Second evaluation day is upon us! how have you been since the last one?

vira_lanka19871

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest phantompower

Call me crazy but I think fiverr has a list of seller who they want to demote. With a 92% rating, how can a seller cancel 1 order then fall to 87% after a day completes 5 orders then the rating rises to 89% and sticks there until the evaluation day? Is this what they refer to when they say theory of gravity?

Call me crazy but I think fiverr has a list of seller who they want to demote. With a 92% rating, how can a seller cancel 1 order then fall to 87% after a day completes 5 orders then the rating rises to 89% and sticks there until the evaluation day? Is this what they refer to when they say theory of gravity?

Doubt it. There is probably a lot more nuances and details that have been left out. Why in the world would Fiverr WANT to potentially make less money in the long term?

Keeping a list VS using a one-line script to calculate cancellation rate

I think they went with option 2 😉

If a seller would accurately add up their orders then it would make sense.

If a seller would accurately add up their orders then it would make sense.

@phantompower I posted the formula on another thread so if you can do the math every day you would see how it happens.

So far I’m doing fine.
I think I got lucky since this particular buyer ended up liking my work and has been placing order every week. My completion rate went from 92 to 94, personally I wanted it to go up to 95 but I can’t complain.
I hope I can keep it up.
Knock on wood!

well it is going to be another demotion for me, had 2 bad reviews which dropped me to 4.6 today, appealed to the buyers but they even further made the reviews worse.
is there a way to know bad buyers cos i got some very mean ones these last few days, Its as if they were waiting for this period to cause problems for me. if you give a bad feedback to a buyer in response to his review on your gig, how does that affect the buyer?

well it is going to be another demotion for me, had 2 bad reviews which dropped me to 4.6 today, appealed to the buyers but they even further made the reviews worse.

is there a way to know bad buyers cos i got some very mean ones these last few days, Its as if they were waiting for this period to cause problems for me. if you give a bad feedback to a buyer in response to his review on your gig, how does that affect the buyer?

sad to hear that… i also barely saved from a second demotion few days ago by just getting back the completion rate from 84% to 90%. and it took around 22 days!

I don´t think it affects the buyer who gave you the feedback, but the thing is it affects potential buyers who look at your reviews, so it´s worth giving it a good thought, write it offline, look at it as if you were a buyer pondering to buy your service and reading the reviews.

Rewrite it, repeat, until you have something that will make a potential buyer feel comfortable to buy in spite of the bad review because of how you handled the “situation bad review”. As a buyer, if I read a bad review but a professional reply to it, I might still buy if most of the reviews are good, there´s always “that one guy”, we´re all human and mistakes can and do happen; if I read a “counter-rant”, I´d most probably not buy.

I don´t think it affects the buyer who gave you the feedback, but the thing is it affects potential buyers who look at your reviews, so it´s worth giving it a good thought, write it offline, look at it as if you were a buyer pondering to buy your service and reading the reviews.

Rewrite it, repeat, until you have something that will make a potential buyer feel comfortable to buy in spite of the bad review because of how you handled the “situation bad review”. As a buyer, if I read a bad review but a professional reply to it, I might still buy if most of the reviews are good, there´s always “that one guy”, we´re all human and mistakes can and do happen; if I read a “counter-rant”, I´d most probably not buy.

I don´t think it affects the buyer who gave you the feedback

It might if sellers Google him. A buyer contacts you, you do the research, find out that he left a bad review for no good reason, and tell the buyer that you’re too busy or something.

Hi there guys!

In my case, the “Orders Completed” has dropped in the last month, it’s at 93%, all the others are at 100%, at least I won’t be demoted, no high hopes to be promoted to TRS as usual, but if it comes, it’d be super!

Good luck to everyone!

Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone from Spain

Sergio

You have great reviews so that should help a lot. I also see you raised your starting prices to $10. When did you do that?

I also see you raised your starting prices to $10. When did you do that?

I think I change prices about every 3 weeks, sometimes longer. I decided to leave it at $10 because most of my competitors sell at $10, some higher. I’ve also done experiments where I sell for $5 and get no orders.

Also, $5 prices sometimes attract the worst buyers, I don’t know why. I’ve also tried higher prices, $20/$40/$60 and even $50+, but they don’t work. So far, $10/$20/$30 is my favorite price point for most of my gigs.

P.S. Having more reviews doesn’t seem to help nowadays. Having a 4.9 rating does. My most popular gig has a 4.9 rating, it replaced my gig with 1,400 reviews.

If there’s anything I can learn from my experience is this.

1. I wish I had treated all buyers better from day 1
  2. I wish I had refunded every order instead of fighting not to refund
  3. I wish I had deleted every gig that didn’t make me a lot of money but had a rating under 4.8

I think I have a dark future here. After 4 years and 99´9% of 5 stars rating I´m not going to reduce my rates. No way. Now I´m fighting in Level one league where everybody offers low rates to get customers. I´ve had just a couple of orders in the whole month. That´s the result of this great change.

Probably I will be demoted from "Level 1"to “Seller” soon, so things won´t improve.

I think I´m done in Fiverr. No future here.

Archived