them cancelling in the first place, especially if they agree that what is in the preview is exactly what they want apart from watermarks. Though doing a preview is also work which will take time and on a complex job it might only be worth doing a very rough preview - but that wouldn’t show what the final version would look like exactly). You could also decline the cancellation request anyway if you provided them with what they asked for, but that would risk a bad review.

The only thing you could really do is try searching for the content after it is delivered and cancelled, and report it (if allowed) where it is breaching copyright (eg. report it to the site host or report it to youtube or wherever is hosting it).

thank you for your response

Maybe this could help?

How to deal with buyers who intentionally get the result without paying

Hello, I need your help and experience to deal with buyers who intentionally get my result without paying and decrease my cancellation rate also. Last week, I have met several buyers, who made me upset and lost belief in Fiverr. They ordered my...

Reading time: 4 mins ? Likes: 47 ❤

thank you dear for your response

I am facing something close to it. can I have any suggestion or help on this topic?

Done same thing twice for client and asking again to do it or he will give me...

Hello, I need help or suggestion. One of my client bought my gig and I did everything correctly. But due to his server issue everything got deleted and he cancelled order that time. I got cancellation, but I was right from my stand. Then again he...

Archived