My Fiverr balance is -$1,188

psychicbunny

A user purchased 96 sales from me in the past month. I helped this person continually through everything they have been through - night and day I was helping them with their many issues.
Yyesterday all of a sudden, my email was blown up with disputes that the buyer filed. He had purchased close to $5,000 worth of readings and is now trying to get pretty much all of his money back.
I emailed Fiverr support and they basically told me they can do nothing about it. Does anyone have any experience with this? HOW can I work with negative 1,000 dollars in my balance?!?!? I am so stressed out right now! Why are there people like this in the world?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow… what an absolute nightmare… If there’s nothing CS can do then I guess it’s just bad luck 😦

I am trying to be as calm as possible, this is an absolute nightmare on every level. I hope karma absolutely gets the guy who did this to me! I also hope Fiverr reads this so they can come up with a solution for me as soon as possible! I am so heartbroken right now.

Update: I opened up a case through Fiverr Support - I am praying they help me find a solution to my problem. All that time wasted for nothing.

Strange that the buyer had just the possibility to create a dispute for complete orders and to get his money back with just one button clicked.

I once got a similar problem : the buyer purchased $1500 worth of gigs several years ago, and one day, I received some emails too. The money was gone. Fiverr told me that it was because the buyer had used a stolen credit card and the bank of the original owner got his money back. That was a terrible nightmare for me too, because I even paid taxes on this money for my company. So I lost the money + the taxes.

There is not really a solution for this, unfortunately. When I contacted Fiverr, they just told me that it was not their fault and they couldn’t do anything.

I really hope that the situation will be different for you. It’s so frustrating and difficult for the moral when these situations happens… These buyers are just nightmares for us, serious sellers here.

Strange that the buyer had just the possibility to create a dispute for complete orders and to get his money back with just one button clicked.

I once got a similar problem : the buyer purchased $1500 worth of gigs several years ago, and one day, I received some emails too. The money was gone. Fiverr told me that it was because the buyer had used a stolen credit card and the bank of the original owner got his money back. That was a terrible nightmare for me too, because I even paid taxes on this money for my company. So I lost the money + the taxes.

There is not really a solution for this, unfortunately. When I contacted Fiverr, they just told me that it was not their fault and they couldn’t do anything.

I really hope that the situation will be different for you. It’s so frustrating and difficult for the moral when these situations happens… These buyers are just nightmares for us, serious sellers here.

What did you do with your -$1500 balance?

What a horrible person! 😠 I too have seen a negative balance after a fraudulent buyer, but if your gig is good, it will go back to + sooner than you know. Should also check your upcoming earnings and active orders so you can guess better.

Sadly there is nothing you can do about it. And after the updates Fiverr values a buyer more than a seller, so it’s even more unlikely to get help.

Though you should ask support if they could temporarily give more visibility for your gig so you are encouraged to keep trying despite your horrible experience. I know for a fact that they have done this in cases like this, at least before the update.

no the CS cannot do anything if a buyer wants the money back… i have been there…

Happened to me a couple of time via paypal payback dispute. But as she said that person ordered like 96 times. So that counts for something. There must be a system. It’s open bullying.

Happened to me a couple of time via paypal payback dispute. But as she said that person ordered like 96 times. So that counts for something. There must be a system. It’s open bullying.

but i want to know, even after 14 days the buyer can claim the money? as she said within a month so i think it is before 14 days.

but i want to know, even after 14 days the buyer can claim the money? as she said within a month so i think it is before 14 days.

Not always. If it’s a Paypal claim, it can be anytime, even one year after the purchase has been made. Unfortunately, Paypal always give the priority to buyers when it comes to online / virtual purchases 😦 . I’ve been there too, a terrible nightmare when time has been spent on some tasks…

Not always. If it’s a Paypal claim, it can be anytime, even one year after the purchase has been made. Unfortunately, Paypal always give the priority to buyers when it comes to online / virtual purchases 😦 . I’ve been there too, a terrible nightmare when time has been spent on some tasks…

but what about fiverr and payoneer ? i donot understand the rules now.

I am trying to be as calm as possible, this is an absolute nightmare on every level. I hope karma absolutely gets the guy who did this to me! I also hope Fiverr reads this so they can come up with a solution for me as soon as possible! I am so heartbroken right now.

Update: I opened up a case through Fiverr Support - I am praying they help me find a solution to my problem. All that time wasted for nothing.

I hope karma absolutely gets the guy

I hope so too Jenny!

🙏

Customer support said they couldn’t anything? Are they serious???
that is SO messed up. i had a chargeback for about 22.00 once, and cs was able to credit me back, but I’m assuming it was a goodwill credit since the amount was small and I don’t know how this twisted paypal relationship they have works. If you need support from the masses, my voice is here for ya-- this could happen to anyone, and when large quantities of money are being transacted by a single buyer, fiverr MUST have better safeguards in place. this is ridiculous, I’m mad that they can’t do anything. that is unacceptable.

I don’t even know what to do at this point, I have 44 orders pending. I’m basically working with no pay at this point. Should I cancel them all?

That’s really a bad situation. I also hope that karma will gets him for his actions.

About the orders you have in queue, I would wait for a support reply - to have a better view on the situation.

I am very sorry to hear and can only imagine what you are going through.

I have heard from a few sellers which were able to get their money back from Fiverr but this is a huge amount. Try to stay calm and don’t worry about your other orders. A lot of great clients are waiting for your service.

Wishing you the best of luck and I really hope you have a positive outcome. Keep us posted :hugging:

Archived