New Fish in the sea called Fiverr

creative_fun

I am a new user. It’s been 11 days in fiverr as a seller, but few months as a buyer.

I am still looking out for my first customers.

Please can someone advice what it takes to make first sale.

Am I too optimistic in expecting a sale within 15 days of creating a gig.

I had 3 gigs under my name, I deleted 2 of those because of no buyers.

I have settled down on the below gig and counting days to make a sale. Fingers crossed.
https://www.fiverr.com/creative_fun/do-in-depth-detailed-review-of-your-website-and-blog

Dear Creative Fun:

What name do you like to be called? Your customers want to know what to call you.

Be sure to make use of tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, and Fiverrcast.

http://blog.fiverr.com/fiverrcast-episode-21-from-buyer-to-seller-transcript/

If you take the time to earn your Autobiographer Badge, particularly adding a link to your Fiverr profile, other forum participants will be able to easily view your information.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist.

For example:

Your profile image: Should be a color photo of you, smiling.
Your log line: No suggestions
Your profile text - note the edits:

A few years ago I was bitten by the creativity bug. From that day, I have been trying to read new things about creativity, just for fun’s sake. I am a Post Graduate. I have worked in the Information Technology (IT) industry for 8+ years. My Hobbies are reading books and playing chess. -[Name Buyers Should Call You]

All your gigs should have video and 3 images, and so on… You definitely need to polish the language and spelling of your gig.

I suggest you check out Fiverrcast episode 08: Working Through Language Barriers.

Good luck,
Blaise

Dear Fiverr Seller: I didn't take a look at your gig, but here is a checklist that may help: Polish your English: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and so on. Are you trying to reach US English speakers or international English speakers? Make sure your phrasing is consistent with your target audience. Remember that buyers are on Fiverr so that you will solve THEIR problems. You are here to provide SOLUTIONS. There is no place for negativity in your copy. Don't say, I live in a third world …

I may be a Level 2 seller who has been here for about two years now, but there was a lot of trial and error along the way (and I mean A LOT). Despite the fact that I have a 99% overall rating with over 1,000 completed orders, I'm nowhere near "perfect" and I continue to learn new things daily. (I'm really not trying to toot my own horn... I swear!) Below, I have included a list of tried and true do's and don'ts. I learned from my fiverr blunders, so I'd like to share my acquired wisdom. My …

Hey guys! Let's cut straight to the chase. You're a new seller (or maybe even an older seller experiencing a sales slum). Here are my 3 top tips to generating sales: 1. Interlink your services and create related gigsI've seen many new sellers fall into two traps when first creating their gigs. One of these traps is to create multiple gigs which are essentially the same thing (such as "create modern logo design", "create a unique logo", "design your logo") in the hopes of getting more t…

Hi @charles20bc, Here’s a list I’ve put together that helps you stand out, look Professional, and how to setup a proper, well designed gig. Make sure you complete your profile setup 100%. Also, link all of your accounts (Facebook, Stack Overflow, Email, etc) so that potential buyers know you’re not a fly by night seller. Use proper English in your Fiverr profile. Make sure to notate where you’re from, and make sure your sentence structure is proper. Many potential buyers will not want to…

Buyer Requests (BR) is FOR BUYERS to request custom offers from Sellers. (see Key Terms etc. in following link on what is a buyer, a seller, an order, an offer, a gig etc. and memorize them - it´s easier to get correct replies on the forum when you post about issues, if you use the correct terms so everyone knows what you´re talking about: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service) It is NOT for Sellers to post their Gigs and services and offers, actually that can get you into trouble. Kindly do…

Dear Creative Fun:

What name do you like to be called? Your customers want to know what to call you.

Be sure to make use of tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, and Fiverrcast.

http://blog.fiverr.com/fiverrcast-episode-21-from-buyer-to-seller-transcript/

If you take the time to earn your Autobiographer Badge, particularly adding a link to your Fiverr profile, other forum participants will be able to easily view your information.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist.

For example:

Your profile image: Should be a color photo of you, smiling.

Your log line: No suggestions

Your profile text - note the edits:

A few years ago I was bitten by the creativity bug. From that day, I have been trying to read new things about creativity, just for fun’s sake. I am a Post Graduate. I have worked in the Information Technology (IT) industry for 8+ years. My Hobbies are reading books and playing chess. -[Name Buyers Should Call You]

All your gigs should have video and 3 images, and so on… You definitely need to polish the language and spelling of your gig.

I suggest you check out Fiverrcast episode 08: Working Through Language Barriers.

Good luck,

Blaise

Dear Fiverr Seller: I didn't take a look at your gig, but here is a checklist that may help: Polish your English: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and so on. Are you trying to reach US English speakers or international English speakers? Make sure your phrasing is consistent with your target audience. Remember that buyers are on Fiverr so that you will solve THEIR problems. You are here to provide SOLUTIONS. There is no place for negativity in your copy. Don't say, I live in a third world …
I may be a Level 2 seller who has been here for about two years now, but there was a lot of trial and error along the way (and I mean A LOT). Despite the fact that I have a 99% overall rating with over 1,000 completed orders, I'm nowhere near "perfect" and I continue to learn new things daily. (I'm really not trying to toot my own horn... I swear!) Below, I have included a list of tried and true do's and don'ts. I learned from my fiverr blunders, so I'd like to share my acquired wisdom. My …
Hey guys! Let's cut straight to the chase. You're a new seller (or maybe even an older seller experiencing a sales slum). Here are my 3 top tips to generating sales: 1. Interlink your services and create related gigsI've seen many new sellers fall into two traps when first creating their gigs. One of these traps is to create multiple gigs which are essentially the same thing (such as "create modern logo design", "create a unique logo", "design your logo") in the hopes of getting more t…

Hi @charles20bc, Here’s a list I’ve put together that helps you stand out, look Professional, and how to setup a proper, well designed gig. Make sure you complete your profile setup 100%. Also, link all of your accounts (Facebook, Stack Overflow, Email, etc) so that potential buyers know you’re not a fly by night seller. Use proper English in your Fiverr profile. Make sure to notate where you’re from, and make sure your sentence structure is proper. Many potential buyers will not want to…

Buyer Requests (BR) is FOR BUYERS to request custom offers from Sellers. (see Key Terms etc. in following link on what is a buyer, a seller, an order, an offer, a gig etc. and memorize them - it´s easier to get correct replies on the forum when you post about issues, if you use the correct terms so everyone knows what you´re talking about: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service) It is NOT for Sellers to post their Gigs and services and offers, actually that can get you into trouble. Kindly do…

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all the tips and suggestions.

I will start working on my fiverr profile and of course on the gig too.

Thank you once again.

Archived