:star2: Rumour has it.....:star2:

ollydave

I have created this thread because of the misconceptions a lot of people have about Fiverr in general.

The post is meant to educate newbies or people in General about a lot of the misconceptions here. I will start with mine. Just start your post with Rumour has it…(the rumour)

Rumour has it… that when you are very active on the forum, your sales will increase or skyrocket.

The forum has no major connection with how much sales or impressions you get

Mod Note: Just to be clear - this thread is about rumors and things that people believe about Fiverr but are NOT true.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumor has it . . .

• The 1st bidder gets the job in BR, so don’t bother after 15 bids

• All $5 to $10 buyers are troublemakers; they never buy anything expensive

For the first time in a really long time. I used the BR last week. I applied for a job that had over 25 offers but still got the job.

Plus the job was over $400. I hope people will learn. Most times, it is full of canned responses that are sometimes unrelated to the request.

One of my top buyer’s 1st project with me was a $5 project. Guess what! That order she/he placed without discussion. 😃
Total number of sell is same for me. But my number of repeating Buyers has increased. I believe I made quit improvement in my conversation. Fiverr Forum is a great place to learn from experienced sellers. Visiting forum has no direct connection to sell but new sellers should spend time on reading discussions. Forum is a goldmine of knowledge 😉

One of my top buyer’s 1st project with me was a $5 project. Guess what! That order she/he placed without discussion. 😃

Total number of sell is same for me. But my number of repeating Buyers has increased. I believe I made quit improvement in my conversation. Fiverr Forum is a great place to learn from experienced sellers. Visiting forum has no direct connection to sell but new sellers should spend time on reading discussions. Forum is a goldmine of knowledge 😉

Yes sure. However, I noticed there are some people that lurk at every post and either copy and paste answers or simply put unnecessary replies thinking it will improve their sales magically.

Yes sure. However, I noticed there are some people that lurk at every post and either copy and paste answers or simply put unnecessary replies thinking it will improve their sales magically.

Oh my gosh, can anyone say, “SPAM?”

I’m so sick of the people going on every single thread, don’t even read but post, “never give up,” or “great job,” or any other one liner that is totally irrelevant to OP comment.

I mean do they really need to post on every single thread?

Oh my gosh, can anyone say, “SPAM?”

I’m so sick of the people going on every single thread, don’t even read but post, “never give up,” or “great job,” or any other one liner that is totally irrelevant to OP comment.

I mean do they really need to post on every single thread?

don’t even read but post, “never give up,” or “great job,” or any other one liner that is totally irrelevant to OP comment.

They are pretty darn annoying indeed.

My other “favorite” is when someone posts the usual “I’m not making sales” , and you see a bunch of “Me too” “Me too, help” “Same here,I’m so sad” “I’m having same problem someone help me” thread underneath it.

What’s the point??

Rumor has it…

:radioactive: If you use a drop dead gorgeous female profile pic, you’ll mek sells.

Um, no. :roll_eyes:

🍅 will not sell.
Your skills + Professionalism will.

Stop pretending to be a “female”, just be yourself for Pete’s sake. Be a man 💪, and be comfortable in your own skin. Same thing applies to females using pics of other “beautiful” females.

Rumor has it…

:radioactive: If you use a drop dead gorgeous female profile pic, you’ll mek sells.

Um, no. :roll_eyes:

🍅 will not sell.

Your skills + Professionalism will.

Stop pretending to be a “female”, just be yourself for Pete’s sake. Be a man 💪, and be comfortable in your own skin. Same thing applies to females using pics of other “beautiful” females.

I know, right?!? 😆

The men that I work with are - - - well, men. There is no way they’d every allow anyone call them she or her.

If you don’t want to display your gender, use a logo - problem solved.

I know, right?!? 😆

The men that I work with are - - - well, men. There is no way they’d every allow anyone call them she or her.

A logo with 🍅

I know, right?!? 😆

LMBO 😂

I ❤️ a confident man, me~ girly + him~ manly = perfect combo! 😍

Miss Crystal! :ok_hand:t4:

• Put furniture together.
  • Mow the lawn.
  • King of the grill.
  • Change a flat tire.
  • Play basketball 🏀.
  • Take charge, don’t sit back and wait for a woman to make the decisions.
  • Not afraid to get dirty, the only :nail_care:t4: that need to be clean is mine.
  • Explain how the game of Football works, LOL. The only thing I know is “touchdown”. 😅

** is not sure whether moving all the O/T comments to their own thread would be seen as manly so holds off doing so with the excuse that this is a “fun thread” and that @ollydave is cool with it **

Edit: But what if the other mods do it instead and I am seen to have “sat back and waited for a woman to make the decisions”.

Hmmm, I’ll go take a bath, light my candles and have a think about what to do next.

Edit 2: Change of plan, big 🍑 spider looks like he is taking over the bathroom for the night.

** is not sure whether moving all the O/T comments to their own thread would be seen as manly so holds off doing so with the excuse that this is a “fun thread” and that @ollydave is cool with it **

Edit: But what if the other mods do it instead and I am seen to have “sat back and waited for a woman to make the decisions”.

Hmmm, I’ll go take a bath, light my candles and have a think about what to do next.

Edit 2: Change of plan, big 🍑 spider looks like he is taking over the bathroom for the night.

@ollydave is cool with it **

I have never known @ollydave to be anything but the coolest.

Nothing to see here.

I took a bubble bath earlier, luckily the bathroom was free of 🕷️ YAY!

Are you a shampoo (bath) kinda guy or do you use manly body wash or soap?

As for the 🕯️ candles, as long as it isn’t 🌲

Nothing to see here.

I took a bubble bath earlier, luckily the bathroom was free of 🕷️ YAY!

Are you a shampoo (bath) kinda guy or do you use manly body wash or soap?

As for the 🕯️ candles, as long as it isn’t 🌲

COUGH!

Bath bombs all the way!

Nah, I am a shower person with manly shower gel and a loofah manscrubber.

Only take a bath every so often, after sport etc. When I do, I tend to fill the bath, mix in aloe vera and leave the cold tap on slightly so it gradually gets cooler for revitalization purposes.

Candles are only for when I am writing my manoirs late into the night.

Archived