Suggestions appreciated for keywords/tags

amy_edits

Hi all,

I’m new to the platform. As one of my first gigs, I want to help people make sense of qualitative data they’ve collected. (That’s the smarty pants way of putting it.)

My idea is that if people have done surveys, conducted interviews, or obtained customer feedback and don’t have the time or inclination to sort through what respondents have said, I can help analyze and organize it. I would be able to send buyers a summary of the main themes present in the data they send through, how often the themes appear, and supporting quotes.

I’m having trouble finding similar gigs, and so I’m not sure I’m phrasing my gig in the best way. I see people offering statistical analysis, or survey writing, neither of which is what I’m offering. Currently my gig title is ‘I will analyze your survey or interview data’, but I’d be grateful for any suggestions on how to improve on this.

Thanks.

Dear Amy:

What name do you like to be called? Your customers want to know what to call you.

I took a quick look at your profile:

Your profile image: While this is fine, I think you should mix it up for your other gigs by offering different images. If I were your mother, I’d tell you to fix your hair, but as far as I know, I’m not your mother, so I won’t say that.
Your log line: “Your copy editing, proofreading, and data analysis smarty pants” could work.
Your profile text – note the edits:

With training and experience in research methods, I am here to help you make sense of your data. I also provide proofreading and critical feedback for academic papers, eBooks, curriculae vitae (CVs), resumes, and cover letters, having helped countless classmates, colleagues, friends, and complete strangers. Let’s work together! -[Amy or whatever]

It’s always a good standard practice to spell out any acronyms the first time you use them.

I find your lack of the Oxford comma disturbing. You should research Jethro Bodine to enhance your understanding of the benefits of an Oxford education.

All your gigs should have video, 3 images, 2 pdfs (to explain what you do or offer additional samples), and so on…

Make a video of yourself talking to the camera, because this approach garners IMMEDIATE RESULTS. Include additional samples in the video! You seem to be all into English English, which makes it seem as though you are unaware of American English. You should look into American English, okay? It’s YUGE! If you’re not aware of American English now, you might say it’s about to nuke the world, so you should probably make it clear to potential Buyers whether you’re willing to fall in line behind world-class American English, if you catch my drift.

Your slides are somewhat uninspired. Show some creativity here!

By the way, I think your current title is fine, but I think “I will be your survey or interview data analysis smarty pants” could also work, and at least make you stand out for pure cheekiness. Showing a flash of personality can draw Buyers to you like flies to honey, or bees to shh, or whatever…

Good luck,
Blaise

[details=Click Here for TOP SECRET Tips and Tricks
Never Contact a Seller on Fiverr to Ask for FREE STUFF!]
Be sure to make use of Tools like the Fiverr Blog, Fiverr Academy, and Fiverrcast.

If you take the time to earn your Autobiographer Badge, particularly adding a link to your Fiverr profile, other forum participants will be able to easily view your information.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist below. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist.

Improve My Gig Checklist
Seller Tip Trilogy
3 Top Tips and Tricks
How Do I Attract Buyers to My Gig?
Buyer Requests 1
Buyer Requests 2
Tips for Non-Native English Speakers
Sellers Instructionals from a Techies POV
Video Tutorial
SEO Idea
54 Sales in Our First Month
7 Tips for Upselling
Chargebacks
Social Media Gig Marketing
Gig Tweaks
Digital Copyright
Fiverr’s Cut
Warning Signs of a Potentially Troublesome Buyer
What URLs Can I Use?
Fiverr Terms of Service[/details]

Hi Blaise,

Thank you for your feedback which is far beyond what I expected. I have a long list of things to do to improve my gigs (for example, wait for a good hair day and shoot my videos!) and your suggestions will help me prioritize what to do first.

I’m not clear on why I seem to be all “English English”? I have degrees from the US and UK, and I state that I can proofread either version of English. It will be obvious in my videos (when they are up) that I’m American, even though I live in the UK. I use American spellings throughout. Is there a particular place where this comes up?

All the best,

Amy

Hi Blaise,

Thank you for your feedback which is far beyond what I expected. I have a long list of things to do to improve my gigs (for example, wait for a good hair day and shoot my videos!) and your suggestions will help me prioritize what to do first.

I’m not clear on why I seem to be all “English English”? I have degrees from the US and UK, and I state that I can proofread either version of English. It will be obvious in my videos (when they are up) that I’m American, even though I live in the UK. I use American spellings throughout. Is there a particular place where this comes up?

All the best,

Amy

Dear Amy:

I didn’t see any videos for you, given that they are NOT yet up, so I’m not able to appreciate your American-ness.

I only scanned one of your gigs.

You use “CVs”, which is English English. I didn’t see “resume”, which is American English.

You are over-estimating the intelligence of your American audience despite all the overwhelming recent evidence to the contrary by assuming that Americans know what the Fiverr “CVs” are…

Good luck,

Blaise

Archived