Jitters, jitters and excitement

beeindra

Thanks. I had a hitch with my internet connection but all is well now. All the best too.

Dear Bee:

How do you prefer to be addressed? Your customers want to know what to call you.

Here is a checklist to help you improve your gigs.

Here’s a link to your profile.

• Your log line:

You’re new to Fiverr, so you don’t have one. You should get one. Make it cool. While you’re at it, you should get familiar with Fiver Academy, Fiverrcast, and the expression, “Five by Five,” made famous by Faith on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

*Your profile image:

It’s good that you’re smiling, but this photo is blurry, plus I’m sorry to inform you that I hold the Fiverr monopoly on bland monotone backgrounds, so I suggest you find another photo at a higher resolution with a background that pops.

• Your profile text:

Hello, I am proficient at writing (articles and content writing), working with Excel (with all its functions) and engineering drawings and analysis (civil 3D, STAADPRO, LINPRO, waterCAD). I deliver work free from copy pasting, plagiarism and spinning. I look forward to working with you.

Note the “E” in “Excel.” All I saw is that you offer your work free. You might want to re-word that.

• Gig Title:

I will be the best you ever worked with

This has no key words. Don’t be afraid to change gig titles, add more gigs, and constantly tinker with your offerings.

• Gig Description:

Any time you present yourself as a writer, your writing must be free of typos, capitalization errors, and so on.

Here you have “excel” where you should have “Excel.” You must understand that you are dealing with an international audience, so I suggest you make clear to your Buyers whether your focus is on American English or international English. If you use the Oxford Comma, can you adjust if your Buyer hates the Oxford Comma?

That being said, I’m not going to proofread this text, but I suggest you do so, looking for words like “prof.”

This is your first gig. It seems like it should be 5 separate and distinct gigs in at least 3 different categories. As a new Seller, you can have 7 gigs, so feel free to go for it.

A suggested format for your gig descriptions:

WHO I AM

WHAT YOU GET

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY FROM ME

RECOMMENDED GIG EXTRAS / COMPLEMENTARY GIGS

• Video: 30 to 60 seconds. Fiverr says videos can boost your sales. You should include lots of examples.

Gig Images: You should have 3. All of these are for structure design, so I suggest you re-tool this gig for that focus, and spin Writing, Editing, and Proofreading into their own gigs, and Excel into its own gig. Suddenly, you’ll have 5 gigs, 5 times the exposure, and so on.

Gig Extras:

You’ve gone the gig packaging route, but these should be 5 separate gigs.

Gig Packages:

See above.

Good luck,

Blaise

Archived