Sellers asking for $ Tips $

tben2505

Hello guys,

I’m just curious if any sellers actually ask for tips as a matter of course?

For example when delivering the product, do you add a line like “It would be great if you would be so kind to leave a tip…etc” or something similar?

I infrequently get tips, but I’m wondering if by being more proactive, I could generate more income…

I assume buyers are presented with the option to tip after after purchase?

Cheers all,

Guest offlinehelpers

Hello guys,

I’m just curious if any sellers actually ask for tips as a matter of course?

For example when delivering the product, do you add a line like “It would be great if you would be so kind to leave a tip…etc” or something similar?

I infrequently get tips, but I’m wondering if by being more proactive, I could generate more income…

I assume buyers are presented with the option to tip after after purchase?

Cheers all,

by being more proactive, I could generate more income…

= begging.

Receiving a tip is to be appreciated, not expected surely?

hello @tben2505, nice Topic.
I think that not good to ask for Tips, I like more to receive 5 stars and good review. And I must say, sometimes I put something like “please give good review etc” if I m not sure how much buyer is satisfied. But that was been few times. 🙂
On the end, when You go to bar and when you pay bill, did you waiter asked you for Tip? I think, NO. 🙂 Just an example.
But, wish you all the best and let’s keep growing here together. 🙂

hello @tben2505, nice Topic.

I think that not good to ask for Tips, I like more to receive 5 stars and good review. And I must say, sometimes I put something like “please give good review etc” if I m not sure how much buyer is satisfied. But that was been few times. 🙂

On the end, when You go to bar and when you pay bill, did you waiter asked you for Tip? I think, NO. 🙂 Just an example.

But, wish you all the best and let’s keep growing here together. 🙂

Agree - I think we have established that it’s not a good idea.

I was just asking if people did it. It makes sense not to 🙂

Thanks all 🙂

Hello everyone, I read there is a person in my same industry that set up a “Gig” to buy him coffee for $5 as a way to tip him. Believe it or not people are actually buying him coffee as a way to tip him. The idea is great, but he does have a “Tons” of followers and seems very talented. I guess at his level or at a good height, you can achieve this like he has. He also has “Massive” 5/4 star ratings…

Hello everyone, I read there is a person in my same industry that set up a “Gig” to buy him coffee for $5 as a way to tip him. Believe it or not people are actually buying him coffee as a way to tip him. The idea is great, but he does have a “Tons” of followers and seems very talented. I guess at his level or at a good height, you can achieve this like he has. He also has “Massive” 5/4 star ratings…

I like those tip jars, I think it’s “fun” thing to have. If I ever find a Starbucks gratuity gig, I’ll give that seller a big 👏 for being innovative.

I like starbucks and dunkin donuts. 😀

I’ve just posted an interesting tip experience I’ve just had: Take a look at the thread here:
favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Buyer Possibly Made a Payment Mistake?

I got an order a few days ago that has actually been quite difficult - mostly because I gave him a plan, and he said he liked the plan, so I executed it, but he came back with lots of changes, which I happily revised. In each revision his first...

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 15 ❤

I personally find it a bit rude to ask for a tip. I wouldn’t want a seller to ask me as a buyer, so I don’t ask buyers. I feel the same about reviews - depending on how you word them. I usually give buyers a chance to leave a review themselves, and if they don’t and I feel like they weren’t satisfied, I won’t ask. But if I get the impression they were very impressed, I may ask them a few days later to please do a review based on their experience. And then I hold thumbs and cross fingers and toes hoping for a good one.

Someone else said something that I found helpful, something along the lines of “it’s better for your profile that I don’t leave a review, so don’t ask.”

Guest phantompower

That would almost certainly generate fewer sales

Well begging for tips will generate fewer return customer. It’s called mind over matter

Guest phantompower

Who is “begging” for tips?

In the business world, what do you call asking for more money after you have already been paid the required amount?

I personally find it a bit rude to ask for a tip. I wouldn’t want a seller to ask me as a buyer, so I don’t ask buyers. I feel the same about reviews - depending on how you word them. I usually give buyers a chance to leave a review themselves, and if they don’t and I feel like they weren’t satisfied, I won’t ask. But if I get the impression they were very impressed, I may ask them a few days later to please do a review based on their experience. And then I hold thumbs and cross fingers and toes hoping for a good one.

Someone else said something that I found helpful, something along the lines of “it’s better for your profile that I don’t leave a review, so don’t ask.”

I wouldn’t press someone to review if they have decided not to. Like you say - they either a) can’t be bothered, or more worryingly b) had a bad experience but don’t want you to know.

Either way - it’s a risk!

I think gratuity is an interesting bit of gift on 5r for sellers.

Some cultures don’t have tips where as in the US, there are tip jars next to a cashier registers in the strangest places.

There people who demand the world, get 10x as much and not leave tips. There are people who tip regardless, just because they are so used to it.

I tip in two cases:

(1) When the seller gives me exactly the gig description. If for a fact I know it’s worth more outside 5r.

• Like illustration that’s worth $100 but got it for $40, I give tip.

• Like top notch proofreading/editing worth at least $160 that I got for $40. Yeah, I leave really good tips.

(2) When a seller gives me more than expected.

• Translation services with side notes explaining what they are doing or asking pertinent questions throughout

Maybe it’s a girl thing, but I like sellers who give me the personal touch. I like it when they are somewhat “wordy” on the final delivery. Instead of “here’s your delivery” - they give a brief description of what they did. I like the, “I did this or that. The reason I did this is because . . .”

That just me. I maybe getting into a touchy subject here but I tend to notice girl sellers are “wordier” on delivery than guy sellers.

I think gratuity is an interesting bit of gift on 5r for sellers.

Some cultures don’t have tips where as in the US, there are tip jars next to a cashier registers in the strangest places.

There people who demand the world, get 10x as much and not leave tips. There are people who tip regardless, just because they are so used to it.

I tip in two cases:

(1) When the seller gives me exactly the gig description. If for a fact I know it’s worth more outside 5r.

• Like illustration that’s worth $100 but got it for $40, I give tip.

• Like top notch proofreading/editing worth at least $160 that I got for $40. Yeah, I leave really good tips.

(2) When a seller gives me more than expected.

• Translation services with side notes explaining what they are doing or asking pertinent questions throughout

Maybe it’s a girl thing, but I like sellers who give me the personal touch. I like it when they are somewhat “wordy” on the final delivery. Instead of “here’s your delivery” - they give a brief description of what they did. I like the, “I did this or that. The reason I did this is because . . .”

That just me. I maybe getting into a touchy subject here but I tend to notice girl sellers are “wordier” on delivery than guy sellers.

For me, that would depend. If I delivered strictly according to the initial agreement, I don’t see a need to make any explanations. If there were a few “deviations” or possibly some unsolicited inclusions, I might mention these and explain why. But, maybe it’s a girl thing…IDK

Archived