Is every single blog writer just a spinner?

georgebelletty

I accept I may have to order a few gig’s until I find a writer that I like, to supply me with my articles.

But… After a couple months, every single article/blog post gig I have ordered has just been respun from an existing article online, and while it passes copyscape. Any human eye can see it’s blatantly obvious its the same article when they both pop up in SERP.

I dont mind a rewrite of another article… but dont just swap out the odd word here and there. #annoying

May I remind everyone replying to this thread that “Self Promotion” is NOT allowed unless it is in the category “My Fiverr Gigs”.

Please edit your responses and read the forum rules and guidelines.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's

Forum Rules - Updated 2017 All users should read and understand the forum rules before posting. If you do not understand the rules, contact Customer Support. Users who post on the forum have implied agreement with the rules. It is assumed all users...

Reading time: 3 mins ? Likes: 596 ❤

May I remind everyone replying to this thread that “Self Promotion” is NOT allowed unless it is in the category “My Fiverr Gigs”.

Forum Rules - Updated 2017 All users should read and understand the forum rules before posting. If you do not understand the rules, contact Customer Support. Users who post on the forum have implied agreement with the rules. It is assumed all users...

Jeez, true, I didn’t realize that. Embarrassed.

Yes, we are all devious and manipulative spinners who are so desperate for work we will panhandle on a post where someone’s already slandering the craft.

Déclassé

I note that you have very low expectations, OP. Try raising your standards, and maybe the standards of those you hire will improve too.

thanks!! I am new to Fiverr, this is my first week. so I’ve many things to learn.

Actually, regarding his post and my first thought, I’ve done the reply! now it feels embarrassing

I know exactly what you mean! I’ve had people ordering guest posts from me and sending me the most appalling guest posts which I then have to spend hours editing or I have to cancel the order. I have now just started cancelling orders as it is much less time consuming for me.

I just cannot publish low quality content on my website.

I’ve come to realize that the majority of guest post gigs here are not high quality articles written for people. They are written for search engines. And the posts are published either on websites that appear to be set up just to sell guest posts or on websites that anyone can register on and publish posts on.

Sorry, but this is hugely insulting. I’m guessing that you are sampling $5 writers? If so, think about upping your game. For a $10 article (of which I come away with $6 after tax and commission to Fiverr) my buyers get at least an hour of work writing non-spun articles which always pass Copyscape. In fact, I only use plagiarism checkers on my own work if I have recently delivered similarly themed articles to another client and have a suspicion that I might have (subconsciously) used similar phrases and wording in some areas.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to what you are prepared to pay for. On my other main freelancing platform my minimum price is 15 euros per article and I’m actually considered a budget seller there. On Fiverr on the other hand, I lose clients left right and center simply due to refusing to work for buttons.

As for asking for samples, this is a bad idea. Why? Well, first off, when I sell a piece of work the copyright transfers immediately to my client. Also, there is a very simple scam where people looking to sell on Fiverr (or resell Fiverr services) will ask for examples of work which they then use as part of their own portfolio. Even more easily, I could send you a copy and pasted article from BuzzFeed and simply tell you that I wrote it.

Read reviews, don’t hire non-native English speakers, and don’t expect to find John Pilger on Fiverr ready to give you the blog article of the century for five bleeding dollars.

Sorry, but this is hugely insulting. I’m guessing that you are sampling $5 writers? If so, think about upping your game. For a $10 article (of which I come away with $6 after tax and commission to Fiverr) my buyers get at least an hour of work writing non-spun articles which always pass Copyscape. In fact, I only use plagiarism checkers on my own work if I have recently delivered similarly themed articles to another client and have a suspicion that I might have (subconsciously) used similar phrases and wording in some areas.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to what you are prepared to pay for. On my other main freelancing platform my minimum price is 15 euros per article and I’m actually considered a budget seller there. On Fiverr on the other hand, I lose clients left right and center simply due to refusing to work for buttons.

As for asking for samples, this is a bad idea. Why? Well, first off, when I sell a piece of work the copyright transfers immediately to my client. Also, there is a very simple scam where people looking to sell on Fiverr (or resell Fiverr services) will ask for examples of work which they then use as part of their own portfolio. Even more easily, I could send you a copy and pasted article from BuzzFeed and simply tell you that I wrote it.

Read reviews, don’t hire non-native English speakers, and don’t expect to find John Pilger on Fiverr ready to give you the blog article of the century for five bleeding dollars.

Yes, there is always the risk of a getting a fake sample. However, I recently I started looking to outsource some of my work and I found that there are tons of writing gigs by people for whom English is not even their first language, and yet they have a bunch of five star reviews. Obviously, a lot of buyers’ standards are much lower than mine, so their reviews are not a good guideline for me at all. You can usually tell from their gig description whether or not they know how to use proper grammar, at least. I have heard that some people copy gig descriptions from other sellers, so that’s not 100% reliable either. People also pretend to be native English speakers when they are not. At least if you see something you don’t like, you know not to buy from that seller.

No, not every single blog writer is a spinner. I’m a writer that writes on different platforms and everything written is either from personal experience or from research. Portfolio samples should suffice in seeing if a writer is a good fit but if you want an added safety net request a PAID sample.

If you like what you got with the PAID sample then proceed to purchase the gig you’re eyeing at the stated price as well as any stated extras that are listed that you need. Hopefully you’re asking for an article that reads naturally and not one stuffed to the brim with keywords. Your experience is a rather unpleasant one and hope it doesn’t sullen your view of others on this site.

And she’s already proven that she can only write haikus. 🙂

More than a haiku

It can also be faiku

Have a nice daiku

==

I am watching Castaway. Is there any dialog after the first half hour, or is it just going to be Tom making sounds and unrealistic washed up bodies? That pilot’s body should be way more bloated than it is, and also, I’m pretty sure after 72 hours floating in old briney, the foot would come off with the shoe.

More than a haiku

It can also be faiku

Have a nice daiku

==

I am watching Castaway. Is there any dialog after the first half hour, or is it just going to be Tom making sounds and unrealistic washed up bodies? That pilot’s body should be way more bloated than it is, and also, I’m pretty sure after 72 hours floating in old briney, the foot would come off with the shoe.

One of the most boring Tom Hanks movies, he has made a lot of those. One of my favorite actors though. You should watch Sully instead - really good film.

I liked the bit at the beginning when Tom was in Russia screeching about productivity and had that kid bike over the parcel. Then gave him a CD walkman and chocolate.

That was a lovely :rolling_eyes: moment. Now Thanks is screaming at a boat on the horizon while waving a puny flashlight about. With 90 minutes left to go, I look forward to the beard and making friends with a FedEx parcel (talk about a giant commercial…)

EDIT: the bit where–at what’s clearly quite a way past morning–he paddles out on his half-deflated life raft to meet the boat is ludicrous. He could stay in unripe coconut paradise instead! Oh good, I’m glad the film punctured that idea.

This is a really annoying movie, I love it. Tom is on day, what, 3-4? He apparently hasn’t died of dehydration, yet during yet another fake thunderstorm he fails to collect any rainwater, and upon escaping to a cave that didn’t get flooded at high tide (my bet) and finds a well. Instead of drinking that sweetwater up, her goes to bed he wakes up and looks parched.

Next scene: leaves waterfall cave with obvious puddle to get more water out of dry husks. Gets enraged at useless VHS tapes and modern world stuff. Oh, God, Hollywood, you are spoiling me with the irony!

Also, he’s not parched. So he obviously drank something. This film is lame

Also, awkward FedEx product placement. Why did he think crab legs have nothing but gloop and/or muscle in them? Why isn’t he using that accidental axhead he made the first night? What the hell is he playing at with all that now-dry cardboard and not using it to make fire?

Seriously, he should be dead. Useless. Or at least have blood poisoning.

Caveman Thanks is a massive improvement, as is Wilson’s new haircut and dictatorial stance on all things Island.

In reality, though, I think we all now that Thanks would be dead by now. Example of why: He’s hanging off the top of a cliff so he can put his own wood Jesus up there. On a scale of "stuck on a desert island survivorship skills 1-10 that’s a 1.

I’d be talking to/arguing with a soon-to-be deflated football head with grass hair after 4 year though, so that gets a pass.

I spoke too soon, Wilson is gone. 😦 and found! and once again, Thanks is blood poisoning himself just to make his newly-deflated friend whole again. Perhaps don’t put your only friend next to the exit with highwinds?

Now it’s the shit kon tiki bit. That raft will be ripped apart with the first big wave.

All wrapped up now. Before I got to bed, I want to say one thing: what a load of tripe. Just like OP’s complaint, really. Hey OP, if you want me to respin this movie review for your blog, my finger can click. It’ll be extra for further opinion.

Archived