I'm totally out of words!

hridity

My experience is horrific on my 1st assignment. The seller denied to do my work after the deadline has passed She kept me telling that she is working very hard on my assignment but at the end of the time she even asked for an extension and I gave her an extension, then she told me she can’t do it while it came to the submition day! This is very unprofessional and very unfortunate! I’m in trouble now I regret that i have depended her!

Hey @hridity

I totally agree with @wuerz123

Check the profile from the seller too and look how long they work on fiverr. Maybe contact them first and when everything is fine, place your order.

Hope this helps - keep your head up. 🙂

If nothing works, you can contact the fiverr support, I’m sure that they’ll find a solution for it.

Cheers
metshot

@hridity
There are two ways to select a seller here on Fiverr.

1. Manually via using the Search function
  2. Buyer Request - Posting a request for a job and selecting a seller from the offers

Now I am not sure which avenue you picked to select the seller, but both options have their caveats.

Also not sure what type of work you are trying to get done, so cannot give a more accurate suggestion.

Your best bet would be to spend $5 a pop to try on several different sellers if you are getting design, translation, copy writing etc. work like that done.

If you are trying to get a big project like web development, app development etc.
You should pay attention to how the seller converses with you.
Does he/she ask you a ton of question, is he/she trying to get all necessary information from you etc.

This was a brief overview of suggestions, if you care for more, feel free to respond to this post.

Good Luck. 👍

It’s a pity that those things happen.

Try contacting level 2 sellers or top rated sellers, they’re mostly more professional with orders. Don’t give up, there are still many good sellers over here!

Not the first time I see you saying those things and this is totally wrong, just because you are level 2, top sellers do the same thing but at least they have been chosen to become top sellers, NOT all level 2 sellers are recommended

It’s like me saying, check for level 1 seller with returning customers because these are safer to order from which is also wrong.

I think you can cancel the order and try to find another good seller.
Actually there is no definition of good seller but you can try a level 2 or top seller or seller with returning customers because these are more safer. Contact with the seller first and tell him all your requirements.

Then create order.

Thanks!

We have a really big problem with our seller at the moment. And it is a top rated, recommended seller. The seller refuses to delete the watermark (s)he put on our video if we do not give him/her a 5-star revision. I mean, I first thought it was a joke. But no - it was not. Is that common? How should we react?
Thank you!

We have a really big problem with our seller at the moment. And it is a top rated, recommended seller. The seller refuses to delete the watermark (s)he put on our video if we do not give him/her a 5-star revision. I mean, I first thought it was a joke. But no - it was not. Is that common? How should we react?

Thank you!

Fiverr implemented the watermark feature for specific categories. It allows you to view the design and ask for modifications if needed before accepting it. If the design is good you can accept it which then should be delivered without the watermark. If you don’t like the design and would like further changes you need to communicate with your seller.

As for the 5 star rating, that’s a totally different thing. It’s against Fiverr’s TOS to ask for a 5 star rating. This is very unprofessional and shouldn’t happen.

You don’t have to leave feedback it’s optional. You can also report it to customer support if you wish. But in regards of the watermark issue, there is nothing you can do. Your option is to accept the work or decline it and ask for modifications. Hope that helps.

Not the first time I see you saying those things and this is totally wrong, just because you are level 2, top sellers do the same thing but at least they have been chosen to become top sellers, NOT all level 2 sellers are recommended

It’s like me saying, check for level 1 seller with returning customers because these are safer to order from which is also wrong.

Do yo have a “Level 1” complex or something? Why getting butthurt when I post something, or following me around the Forum? Do you have really that much time? Or the feeling I am trying to get my clients here and stealing yours? Oh… Instead of criticizing what someone else posts, try HELPING the one who’s posting their problems. You will have more peace in your head… and no need to go to the therapist…

I as a buyer had a horrific experience also, but i did everything (djgodknows and methot1 said) and post request and search through profiles and read reviews, and the seller held me off and procastinate and promised me she could do a job and never completed it and then promised me back my money and then refused stating unlimited revisions…lol after 3 1/2 weeks i think unlimited is uncalled for. i myself am trying to build a network of talented people, and value honesty and orignality…i have had sellers say hey im backed up can i request an extention and i say yes, now they are my go to person. Wish you better luck with your buyers.

Thank you!

I’m sorry to hear. But may be seller had bad experience with his previous buyers. I can tell you my self as a seller, here on Fiverr 5 starts rating could be more valuable than money. But I won’t justify seller behavior, as I guess it is against the Fiverr regulations. May be try to contact Fiverr support on this matter.

Do yo have a “Level 1” complex or something? Why getting butthurt when I post something, or following me around the Forum? Do you have really that much time? Or the feeling I am trying to get my clients here and stealing yours? Oh… Instead of criticizing what someone else posts, try HELPING the one who’s posting their problems. You will have more peace in your head… and no need to go to the therapist…

Not at all, 🙂 But you are actually misleading people by saying theyr shouydl do that or that, you didn’t not even ask the OP if they actually dealt with a Level 2. I had a buyer who went for level 2 and came back to me, twice to do the job properly, again behing Level doesn’t mean a thing in some categories and based on what you are waiting for $5. if I want a crap $5 logo then I ll be happy with a crap $5 logo and 5 star rating will given, yet I can get 900 premade logos in 3 dif format and sell them with different colors on here for $5 and get to level 2 in no time, doesn’t mean I am a great designer

... and I can be Batman sitting here and working for Fiverr in my free time, Mr. I'm-so-successfull-I-waste-my-time-trolling.

There are so many other things to do in your free time, like playing with your children or helping non-profit organizations... instead trying to give your BIG experience with 11 sales to other people.... well... Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur ...

😂, you judge me on my experience on Fiverr, that says a lot about you.

You know nothing about me and how long I have been on internet, you know nothing about my experience and in which domains I am actually working on most, yet you are unable to take off your eyes from your belly button.

but keep doing what you do best, judging people by a number and telling people things that are not guaranteed since it doesn’t apply to all categories.

@driedwriter and @wuerz123
Let’s keep it civil please.
Regarding seller levels I can honestly say that as a buyer I have had both great experiences and negative ones with all types of users.
Check out TRS fastcopywriter’s post about hiring a new seller too:
favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Why I gave someone with no reviews a chance

I needed a gig video (whiteboard animation), and couldn't afford the $20-$50+ other sellers were charging. Some had expensive prices for scripts has over 100 words, others charge a lot extra to incorporate the voice over I had already recorded on...

Reading time: 4 mins ? Likes: 219 ❤

Somewhere along the line this thread turn into discussions about quality of work from Levels. I have had some great experiences with level 1 sellers (I’m both a buyer and seller). In some cases, a level 1 is eager to please and since they are reaching for level 2, they may go all out to ensure they get good feedback.

Now that is my experience and I’m not saying everyone has has had the same experience.

I’m a level 2 seller and I’ll browse the newbies in my area of expertise and see some pretty good work. Competition is good…it keeps me on my toes.

Good luck to all no matter what level you are…do your best.

p.s. I think the best barometer for quality work no matter their level is communication. I contact the seller before buying to make sure we are on the same page. It usually pays off and in some cases, helps me decide who is best for the job.

Archived