Sellers-Why don't you show the real YOU?

queenj123

I’m a buyer on Fiverr and I notice that sellers often use fake profile images of some model or of another person. Why don’t sellers show their real faces and list their name? You are a business and are self-employed, why hide that? Why not show the real you? I would rather know whom I am doing business with.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s a common thing here, and as much as I agree with what you say, it seems like some
people really believe that having those profile photos really help them get sales.
There was this one seller who used a photo of someone ( an actress BTW) and that seem to
help her/him get attention. I remember seeing in one of the comments “Thank you for your help, and you are so pretty!”
(that seller is gone, I’m guessing her lies have been exposed)

We will continue to see Brad Pitts and Britney Spears and Emma Watson here at Fiverr.
I’m so honored I’m working with such big name celebrities! 😏

I’m a buyer on Fiverr and I notice that sellers often use fake profile images of some model or of another person. Why don’t sellers show their real faces and list their name? You are a business and are self-employed, why hide that? Why not show the real you? I would rather know whom I am doing business with.

Why not show the real you? I would rather know whom I am doing business with.

It’s just that some think that is a win for them, that they will get more sales.

I don’t agree, and I hope there are more buyers like you who work with the real people, but it’s an open marketplace, so buyers have to select carefully, and sellers are allowed to use any graphic/photo they wish in most cases.

It’s just that some think that is a win for them, that they will get more sales.

I don’t agree, and I hope there are more buyers like you who work with the real people, but it’s an open marketplace, so buyers have to select carefully, and sellers are allowed to use any graphic/photo they wish in most cases.

I will apply this in my profile too

Because unlike other freelance website, Fiverr is based on ANONYMITY.

You do not have to provide any identifying features to start selling here.

Yet a seller is also not allowed to use photos of other people with proper copyright when commercializing their services with those faces and, who knows, give those people whose faces they’ve used a bad image with poor quality services. Imagine such a scenario: “Oh man, did you know that AngelinaJ now sells cheap stuff on that site? And she even managed to scam me!” - or maybe fans would love being scammed by their idols, haha 😃

Yet a seller is also not allowed to use photos of other people with proper copyright when commercializing their services with those faces and, who knows, give those people whose faces they’ve used a bad image with poor quality services. Imagine such a scenario: “Oh man, did you know that AngelinaJ now sells cheap stuff on that site? And she even managed to scam me!” - or maybe fans would love being scammed by their idols, haha 😃

Yes, the truth is my picture. My name is Mohammad Arashadul Haque, father: Md. Nazrul Islam, Mother-era: Reshma Begum. I am a Bangladeshi citizen, I am completing BSc in Computer Science in Diploma. Now I have an institution which is Oxford Computer and Software Tanning Center. There I do not have a class as a teacher on computer sciences. I always like to talk real.

Yes, the truth is my picture. My name is Mohammad Arashadul Haque, father: Md. Nazrul Islam, Mother-era: Reshma Begum. I am a Bangladeshi citizen, I am completing BSc in Computer Science in Diploma. Now I have an institution which is Oxford Computer and Software Tanning Center. There I do not have a class as a teacher on computer sciences. I always like to talk real.

You know how we said Fiverr was intended to be anonymous? You’ve probably given enough information away, complete with your picture, for somebody to steal your ID.

By all means, be real, but don’t give everything away! 🙂

Please also give your date of birth, phone numbers, email address, social security number, etc. [/sarc]

I understand where you’re coming from. A year or so back before I became a seller on this platform, I had first hand experience of this exact thing. I appointed a voice over artist to do a few voice overs for me. Everything went smooth, the quality of the service I got was top notch. Even the voice overs was of the highest quality.

I used this seller quite a few times with the possibility of long-term work. But suddenly the next day I noticed the profile pic, and you can see it is a real genuine picture. So, I ask the seller why didn’t ‘HE’ put his own picture up in the first place ( He explained to me why) …anyway to make a long story short.

I discontinued using his services in an instant. And after I commented on ‘HER’ pic of how cute ‘SHE’ is and all.

An awesome service and high quality voice-over gig losing a long-term client over FOR NOT BEING OPEN & UPFRONT FROM THE GET GO.

I understand where you’re coming from. A year or so back before I became a seller on this platform, I had first hand experience of this exact thing. I appointed a voice over artist to do a few voice overs for me. Everything went smooth, the quality of the service I got was top notch. Even the voice overs was of the highest quality.

I used this seller quite a few times with the possibility of long-term work. But suddenly the next day I noticed the profile pic, and you can see it is a real genuine picture. So, I ask the seller why didn’t ‘HE’ put his own picture up in the first place ( He explained to me why) …anyway to make a long story short.

I discontinued using his services in an instant. And after I commented on ‘HER’ pic of how cute ‘SHE’ is and all.

An awesome service and high quality voice-over gig losing a long-term client over FOR NOT BEING OPEN & UPFRONT FROM THE GET GO.

Was it a male voice or a female voice?

Commenting on how ‘cute’ somebody is - really? Looks like you fell for it. 😉

It was a really cute pic for sure. Because that time I was new to the platform.

Yes. It was a female voice. Now I know he must have outsourced the voice. But that initial mistrust didn’t sit well with me, you know.

It was a really cute pic for sure. Because that time I was new to the platform.

Yes. It was a female voice. Now I know he must have outsourced the voice. But that initial mistrust didn’t sit well with me, you know.

I am a buyer and a seller here, and I like to use my real profile picture here. It is the same photo I have on all my websites and social media profiles. I also use my real name.

Of course I am interested in using my real information since I am a blogger and I want to build my own name.

Personally I prefer dealing with sellers that use a real profile photo, I just like knowing who I am dealing with.

That said I do understand that there are a lot of sellers that have a full time job or just want to stay anonymous for some other reason too. I guess it is personal preference.

I don’t like it if I feel I have been deceived by a seller though and if I feel that way it doesn’t matter how awesome their gigs are I will stop buying from them.

Because I don’t want random people downloading my picture?

Because I don’t want random people searching on Fb or other social sites for my profile?

Because if someone wants to do business with me he/she should look at my portfolio or my reviews and not at how I look like?

Because a face, color of the skin, physical appearance is not relevant at the moment that your WORK defines yourself in a working place?

Like you or someone else would be able to “know” or “recognize” scammers just by a picture!!!

I’ve read something there up:

I prefer dealing with sellers that use a real profile photo, I just like knowing who I am dealing with

Like that would prevent you of being scammed?

Because if he/she looks not “bad” it will reassure you or your social prejudices because someone who looks weird/foreign/strange should be a scammer?

Oh boy… never seen such amount of people who believe they’re entitled to prejudice others by a picture!

Something is true: I will never sell to people like that!

A Logo designer can use a logo, people who deal with artistic Gigs can use their own artwork (like me), and that doesn’t mean we’re less than anybody else.

There’s nothing wrong using a logo or an animated character, but using a photo of a celebrity or a random model should not be allowed. I think OP was referring to sellers using fake photos rather than using logos or graphic design.

I notice that sellers often use fake profile images of some model or of another person

Oh, I’ve read and quote:

Why don’t sellers show their real faces and list their name?

What for?

So I have (like at the beginning) random people contacting me on my Facebook, because they saw my picture and just felt allowed to do so?

To look on the internet for my Facebook Profile?

Just because I’m blond?

I’m not here to say “Hey, look at me how pretty I am, come and order my Gig”, I’m here to offer serious work for serious people

I quote again:

if I feel I have been deceived by a seller though and if I feel that way it doesn’t matter how awesome their gigs are I will stop buying from them.

For what would you be deceived?

Because you thought you were working with a good looking person?

or because you got an awful work?.. I don’t think is the latter though, as she says “I will never buy from them no matter how awesome their Gigs are”…

Really?

So you’re here to get a date or something?

I thought we all are here to work

Most of my regulars don’t even know that I am a girl, some even think I am a guy, some don’t even bother to ask, because they come to get the job done in a professional way, and that’s what I try hard in every Gig to deliver. They don’t even care how I look like!!!

Because I don’t want random people downloading my picture?

Because I don’t want random people searching on Fb or other social sites for my profile?

Because if someone wants to do business with me he/she should look at my portfolio or my reviews and not at how I look like?

Because a face, color of the skin, physical appearance is not relevant at the moment that your WORK defines yourself in a working place?

Like you or someone else would be able to “know” or “recognize” scammers just by a picture!!!

I’ve read something there up:

I prefer dealing with sellers that use a real profile photo, I just like knowing who I am dealing with

Like that would prevent you of being scammed?

Because if he/she looks not “bad” it will reassure you or your social prejudices because someone who looks weird/foreign/strange should be a scammer?

Oh boy… never seen such amount of people who believe they’re entitled to prejudice others by a picture!

Something is true: I will never sell to people like that!

A Logo designer can use a logo, people who deal with artistic Gigs can use their own artwork (like me), and that doesn’t mean we’re less than anybody else.

No I’m not here to date @wuerz123 but I have had a buyer contact me, claim to be a mommy blogger and then when the post is really strange and I ask about some points I find out the buyer is in fact a childless male. No I don’t care what gender a buyer or seller is… or how they look, I do care if they are genuine.

Oh, I’ve read and quote:

Why don’t sellers show their real faces and list their name?

What for?

So I have (like at the beginning) random people contacting me on my Facebook, because they saw my picture and just felt allowed to do so?

To look on the internet for my Facebook Profile?

Just because I’m blond?

I’m not here to say “Hey, look at me how pretty I am, come and order my Gig”, I’m here to offer serious work for serious people

I quote again:

if I feel I have been deceived by a seller though and if I feel that way it doesn’t matter how awesome their gigs are I will stop buying from them.

For what would you be deceived?

Because you thought you were working with a good looking person?

or because you got an awful work?.. I don’t think is the latter though, as she says “I will never buy from them no matter how awesome their Gigs are”…

Really?

So you’re here to get a date or something?

I thought we all are here to work

Most of my regulars don’t even know that I am a girl, some even think I am a guy, some don’t even bother to ask, because they come to get the job done in a professional way, and that’s what I try hard in every Gig to deliver. They don’t even care how I look like!!!

I don’t use to use profile photo of me because I don’t want people to download it and use it for their purposes. It’s a good point @wuerz123 that if you post your entire name people will stalk you on social media. Therefore, I use my first name only, and I have a business profile across social media that clients can contact me on.

When it comes to the other freelancing sites, I use my full name and photo of me because they require you to do it. But if they didn’t I would use my screen name and my logo avatars just as I do here.

Most of my regulars don’t even know that I am a girl

Damn, for the entire time I thought you were a boy.

No I’m not here to date @wuerz123 but I have had a buyer contact me, claim to be a mommy blogger and then when the post is really strange and I ask about some points I find out the buyer is in fact a childless male. No I don’t care what gender a buyer or seller is… or how they look, I do care if they are genuine.

I find out the buyer is in fact a childless male.

And now answer me something.

Do you think these kind of buyers will approach you if you had a photo of a baby, or a Logo, or something artistic instead of your picture (with your baby… smh 😑) ?

Or you believe you will get just 100% serious buyers like that?

I tell you something:

I’ve got 30% more sales at the beginning when I had my picture without artwork there.

But just from a***holes who ordered for $5 and spent 15 minutes of chit-chatting, and… if I was direct and serious, they even left a lower review…

People trying to get my phone number, lurking in my Facebook, trying to get to know where I really live…

That’s not what I came here for.

I’ve got 30% less amount of work, since changing my picture for one with art on it, and took my video away also.

Since then, I’ve got just serious orders, companies, businesses, serious peole who wanted to work with me. Because I had my work to back me up, and not my “pretty” face on my profile.

Archived