Some Buyers are Hackers

blossom_jey

Hi everyone, I created this topic to help sellers like myself avoid being hacked or worse. A buyer messaged about a Video 📹 Animation, it’s normal to ask for a script once a buyer ask for a video, this buyer sent me a MS Word file with a Malware attached. Fortunately I have a good Anti-virus installed which immediately blocked the exploit before it went too far. I thought maybe this buyer didn’t know, so I asked him to copy the content of the script and paste it ask plain text for me to see, he suggested enabling the edit feature which would give the Malware full access to my PC 💻. I’ll upload our conversation for you guys to take a look.

I am not sure if that is correct with you, but I am working with bunch of word files.

When you open document there is always edit button in it that you need to click. That’s how microsoft made it.

But, weird thing that you antivirus blocked word file. As far as I know every hacker are using exe files. I got few of them before. Something like blahword.exe

I am not sure if that is correct with you, but I am working with bunch of word files.

When you open document there is always edit button in it that you need to click. That’s how microsoft made it.

But, weird thing that you antivirus blocked word file. As far as I know every hacker are using exe files. I got few of them before. Something like blahword.exe

In that case, here is something for you.

screensnip.thumb.PNG.04cde5471d1613608f3d8e5b1ca283fb.PNG

Archived