Money or Relationships?

pastordre

HI there Fiverr Family,

I just thought I would stop by and share this post with you on this beautiful Friday.

money-or-relationships.jpg.6cf929790c5ff7032c1a01afca5b2f25.jpg

Money is not able to buy one of the most important things that you and I need to promote our business (gigs).
Yes, you can do paid advertisement and that is great, but one of the most important things you and I need to promote our business(gigs) is relationships. It is important to find people who believe in your product or service and there are 2 ways to track these type of people down.

Option #1 You can do all the work yourself and spend a fortune on marketing and advertising your business(gigs). This is great if you have the financial strength to do this, but if you don’t it is like trying to push your business up a hill all by yourself. You are trying to bring customers your way, paying for ads and pushing with all your might. For those that are still establishing their financial strength this can be hard and expensive.

Option #2 You can get people to help you push your business (gigs) up the hill. You may be thinking how can I get people to help me push my business (gigs) up the hill? Once you get a customer for your gig offer them three things:
The key thing is knowing that good relationships don’t just happen. Here are a few tips that will help you establish good relationships with your clients:

Value – Treat every customer as if they are the only one you have. Make it clear to the customer how they will benefit from your gig. The first place this can take place is in your gig description. You can explain how I will benefit from you gig.
Reward loyal clients and they will reward you. According to global management consulting firm Bain and Co., a 5 percent increase in retention yields profit increases of 25 to 100 percent. And on average, repeat customers spend 67 percent more than new customers.

fiverr-djdrops-customer-service.jpg.2d16bc5098971d38b91333e1d7f60ea9.jpg

Customer Service – Don’t only produce a product but establish a relationship. Understand that your most valuable clients are repeat clients. Is our customer service at a place that it encourages them to work with you again? The challenge is to give them something of value in exchange for their time, attention and business and I like to value them as a person.
When sending messages before or after the order refer to them by their name or profile name. This makes it personal. You can even send a follow up message asking how they feel with the outcome of your gig and if there is anything you can assist them with?

I will share a quick testimony on this: I had a person who ordered some DJ Drops and the order was automatically marked complete, but I didn’t hear anything from the client and they didn’t leave any feedback. So I kindly sent a follow up message asking how they like the DJDrops and here is the actual conversation.
March 2nd 2017

Me: Hi there “clients name” - just stopping by to see how drops worked out for you. - Pastor Dre
Client: I haven’t received any yet
Me: I sent them 3 days ago.
Me: There are in your completed orders section.
Client: I didn’t receive them I usually get them all the time from other services but I didn’t get it from you can you resend it (before I could even respond they sent the following message)
Client: My apologies they were in my trash I don’t know how you got there but they are really great thank you very much for your hard work great 🙂

Me: Ok good stuff - It is a privilege to serve you.
Imagine if I would not have followed up.

Quality – When you deliver your service always try and go beyond what was expected. I like to say under promise and over deliver. This is a sure way to have someone who will be excited about your gig and promote it by word of mouth.

Once you find this group of people the challenge is to stay connected with them and give them value and they will promote your business (gigs) for you by word of mouth.

Yes, word of mouth and advertising can work hand in hand, but if you are barely starting out and don’t have the financial resources to invest in advertising then option #2 is a great start.

I hope this post(blog) lol helps someone take their gigs to another level.

• Pastor Dre

I’ve moved your post to ‘tips for sellers’.

I like the post but I think contacting the buyer after delivery is risky. Some one-off buyers may report you for spam and Fiverr would agree with them. I don’t necessarily agree with this, as it limits our ability to provide excellent customer service, but it is what it is. It would be great to get some advice on providing customer service that doesn’t put the seller at risk and I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts on that as customer service is important to you.

HI there Fiverr Family,

I just thought I would stop by and share this post with you on this beautiful Friday.

6b97c1c1cab9619c8e5a5007f7a312fa77e3fa00.jpg

Money is not able to buy one of the most important things that you and I need to promote our business (gigs).

Yes, you can do paid advertisement and that is great, but one of the most important things you and I need to promote our business(gigs) is relationships. It is important to find people who believe in your product or service and there are 2 ways to track these type of people down.

Option #1 You can do all the work yourself and spend a fortune on marketing and advertising your business(gigs). This is great if you have the financial strength to do this, but if you don’t it is like trying to push your business up a hill all by yourself. You are trying to bring customers your way, paying for ads and pushing with all your might. For those that are still establishing their financial strength this can be hard and expensive.

Option #2 You can get people to help you push your business (gigs) up the hill. You may be thinking how can I get people to help me push my business (gigs) up the hill? Once you get a customer for your gig offer them three things:

The key thing is knowing that good relationships don’t just happen. Here are a few tips that will help you establish good relationships with your clients:

Value – Treat every customer as if they are the only one you have. Make it clear to the customer how they will benefit from your gig. The first place this can take place is in your gig description. You can explain how I will benefit from you gig.

Reward loyal clients and they will reward you. According to global management consulting firm Bain and Co., a 5 percent increase in retention yields profit increases of 25 to 100 percent. And on average, repeat customers spend 67 percent more than new customers.

8e288f4c36b98ce6942dba078f92374abb06e831.jpg

Customer Service – Don’t only produce a product but establish a relationship. Understand that your most valuable clients are repeat clients. Is our customer service at a place that it encourages them to work with you again? The challenge is to give them something of value in exchange for their time, attention and business and I like to value them as a person.

When sending messages before or after the order refer to them by their name or profile name. This makes it personal. You can even send a follow up message asking how they feel with the outcome of your gig and if there is anything you can assist them with?

I will share a quick testimony on this: I had a person who ordered some DJ Drops and the order was automatically marked complete, but I didn’t hear anything from the client and they didn’t leave any feedback. So I kindly sent a follow up message asking how they like the DJDrops and here is the actual conversation.

March 2nd 2017

Me: Hi there “clients name” - just stopping by to see how drops worked out for you. - Pastor Dre

Client: I haven’t received any yet

Me: I sent them 3 days ago.

Me: There are in your completed orders section.

Client: I didn’t receive them I usually get them all the time from other services but I didn’t get it from you can you resend it (before I could even respond they sent the following message)

Client: My apologies they were in my trash I don’t know how you got there but they are really great thank you very much for your hard work great 🙂

Me: Ok good stuff - It is a privilege to serve you.

Imagine if I would not have followed up.

Quality – When you deliver your service always try and go beyond what was expected. I like to say under promise and over deliver. This is a sure way to have someone who will be excited about your gig and promote it by word of mouth.

Once you find this group of people the challenge is to stay connected with them and give them value and they will promote your business (gigs) for you by word of mouth.

Yes, word of mouth and advertising can work hand in hand, but if you are barely starting out and don’t have the financial resources to invest in advertising then option #2 is a great start.

I hope this post(blog) lol helps someone take their gigs to another level.

• Pastor Dre

Value – Reward loyal clients and they will reward you

😀 Things I love about my sellers (The best rewards I receive):

1. Delivering ahead of deadline
  2. Acknowledge receiving gratuity
  3. Detailed explanation, I like sellers that are wordy upon final delivery
  4. Great product ❤️

Great post! To me this was excellent advice:

Treat every customer as if they are the only one you have.

I often have more than one order in queue, but I don’t want my customers to think that they are only a number in line! So if I have an order that I haven’t finished yet because I am working on another one, I will often drop a line to the customer and let them know that everything is fine with their order and not to worry. If I can, I will give them an ETA on when I will have something to show them.

• 2 weeks later...

A relationship is fine AFTER the sales process has been completed. The buyer gave you 5 stars and is happy with your work.

A relationship before that isn’t fine. Think about Carnival cruise lines, they offer you greater rewards when you go on your 2nd trip. Consider Progressive Insurance, the longer you stay with them, the more rewards you get. At this point, I have accident forgiveness and other benefits I didn’t have before.

Loyalty should be rewarded, but a new buyer is just that, a new buyer. Your duty to them is limited to delivering on time (or ahead of time), on budget, and being polite.

Furthermore, if I may speak for everyone, we don’t have time to treat every customer like it’s the only one we have. Think of Starbucks, they have a line, that line needs to keep moving, their baristas are encouraged to be friendly, but they don’t have time to get to know you unless you become a regular.

Regulars get special treatment, specially if they tip and are nice to the staff.

A relationship is fine AFTER the sales process has been completed. The buyer gave you 5 stars and is happy with your work.

A relationship before that isn’t fine. Think about Carnival cruise lines, they offer you greater rewards when you go on your 2nd trip. Consider Progressive Insurance, the longer you stay with them, the more rewards you get. At this point, I have accident forgiveness and other benefits I didn’t have before.

Loyalty should be rewarded, but a new buyer is just that, a new buyer. Your duty to them is limited to delivering on time (or ahead of time), on budget, and being polite.

Furthermore, if I may speak for everyone, we don’t have time to treat every customer like it’s the only one we have. Think of Starbucks, they have a line, that line needs to keep moving, their baristas are encouraged to be friendly, but they don’t have time to get to know you unless you become a regular.

Regulars get special treatment, specially if they tip and are nice to the staff.

Well said, fellow coffee eater.

Fiverr’s definition of ‘building a relationship’ presupposes that the onus of a successful project/ positive experience rests solely on the behavior of the seller.

With a bit of common sense, buyers can easily make their Fiverr experience very productive and pleasant, as many buyers regularly do. This does not require any revolutionary approach; Something as simple as supplying the gig requirement data in time could do wonders.

Archived