Newbie Introduction

andy_becker

Hello World!

I’m new here. I’m not sure what type of projects are desired here but I know I’m a decent typist. I posted gig for data entry. I’m here for sheer curiosity and I’m willing to learn.

Any advice is welcomed. My profile probably needs more work I’m guessing.

Dear Andy:

I took a quick look at your profile:

Your profile image: You might try A/B testing wearing office clothes (shirt and tie), to see if that gets you more love.
Your log line: This is a slogan that appears under your user name. You don’t have one. You should get one and make it cool, with keywords.
Your profile text – note the edits:

I have experience as a proofreader and with data entry. My typing speed is 60 WPM. I’m here to help you. -Andy [or whatever name Buyers should call you]

In my opinion, it’s better to simply provide the metric for your typing speed than to claim you’re a fast typist. It’s true that 60 wpm is faster than average, but from a quick search of the Internet, I saw that 65 wpm is considered the threshold for fast. Rather than start arguments with picky Buyers, favor facts over opinions.

You should spin proofreading into a separate gig. This simple step will make it easier to deal with Buyers. Instead of asking whether they want data entry or proofreading, you should be able to tell by which gig they use to contact you. This should double your exposure on Fiverr. It will probably give you access to more Buyer Requests.

Offering one hour of work for a net of $4 is not in your interest. Again, I recommend metrics over suggestive terms. I suggest you study the top gigs in your categories and use the metrics they use. It’s fine to offer discounts, but you should use specific measurements to minimize opportunities for Buyers to take advantage of you. For example, 60 wpm x 15 minutes = “I will type 900 words for $5.” How does that compare with the other offers in your category?

You should probably invest in a copy writer to make your gig descriptions more compelling and to tighten up just what you’re offering. What you have now is too vague and works against your best interest.

You should also use packages if you can. You can study the Fiverrcast transcripts for that topic to learn more, as well as Fiverr Academy.

All your gigs should have video, 3 images (not stock photos that look like you pulled them from the web, but rather candid action shots of you typing and proofreading), 2 pdfs (for samples or to demonstrate you have whatever special skills or talents to close the deal), and so on…

Make a video of yourself talking to the camera, because this approach garners IMMEDIATE RESULTS. Include additional samples in the video!

Even though your focus is on providing services, I suggest you add a product (make a game of finding the episode of Fiverrcast that focuses on this project).

Good luck,
Blaise

[details=Click Here for TOP SECRET Tips and Tricks
Never Contact a Seller on Fiverr to Ask for FREE STUFF!]
Be sure to make use of Tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, Fiverrcast, and Support.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist. Please study this thread to better appreciate what I’m talking about here. It should take you a minimum of 4 weeks to make your way through all the material.

Here’s a thread discussing a specific example of a Buyer Request for which I created a gig and then asked for help improving that gig via the forum.

If you haven’t already read Strengths Finder 2.0 and taken that assessment, I suggest you do so, because it should give you the language to express your strengths and help you to brainstorm some gigs for which you are especially well qualified. Check out the writing of Chris Guillebeau and Tim Ferriss.

Improve My Gig Checklist
Seller Tip Trilogy
3 Top Tips and Tricks
How Do I Attract Buyers to My Gig?
Buyer Requests 1
Buyer Requests 2
Tips for Non-Native English Speakers
Sellers Instructionals from a Techies POV
Video Tutorial
SEO Idea
54 Sales in Our First Month
7 Tips for Upselling
Chargebacks
Social Media Gig Marketing
Managing Buyer Expectations
Gig Tweaks
Digital Copyright
Gig Images
Fiverrcast Questions
Fiverr’s Cut
Warning Signs of a Potentially Troublesome Buyer
What URLs Can I Use?
Fiverr Terms of Service
How to Make Millions on Fiverr
[/details]

• 2 years later...

Good afternoon all. My name is JT. I am happy to be a part of this forum and to be a part of Fiverr. I’m all new to this so I intend to learn as much as I can from you guys about this online marketplace.

welcome to fiverr.Best wishes for you…

Archived