Lots of clicks but no orders?

alvia17

I have a video game article gig, which has been getting a crazy number of impressions, views and clicks, but only two orders. And those two coming from the same buyer. I figured something must be putting buyers off so I HEAVILY edited the gig. I created packages, created a custom photo, logo, and updated the description. I did this to hope to get more buyers, since so many people were seeing my gig. I think it’s pretty good, but a second opinion can never hurt. If you don’t mind, can you check out my gig and tell me how it is and what I can improve? Thanks!

https://www.fiverr.com/alvia17/write-an-in-depth-article-on-any-video-game

You can start by adding samples to your gig. Most buyers would like to see your writing style and some kind of proof that you can write without grammar mistakes.

Also, you might want to mention your qualifications for this gig. Pull up some of the top sellers and check their profile information. Don’t copy/paste their info, but try to sell yourself as a writer.

Finally, don’t forget to check Fiverr Community and Academy for further information.

Dear Alvi:

First I suggest you log out of the forum and back in, so that your photo is re-done at a higher resolution. (You’ve apparently re-done your profile image as a logo, so that may show up in the Forum when you log out and back in.)

[EDIT: I see that you took my advice about logging out of the Forum and logging back in! Great job!]

Next, I suggest you add your Fiverr link to your profile to make it easier for forum participants to see your Fiverr profile page.

Your log-line is “My name is Alvi, and I would love to do business with you!”

You say pretty much the same thing in the first line of your gig description.

I suggest you re-cast your log line, focusing on key words.

Instead of saying, “My name is Alvi,” I suggest you save space in your profile description by placing, “-Alvi” at the end.

Only 1 of your gigs has a video. I suggest you add video to all your gigs.

Your gig title seems fine to me, but that’s not my area of expertise.

The gig you asked us to look at has only 1 image, and it seems to be fairly generic. I suggest you create images that are specific and personal to you.

Your profile text: You start by telling us your name is Alvi and end by signing off as Alvi. I suggest you view each of your 1200 characters here as precious, and do everything you can not to repeat yourself.

You also repeat yourself talking about the wide variety of topics you can write about. I suggest saying this only once and using the characters you save to give specific examples.

I also suggest you add writing samples to your two available @ 3-page pdf slots, so people can see how well you write. One about gaming, and one about your second-favorite topic…

I believe “300-word article” is preferable to “300 word article” (ditto for 500- and 1000-).

Try creating custom images to thank your Buyers and including them with your Deliveries. If your Buyers start adding these to your Live Portfolio, take care that each image is unique and works for you, by giving new Buyers pretty pictures to look at. If this technique works, and I don’t know that it will, it will give you an edge over other Sellers in your category.

(You know, I’ve been suggesting this technique for months, and still, no one has told me whether it works in non-image categories.)

I understand that your Standard and Premium Packages add images and citations.

I suggest A/B Testing this gig without offering any images…

In addition, I want to point out that Buyers looking at your packages may not notice or care about the images or citations, but they will probably notice that the word count for $10, which is twice $5, is not twice as much. This may be a sticking point, images and citations or not.

(I don’t know that for sure; I suggest you try A/B Testing different price points, offering more words for less per word at higher price points.)

Finally, I suggest you take advantage of the availability of Frequently Asked Questions, if that’s available for your category.

Good luck,
Blaise

[details=Click Here for TOP SECRET Tips and Tricks]
Be sure to make use of Tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, and Fiverrcast.

Dear Fiverr Seller: I didn't take a look at your gig, but here is a checklist that may help: Polish your English: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and so on. Are you trying to reach US English speakers or international English speakers? Make sure your phrasing is consistent with your target audience. Remember that buyers are on Fiverr so that you will solve THEIR problems. You are here to provide SOLUTIONS. There is no place for negativity in your copy. Don't say, I live in a third world …

I may be a Level 2 seller who has been here for about two years now, but there was a lot of trial and error along the way (and I mean A LOT). Despite the fact that I have a 99% overall rating with over 1,000 completed orders, I'm nowhere near "perfect" and I continue to learn new things daily. (I'm really not trying to toot my own horn... I swear!) Below, I have included a list of tried and true do's and don'ts. I learned from my fiverr blunders, so I'd like to share my acquired wisdom. My …

Hey guys! Let's cut straight to the chase. You're a new seller (or maybe even an older seller experiencing a sales slum). Here are my 3 top tips to generating sales: 1. Interlink your services and create related gigsI've seen many new sellers fall into two traps when first creating their gigs. One of these traps is to create multiple gigs which are essentially the same thing (such as "create modern logo design", "create a unique logo", "design your logo") in the hopes of getting more t…

Hi @charles20bc, Here’s a list I’ve put together that helps you stand out, look Professional, and how to setup a proper, well designed gig. Make sure you complete your profile setup 100%. Also, link all of your accounts (Facebook, Stack Overflow, Email, etc) so that potential buyers know you’re not a fly by night seller. Use proper English in your Fiverr profile. Make sure to notate where you’re from, and make sure your sentence structure is proper. Many potential buyers will not want to…

Buyer Requests (BR) is FOR BUYERS to request custom offers from Sellers. (see Key Terms etc. in following link on what is a buyer, a seller, an order, an offer, a gig etc. and memorize them - it´s easier to get correct replies on the forum when you post about issues, if you use the correct terms so everyone knows what you´re talking about: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service) It is NOT for Sellers to post their Gigs and services and offers, actually that can get you into trouble. Kindly do…

http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/205167778-What-URLs-can-I-use-in-my-profile-or-Gig-description-
Have you been struggling to get orders? Then you've probably looked at the Buyer Request section a few times now, and maybe you've sent a few offers. As a buyer whose posted requests before, here are some tips for how to actually appeal to the seller: Edit before you send. Make sure that your grammar and spelling is correct and that your sentences flow and make sense. The buyer won't sit there for ten minutes trying to figure out what you had tried to say and they are very unlikely to message…

It is common knowledge that technical professionals seldom lack the ability to communicate proficiently unlike other professionals such as businessmen, lawyers etc. On the other hand our brain works super efficiently (a biased opinion of course!), but our tongue offers basic functionality. So this thread is about SALESMANSHIP from the point of a non-sales person such as myself. There are a lot of different categories here on Fiverr, but majority of questions regarding sales on this forum …

Archived