Tips for selecting the best seller.....!

New to fiverr? I know that feeling. Everyday thousand of new buyers and sellers are sign up, thousand of gigs being created. But how to select the best seller?
You can control each and every process in fiverr quite well. Because you are in a unique position!

Yeah. But it’s better to contact seller before place the order!

But it’s better to contact seller before place the order!

Maybe if they are a new seller. If a buyer is selecting someone with a significant track record, then contacting them isn’t needed. It depends on the category AND if the seller is newer.

Also, buyer requests are not usually the best method for picking sellers.

Many established sellers don’t monitor those daily, but many newer sellers do. A buyer may get 10-30 responses, but those responses vary widely in terms of experience and track record.

Buyers would do well looking at the leaders in each category, and the newer sellers are also easy with the filters available for searching.

Get a sense for what is the best quality work on Fiverr, and the price ranges for available services.

If you plan a larger project, buy a $5 sample from the experienced sellers. Experienced sellers rarely do free samples, but for a larger project a $10 or $20 budget, spread over a few sellers is a great way to find the right fit.

Select a couple established sellers, and try out someone new IF you like their samples.

I’m not against buyer requests, but it’s not the place where most mid-level or higher sellers monitor on a regular basis. Many of us rarely visit anymore, because the quality of the requests varies so much.

I agree with you on selecting sellers by looking at gigs, checking displayed sample work, and even asking questions in many cases. I think that Buyer Requests is a good place to post if you need something incredibly unique and can’t find anyone or if you really want to get a lot of responses in case one might be a fit. I can’t agree that it’s the best thing on your list, just because buyer requests often get a large number of replies from people who respond to nearly every request as fast as they can.

It’s worth knowing about for sure, but if a gig can be found through hunting through existing gigs for a good match, I think that takes the top spot. IMO only, though!

Maybe if they are a new seller. If a buyer is selecting someone with a significant track record, then contacting them isn’t needed. It depends on the category AND if the seller is newer.

Many established sellers don’t monitor those daily, but many newer sellers do. A buyer may get 10-30 responses, but those responses vary widely in terms of experience and track record.

Buyers would do well looking at the leaders in each category, and the newer sellers are also easy with the filters available for searching.

Get a sense for what is the best quality work on Fiverr, and the price ranges for available services.

If you plan a larger project, buy a $5 sample from the experienced sellers. Experienced sellers rarely do free samples, but for a larger project a $10 or $20 budget, spread over a few sellers is a great way to find the right fit.

Select a couple established sellers, and try out someone new IF you like their samples.

I’m not against buyer requests, but it’s not the place where most mid-level or higher sellers monitor on a regular basis. Many of us rarely visit anymore, because the quality of the requests varies so much.

Some buyers come with low budget, and some need incredibly unique service. At that moment posting buyer request may be more efficient than searching for gigs! 😊

And don’t forget that Every top rated and mid-level seller have been a new seller at the beginning.

Yeah. But it’s better to contact seller before place the order!

Please don’t do that unless the seller writes “please contact me before ordering.”

I really want to avoid unnecessary chit chat, a lot of buyers visit the forum, and sometimes assume every seller wants to be contacted.

Another question I hate is “what do I need to order?”

Don’t forget “orders in queue.”

If I see someone with 18 Orders in Queue, I know he’s really good because he’s getting a lot of business.

Wait…have you ever wondered whether some of them are late? As someone who has never delivered an order late, I definitely doubt having more orders in queue is a way to judge the quality of the seller.

Wait…have you ever wondered whether some of them are late? As someone who has never delivered an order late, I definitely doubt having more orders in queue is a way to judge the quality of the seller.

Not necessarily, one of my favorite competitors has 1-day delivery on his gig and he always has a queue of 10 to 20, sometimes more.

Besides, the reviews can tell you if the seller is often late. If you see “cancelled, seller failed to deliver on time,” that’s bad. However, if the last time the seller got that review was 3 to 6 months ago, maybe he’s not doing that anymore. Even so, sometimes a seller is late because the buyer demands a revision. The best thing to do then is to use resolution center to solicit an extension.

I always want buyers to contact me before ordering the gig. Writing, like much of what is offered on Fiverr, isn’t a one-size-fits-all thing. What a buyer might expect isn’t necessarily what I might deliver. For me, communication with the seller is key to finding the right one.

Not necessarily, one of my favorite competitors has 1-day delivery on his gig and he always has a queue of 10 to 20, sometimes more.

Besides, the reviews can tell you if the seller is often late. If you see “cancelled, seller failed to deliver on time,” that’s bad. However, if the last time the seller got that review was 3 to 6 months ago, maybe he’s not doing that anymore. Even so, sometimes a seller is late because the buyer demands a revision. The best thing to do then is to use resolution center to solicit an extension.

Besides, the reviews can tell you if the seller is often late. If you see “cancelled, seller failed to deliver on time,” that’s bad.

There are some buyers who threaten the sellers for asking refunds after complete the work.

They say “I’ll give you negative feedback if not refund” or something.

Besides, the reviews can tell you if the seller is often late. If you see “cancelled, seller failed to deliver on time,” that’s bad.

There are some buyers who threaten the sellers for asking refunds after complete the work.

They say “I’ll give you negative feedback if not refund” or something.

Buyer reviews are irrelevant. When I get an order, I can’t see what reviews my buyers have gotten. Now if my buyers have gigs on Fiverr, I can see the reviews those gigs get, but that doesn’t affect me in any way.

Please don’t do that unless the seller writes “please contact me before ordering.”

I really want to avoid unnecessary chit chat, a lot of buyers visit the forum, and sometimes assume every seller wants to be contacted.

Another question I hate is “what do I need to order?”

Haha yes I hate the “what do i need to order?”. It’s all in the gig description… usually! I’m one of those sellers who likes to be contacted just to make sure I have the time as I do work outside fiverr too, but totally get sellers who are like “keep it short and sweet, let’s get busy!” 🙂

Haha yes I hate the “what do i need to order?”. It’s all in the gig description… usually! I’m one of those sellers who likes to be contacted just to make sure I have the time as I do work outside fiverr too, but totally get sellers who are like “keep it short and sweet, let’s get busy!” 🙂

Yesterday I found a quick way to deal with this problem. Let’s say they ask you a stupid question like

"How much? How long? What do you do? "

You click “view gig” and then copy and paste.

$10 Basic

3 Days Delivery 1 Revision

WHATEVER

10 whatever with whatever

$20 Standard

3 Days Delivery 1 Revision

WHATEVER

10 whatever with whatever 2

This saves time, and you’re not insulting the buyer, I think.

I don’t even offer sample for $100 project o.O

You are welcome! The main thing is work hard.

You are welcome! The main thing is work hard.

I agree with this but I’ll rephrase it:

The main thing is to work hard at refining your skills and services, to make sure you’re delivering higher quality over time. Anybody can work hard, focus on the areas that provide more value for your clients.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Don’t forget “orders in queue.”

If I see someone with 18 Orders in Queue, I know he’s really good because he’s getting a lot of business.

I am sorry but there a lot who don’t show any creativity in their work and still have order in queue because they are old and joined fiverr when it’s new.

I am sorry but there a lot who don’t show any creativity in their work and still have order in queue because they are old and joined fiverr when it’s new.

If their work was so uncreative and horrible, they wouldn’t have a queue. Creativity is subjective, it’s like video games. Some like violent games like Fallout, others prefer Call of Duty. Who’s to say who’s wrong and whose right? Success doesn’t mean pleasing 100%. Martha Stewart is not enjoyed by 100% of women, but there are enough women to make her successful.

A new seller can experience success here. In fact, new sellers have a huge opportunity because they have nothing to lose, they can experiment, they can do more than the competition or do things the competition isn’t doing. Things change when Fiverr becomes your only source of income, and changes can have terrible financial consequences.

Archived