The cancellation formula is faulty

nickmuir

Hi,

I had a 11 cancellations in January mainly from people ordering stupid things like asking me to use copyrighted material, design a whole website for $5 dollars. I even had one order who asked me to steal content from the hacker group anonymous so they can use it in a promo video. Does Fiverr really expect me not to request to cancel these orders. My gigs clearly state that I can’t do that use copyright content and clearly define what the gig includes. The end result is that it caused a level demotion.

I was trying to work out why no matter how many gigs I completed the completion ratio was not changing. I looked today and saw this on the Fiverr site:

“How Is Order Completion Calculated?
The Order Completion formula is the number of cancellations subtracted from 100% over the last 60 days total of orders, including buyer-initiated, seller-initiated, mutual cancellations and Customer Support.”

It says they are directly subtracting each cancellation from 100%, so if you have 10 cancellations it is at 90%. This means that even if you did 10,000 orders and had 11 cancellations in 60 days you would get a level drop.

I don’t know where their math comes from but it purely doesn’t make sense. A percentage is a percentage of orders you cannot subtract individual orders from it or it is not a percentage it is an arbitrary number that represents 100 - cancellation,

What is going on Fiverr , time to add in the accept order button to stop these ridiculous orders affecting sellers

from https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/all-about-order-completion

The Order Completion formula is the number of cancellations subtracted from 100% over the last 60 days total of orders, including buyer-initiated, seller-initiated, mutual cancellations and Customer Support.”

It says they are directly subtracting each cancellation from 100%, so if you have 10 cancellations it is at 90%. This means that even if you did 10,000 orders and had 11 cancellations in 60 days you would get a level drop.

I’m sure if in the last 60 days you had 10,000 orders with 11 of those being cancelled you would not get a level drop (though I’m not sure it’s possible to do that many orders in 60 days).

I’m sure it’s just that Fiverr’s article page isn’t very clear. What they really mean I’m sure is that:
order completion value = 100% - percentage cancelled (based on orders in the last 60 days)

So 11 cancellations is 0.11% of 10,000 completed orders (in last 60 days). So in that case it would be 100 - 0.11=99.89% order completion rate (which would be fine). So if you completed 99.89% of 10,000 orders (had 11 cancellations) in 60 days you’d be fine (since 99.89% is not under 90%).

from https://sellers.fiverr.com/en/article/all-about-order-completion

I’m sure if in the last 60 days you had 10,000 orders with 11 of those being cancelled you would not get a level drop (though I’m not sure it’s possible to do that many orders in 60 days).

I’m sure it’s just that Fiverr’s article page isn’t very clear. What they really mean I’m sure is that:

order completion value = 100% - percentage cancelled (based on orders in the last 60 days)

So 11 cancellations is 0.11% of 10,000 completed orders (in last 60 days). So in that case it would be 100 - 0.11=99.89% order completion rate (which would be fine). So if you completed 99.89% of 10,000 orders (had 11 cancellations) in 60 days you’d be fine (since 99.89% is not under 90%).

I have done the calculations working out the percentages and this is the only formula that accurately represents my current rating.

“So 11 cancellations is 0.11%”

No you are still treating it as a percentage which it appears they are not

Hi,

I had a 11 cancellations in January mainly from people ordering stupid things like asking me to use copyrighted material, design a whole website for $5 dollars. I even had one order who asked me to steal content from the hacker group anonymous so they can use it in a promo video. Does Fiverr really expect me not to request to cancel these orders. My gigs clearly state that I can’t do that use copyright content and clearly define what the gig includes. The end result is that it caused a level demotion.

I was trying to work out why no matter how many gigs I completed the completion ratio was not changing. I looked today and saw this on the Fiverr site:

I don’t know where their math comes from but it purely doesn’t make sense. A percentage is a percentage of orders you cannot subtract individual orders from it or it is not a percentage it is an arbitrary number that represents 100 - cancellation,

What is going on Fiverr , time to add in the accept order button to stop these ridiculous orders affecting sellers

That’s wrong.

number of orders - cancellations = X

number of orders = Y

X/Y = order completion rate

That’s wrong.

number of orders - cancellations = X

number of orders = Y

X/Y = order completion rate

That is a quote from their page? It is wrong?

I have done the calculations working out the percentages and this is the only formula that accurately represents my current rating.

“So 11 cancellations is 0.11%”

No you are still treating it as a percentage which it appears they are not

I’m saying if you cancelled 11 orders out of 10,000 orders (orders from the last 60 days) your Order Completion rate would be 99.89%.

100- 0.11=99.89.

I’m also saying Fiverr’s page describing the formula isn’t written clearly. Basically they should re-write the description of it I think, so it describes it as accurately as possible.

You have 100 orders. You have 5 cancellations.

100 - 5 = 95

95 / 100 = 95%

You can keep writing the formula over and over but the number does not represent what is being shown on my screen.

Lets end the conversation here it is circular.

I will talk to support

Hi,

What they are saying here is that they take total number of orders and subtract the cancellations from that, not subtract them from 100%. They mean subtract them from 100% of the number of orders.

What they are saying here is that they take total number of orders and subtract the cancellations from that, not subtract them from 100%. They mean subtract them from 100% of the number of orders.

What I am saying is that I used the formula you provided and it does not represent what is being shown as my cancellation rate. I have a spreadsheet with cancellations and orders and keep a track of sales earnings ect.

However I understand that this may be badly worded in their website. It seems it may be a problem with my account. As I said above I will contact support.

Thanks for taking the time to help

I guess this means I can have 2 completed orders and 8 cancellations and I’ll be just fine, as that would be a 92% :roll_eyes:

But that’s not how Fiverr calculates it unless you redefine a couple of words and ignore a great deal of common sense.

@lucycodex: If @misscrystal’s formula is right, then I think it would go like this for your example:

You have 10 orders. You have 8 cancellations.

10 - 8 = 2 (2 is your completed orders)

2 / 10 = 20%

That would not be just fine, since you need 90%. I don’t know about the formula but that does make more sense. I’m also not a math person at ALL so if my math is wrong, someone feel free to correct me.

@lucycodex: If @misscrystal’s formula is right, then I think it would go like this for your example:

2 / 10 = 20%

That would not be just fine, since you need 90%. I don’t know about the formula but that does make more sense. I’m also not a math person at ALL so if my math is wrong, someone feel free to correct me.

I think Lucy was being sarcastic. 😛

2 / 10 = 20%

Oh no, you are 100% correct. I was being sarcastic with the 92% remark. According to the OP’s logic, it would be 92%, in actual logic, it would be 20%.

Archived