Seen Numerous Favorite Exchange Posts in Various FB groups, Is it really ethical to do so? :-/

wasi0013

I have stumbled upon some ridiculous posts on Facebook where people exchanging favorite with one another!
They post with a profile link and ask for marking their gigs as favorite. And, after marking their gig favorite if someone posts a comment. Then they do the same to the fiverr profile of the person who commented!
What do you think about it? Is it ethical to do such thing?

Also, what is the impact of favorites on a gig? Does it boost the ranking of the gig? If it does then, I think this should be a matter of concern for Fiverr Team. As, it leads to lower ranking of the gigs of genuine users (who earn by their merits) specially new comers

Favorites are a tool for potentially interested buyers - it’s like a bookmarking system: you like a gig and are interested in buying it later, you add it to your fav. list.

And because favorites are just a buyer’s tool, they have no effect on rankings whatsoever, or on anything else for that matter (especially since it’s so easy to manipulate them)

Those people who try to manipulate the favorites system have too much time on their hands, and instead of doing something productive they just kill their time and other people’s time by doing useless, nonsense things.

It’s just absurd how people cling to whatever they can find in the hope of getting more sales, instead of actually doing something productive in that regards.

you mean like what is happening here

favicon.icoFiverr Forum

23cf4d9f63ac73ba578060058f582b2176da551e.png

Gig Favorite For Gig Favorite

Moderators take note - I’m new here and not sure if this is allowed or not. Remove this post if it is. Anybody want to do a Gig Favorite for Gig Favorite? Go favorite this gig and then drop a link to your gig and I’ll go favorite it.

:man_facepalming: I wish I hadn’t seen that :crazy_face:

At least those guys keep themselves busy with the fav system and don’t engage in bad illegal stuff 😉

Archived