Tired of this new algorithm

psychicbunny

I checked on the position of my gig right now, there are gigs that have 0 orders pending, less reviews, and haven’t even been reviewed in over 10 days that are ahead of my gig right now.
I’m going to be atleast $1200 short this month thanks to this algorithm stuff. Super unfair. I worked so hard to be placed at the top.
Anyway Fiverr can just go back to what it had before?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked on the position of my gig right now, there are gigs that have 0 orders pending, less reviews, and haven’t even been reviewed in over 10 days that are ahead of my gig right now.

I’m going to be atleast $1200 short this month thanks to this algorithm stuff. Super unfair. I worked so hard to be placed at the top.

Based upon Fiverr’s announcements regarding the changes, and the shift toward a tag-based search system, I think it’s safe to say that going back to what the search system was before will not happen. We’re all going to have to accept these changes, and learn to work with, and within them.

Based upon Fiverr’s announcements regarding the changes, and the shift toward a tag-based search system, I think it’s safe to say that going back to what the search system was before will not happen. We’re all going to have to accept these changes, and learn to work with, and within them.

This.

(20 characters are saying this)

It’s more than a week now and I’ve not seen a single sale. I believe my tags a rightly used and my gig is also ranking well so, what’s really going on here on fiverr?

It’s more than a week now and I’ve not seen a single sale. I believe my tags a rightly used and my gig is also ranking well so, what’s really going on here on fiverr?

Even though Fiverr has announced the new algorithm is based on tags, I doubt that is the only criteria that will determine your ranking. It could be a combination of things. For example, your tags, plus your gig title, plus your gig description, plus your ranking and so on. When you find the combination that works, that will probably change your gig ranking What that combination is, may take some experimenting and testing.

The gig on the left of mine hasn’t even been reviewed in 10 days. How is this inactive gig placed higher than mine? Come on this is a joke.

I agree there is confusion and good chance bugs are in the algorithm. I’d bet that the algorithm doesn’t effect every category the same. I have gigs in my category who have no video, with poor rankings, and based on their feedback don’t give very good customer service yet they are ranked highly. I scratch my head so I can understand why it seems unfair.

I don’t know, it’s working super well for some people - @ryangillam gets 100 orders a day or something like that these days…

Despite being on the front page of my category, it has now fallen down to 6 orders per day :). Actual clicks on my gig has fallen too, so it is not the cancellations turning people off. I think it is that new shitty star rating being displayed on the page.

Despite being on the front page of my category, it has now fallen down to 6 orders per day :). Actual clicks on my gig has fallen too, so it is not the cancellations turning people off. I think it is that new shitty star rating being displayed on the page.

, it has now fallen down to 6 orders per day

Aw poor guy! I would love 6 a day now.

Just 6 orders a day. It’s amazing how much this guy complains. LOL.

To be fair, if a new feature is driving people away from certain gigs, it means there is a problem with the feature 😉

I don’t mind that the orders have plummeted. I can handle it. I am more concerned about other people. This means that ANYBODY who ever drops below 5-stars is going to find it tough to get a sale again because why would somebody click their page? This means that Fiverr has gone from (in the span of two years):

• A thumb down being a negative rating
  • Anything less than 4.5 stars being a negative rating (as you need to maintain 4.5 stars)
  • Anything less than 5 stars being a negative rating

What I found weird is that I am still on the front page but since the introduction of that feature, nobody is clicking my gig.

To be fair, if a new feature is driving people away from certain gigs, it means there is a problem with the feature 😉

I don’t mind that the orders have plummeted. I can handle it. I am more concerned about other people. This means that ANYBODY who ever drops below 5-stars is going to find it tough to get a sale again because why would somebody click their page? This means that Fiverr has gone from (in the span of two years):

• Anything less than 4.5 stars being a negative rating (as you need to maintain 4.5 stars)

What I found weird is that I am still on the front page but since the introduction of that feature, nobody is clicking my gig.

Yeah, I get your point. But I have a 5 star rating with over 3500 orders completed, 2500 reviews, hardly get any orders compared to you and a lot of other people. My orders are mainly from old clients. If my nature was to be a complaining type, I would be doing that all the time here. But I am naturally optimistic and don’t care about such things.

(Of course, I know my delivery time of 29 days is a big turn off for most buyers, and I stay busy as it is…but just making a point.)

Same here for me as well. I was having 50+ orders in queue an year ago. Gradually reduced it upto 2 in queue and now I don’t get any order from new people. The only orders I’m receiving are from my satisfied client base.

I currently possess 4830 positive reviews but my gig show nowhere. 😦

Will see what’s going to happen to me.

A certain female who lives in Greece is less than 5 and does very well.

Yeah, I get your point. But I have a 5 star rating with over 3500 orders completed, 2500 reviews, hardly get any orders compared to you and a lot of other people. My orders are mainly from old clients. If my nature was to be a complaining type, I would be doing that all the time here. But I am naturally optimistic and don’t care about such things.

(Of course, I know my delivery time of 29 days is a big turn off for most buyers, and I stay busy as it is…but just making a point.)

But I have a 5 star rating with over 3500 orders completed, 2500 reviews, hardly get any orders compared to you and a lot of other people

I get very few new buyers since the algorithm change. I have 5 stars and over 3000 positive reviews.

A certain female who lives in Greece is less than 5 and does very well.

Yeah, won’t be surprised if she is making a 6 figure income already. Her business is booming since she was banned. We should all get banned from the forum and focus on the business. LOL.

Just letting everyone know whatever algorithm is in place right now, is preventing any gigs from rising. So if you’re in the 7th row and want to work your way up, you can’t because whatever algorithm is in place, is pretty much stuck or not working.

My gig is stuck somewhere on the 10th page. I tried everything to improve the ranking of my gig but I am failed. I have 6 positive 5-star reviews and my gig is on the 10th page. I have seen many sellers with just 1 review or zero reviews and their gig is showing on the first page.

Idk what Fiverr is trying to do from last 2 months but if they did not stop all this they will loose their name and reputation.

Archived