Somebody please help with my first sales

greatgrace300

Dear Great Grace:

What name do you like to be called? Your customers want to know what to call you.

I took a quick look at your profile:

You should correct your English grammar, spelling, and punctuation throughout.

Do you appear in your profile image?

Have you read the Fiverr Terms of Service?

Good luck,
Blaise

[details=Click Here for TOP SECRET Tips and Tricks
Never Contact a Seller on Fiverr to Ask for FREE STUFF!]
Be sure to make use of Tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, Fiverrcast, and Fiverr Support.

I suggest you check out Fiverrcast episode 08: Working Through Language Barriers.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist. Please study this thread to better appreciate what I’m talking about here. It should take you a minimum of 4 weeks to make your way through all the material.

If you haven’t already read Strengths Finder 2.0 and taken that assessment, I suggest you do so, because it should give you the language to express your strengths and help you to brainstorm some gigs for which you are especially well qualified. Check out the writing of Chris Guillebeau and Tim Ferriss. By Josh Kaufman, I recommend The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything… Fast!
and The Personal MBA. Also, you could read Influence by Robert Cialdini and Get Anyone to Do Anything by David J. Lieberman.

Here’s a thread discussing a specific example of a Buyer Request for which I created a gig and then asked for help improving that gig via the forum.

Improve My Gig Checklist
Seller Tip Trilogy
3 Top Tips and Tricks
How Do I Attract Buyers to My Gig?
Buyer Requests 1
Buyer Requests 2
Tips for Non-Native English Speakers
Sellers Instructionals from a Techies POV
Fiverr Anywhere Video Tutorial
SEO Idea
54 Sales in Our First Month
7 Tips for Upselling
Chargebacks
Social Media Gig Marketing
Managing Buyer Expectations
Gig Tweaks
Digital Copyright
Gig Images
Fiverrcast Questions
Fiverr’s Cut
Cogent Discussion of Buyers, Sellers, and Sellers
Warning Signs of a Potentially Troublesome Buyer
Warning Signs of a Potentially Troublesome Seller
What URLs Can I Use?
Fiverr Terms of Service
How to Make Millions on Fiverr
[/details]

Hi I’m new to fiverr too so I’m trying to figure all this out. Blaise, (blaisefaint) I’ve seen your response to some others and I will go in and make sure people know what to call me. If you have any other recommendations I’d appreciate them.

I also am curious how to add a service charge to my gig. And a Custom Order Gig. I see it on other Newbies Gigs I have read the Terms of Service.

I did sell my first gig, however I have a question there too. It shows me late in delivery of the Gig. I was waiting for the customer to respond, which she did not in time. She had the information I had tried to sell her extra on the gig. She didn’t respond so when it showed I was late in delivery I sent the final delivery. How should I have handled that?

Thank you

Julie

Hi I’m new to fiverr too so I’m trying to figure all this out. Blaise, (blaisefaint) I’ve seen your response to some others and I will go in and make sure people know what to call me. If you have any other recommendations I’d appreciate them.

I also am curious how to add a service charge to my gig. And a Custom Order Gig. I see it on other Newbies Gigs I have read the Terms of Service.

I did sell my first gig, however I have a question there too. It shows me late in delivery of the Gig. I was waiting for the customer to respond, which she did not in time. She had the information I had tried to sell her extra on the gig. She didn’t respond so when it showed I was late in delivery I sent the final delivery. How should I have handled that?

Thank you

Julie

Dear Julie:

I don’t know what you mean by Service Charge in this context. It’s not something I’ve dealt with on Fiverr. Maybe someone else can answer you, or if you post a screen shot I or someone else will be able to come up with a solution.

The other recommendations I’d make to you are also in the long list of Tips and Tricks I included in the post immediately above yours. Things like add a video in which you talk to the Buyer, make your gig descriptions more compelling, clean up your English (like add a period to the end of the last sentence of your Best Seller gig), add FAQs, and on and on. (The purpose of a FAQ is not to answer a particular question as much as it is to give yourself an extra 300 characters to close the deal.)

In your context, here’s a good FAQ and a bad FAQ. You tell me which is which.

1. How many cards come in a deck of Tarot cards?
  2. What benefits will I receive from buying this gig?

@misscrystal was the first Witch on Fiverr and may have some insights to share with you that are pertinent.

@psychicbunny is in your category and may be able to talk to you about what it’s like to go viral and stuff like that.

Hopefully those ladies will be kind enough to give you some feedback.

Handling requests for information you need from nonresponsive clients is an art form.

Things you can try include:

1. setting up mandatory requirements that prevent the countdown from beginning until the Buyer provides the information, with a note to the Buyer that you will proceed with what they give you (or don’t) and their failure to do so may affect their results, as YOU WILL NOT WAIT BECAUSE YOU CAN’T BE LATE.
  2. Invite Buyers to talk to you before they order and address this issue then.
  3. open a dispute immediately if the Buyer fails to do 1 appropriately.
  4. re-calibrate your gigs so that you don’t need anything from the Buyer that could make you go late, even if it means you don’t offer that particular gig extra if there’s no other way around it.
  5. DON’T spam the Buyer no matter what.

It should take you a minimum of 4 weeks to make your way through the material I’ve already shared with you.

Good luck,

Blaise

Thank you

Julie

[details=to Julie]Julie, in addition to what Blaise wrote, if with service charge you mean the fee fiverr will take, that is done automatically. If a buyer buys a 5$ gig from you, fiverr will charge your buyer 6$, and will take 20% from your 5$, you’ll see the 4$ on your revenue list then, after you delivered (it takes 14 days then still to ‘clear’ until you can withdraw it).

Most people on the forum btw recommend that whatever you do, letting an order go late is always the worst solution. But you aren´t allowed to deliver unfinished work either. You could use the search function of the forum, there´s a lot written on that I think, including how to use the ‘resolution center’ to ask for time extension.[/details]

[details=to Julie]Julie, in addition to what Blaise wrote, if with service charge you mean the fee fiverr will take, that is done automatically. If a buyer buys a 5$ gig from you, fiverr will charge your buyer 6$, and will take 20% from your 5$, you’ll see the 4$ on your revenue list then, after you delivered (it takes 14 days then still to ‘clear’ until you can withdraw it).

Most people on the forum btw recommend that whatever you do, letting an order go late is always the worst solution. But you aren´t allowed to deliver unfinished work either. You could use the search function of the forum, there´s a lot written on that I think, including how to use the ‘resolution center’ to ask for time extension.[/details]

@miiila Thank you! That makes a lot of sense about the money.

I personally would never let a gig go late. With it being my first one I wasn’t sure how this all works. We communicated via email and the information was sent to her, I just didn’t finalize it because I offered her gig extras, which is what I was waiting for. She didn’t respond because she had all the information she had asked for. I promptly hit the finalize button the moment I got the notice I was out of time. I learned my lesson and will keep researching! Thanks for your help the forum has been awesome!

@miiila Thank you! That makes a lot of sense about the money.

I personally would never let a gig go late. With it being my first one I wasn’t sure how this all works. We communicated via email and the information was sent to her, I just didn’t finalize it because I offered her gig extras, which is what I was waiting for. She didn’t respond because she had all the information she had asked for. I promptly hit the finalize button the moment I got the notice I was out of time. I learned my lesson and will keep researching! Thanks for your help the forum has been awesome!

Dear Julie:

We communicated via email

This is a major red flag!

I strongly suggest you read the Fiverr Terms of Service in their entirety before you interact with any more Buyers.

Open a ticket with Fiverr Support explaining what you’ve done and hope that they let this one go with just a warning.

Good luck,

Blaise

P.S. If by “we communicated via email” you don’t mean “we communicated by email”, then nevermind…

Dear Julie:

We communicated via email

This is a major red flag!

I strongly suggest you read the Fiverr Terms of Service in their entirety before you interact with any more Buyers.

Open a ticket with Fiverr Support explaining what you’ve done and hope that they let this one go with just a warning.

Good luck,

Blaise

P.S. If by “we communicated via email” you don’t mean “we communicated by email”, then nevermind…

Dear Blaise:

This was all done via fiverr. I didn’t mean my personal email it’s all

there and documented in fiverr. I got notifications from fiverr via my

email telling me my next step. I have read the Terms of service. I’m just

a newbie trying to learn not only computers, the language, and all that go

with it. I welcome Fiverr to look at my sale it’s all in order. I thank

you so much for all the help and support!

Blessings,

Julie

Archived