Was just curious about some things

Guest anirdreameth

Guest anirdreameth

Hi there fellow Fiverrs,

As you might remember, I posted my introduction on the forum a couple of days ago. I was blown away by all the warm welcomes and greetings. I loved to interact with the other sellers here. All this on just one simple text post. Amazing.

So, I had this doubt actually that I wanted to put forth. The impressions and views on my Gigs have not changed at all over the last three or four days. All I wanted to know is whether this is normal. Am I supposed to wait or am I doing something wrong?

It would be really amazing to know your thoughts on this.

Thank you,

~Neil

Dear Anir:

I used to point questions like yours to a post that explained that impressions and views are a meaningless statistic, but with the new Forum that message has disappeared.

I suggest you concern yourself more with sales.

Take advantage of the Buyer Requests Feature.

Buyer Requests (BR) is FOR BUYERS to request custom offers from Sellers. (see Key Terms etc. in following link on what is a buyer, a seller, an order, an offer, a gig etc. and memorize them - it´s easier to get correct replies on the forum when you post about issues, if you use the correct terms so everyone knows what you´re talking about: https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service) It is NOT for Sellers to post their Gigs and services and offers, actually that can get you into trouble. Kindly do…

Have you been struggling to get orders? Then you've probably looked at the Buyer Request section a few times now, and maybe you've sent a few offers. As a buyer whose posted requests before, here are some tips for how to actually appeal to the seller: Edit before you send. Make sure that your grammar and spelling is correct and that your sentences flow and make sense. The buyer won't sit there for ten minutes trying to figure out what you had tried to say and they are very unlikely to message…

Use Social Media to publicize your gigs.
http://blog.fiverr.com/fiverrcast-episode-40-finding-marketing-success-one-man-show-transcript/
Make videos in which you talk to the camera.

Good luck,
Blaise

Probably a lot of people will tell you a lot about those impressions and how to get more, I can´t offer any of that, but maybe it can be a ‘consolation’ that I literally never bothered to even really look at my gig impressions and views and still got level 1 seller after a month and level 2 after two, and did and do get orders. Surely it´s a good thing to see to it that one´s impressions are high though, I don´t mean with that that you shouldn´t bother. 🙂
Then there are often bugs, IIRC there was some thread about no impressions showing for December, as having been a bug or something, for instance.

Blaise absolutely has a point with trying to make use of the BR section.

Don’t waste your time getting hung up on statistics, especially as there are so many bugs, or things we can’t know or influence, in the Fiverr algorithms.

Like @miiila, I never looked at my impressions, clicks and views. I too got level 2 in a couple of months. I did that by concentrating on getting my gigs set up just right and using buyer requests.

Guest anirdreameth

Dear Anir:

I used to point questions like yours to a post that explained that impressions and views are a meaningless statistic, but with the new Forum that message has disappeared.

I suggest you concern yourself more with sales.

Take advantage of the Buyer Requests Feature.

Buyer Requests (BR) is FOR BUYERS to request custom offers from Sellers. (see Key Terms etc. in following link on what is a buyer, a seller, an order, an offer, a gig etc. and memorize them - it´s easier to get correct replies on the forum when you post about issues, if you use the correct terms so everyone knows what you´re talking about: ) It is NOT for Sellers to post their Gigs and services and offers, actually that can get you into trouble. Kindly do…
Have you been struggling to get orders? Then you've probably looked at the Buyer Request section a few times now, and maybe you've sent a few offers. As a buyer whose posted requests before, here are some tips for how to actually appeal to the seller: Edit before you send. Make sure that your grammar and spelling is correct and that your sentences flow and make sense. The buyer won't sit there for ten minutes trying to figure out what you had tried to say and they are very unlikely to message…

Use Social Media to publicize your gigs.

Make videos in which you talk to the camera.

Good luck,

Blaise

Hi Blaise,

Thank you for that extensive reply. I am grateful for your enthusiasm to help this new guy out. I actually did take a look into the Buyer Requests category and it had a handful of requests. Some were in languages in which I have no proficiency; and the others were not in categories that pertained to my expertise. However, I now understand the importance of keeping an eye out for the section. Thank you for that heads up.

I need to invest some time in recording myself. So yeah, I am working on that. Thank you for pointing that out.

Good luck to you too,

~Neil

Guest anirdreameth

Probably a lot of people will tell you a lot about those impressions and how to get more, I can´t offer any of that, but maybe it can be a ‘consolation’ that I literally never bothered to even really look at my gig impressions and views and still got level 1 seller after a month and level 2 after two, and did and do get orders. Surely it´s a good thing to see to it that one´s impressions are high though, I don´t mean with that that you shouldn´t bother. 🙂

Then there are often bugs, IIRC there was some thread about no impressions showing for December, as having been a bug or something, for instance.

Blaise absolutely has a point with trying to make use of the BR section.

Thanks miiila. Always to the rescue I see 🙂. Yes, I have definitely started checking out that section more after this post. However, not much has really shown up on there. But let’s keep our hopes up. In any case, I just wanted to know if anything abnormal was happening to my statistics alone. Obviously, that is not the case.

For now, I will just concentrate on improving my gigs I guess.

Thank you,

~Neil

Guest anirdreameth

Don’t waste your time getting hung up on statistics, especially as there are so many bugs, or things we can’t know or influence, in the Fiverr algorithms.

Like @miiila, I never looked at my impressions, clicks and views. I too got level 2 in a couple of months. I did that by concentrating on getting my gigs set up just right and using buyer requests.

Thanks @capitalquality,

Yes, your opinion seems to be the general one around the forum. Thank you for pointing out that the stagnant impressions are not that important.

I am trying to improve my Gigs. Maybe if I play around more, I will get better at it.

Thank you,

~Neil

Hi Blaise,

Thank you for that extensive reply. I am grateful for your enthusiasm to help this new guy out. I actually did take a look into the Buyer Requests category and it had a handful of requests. Some were in languages in which I have no proficiency; and the others were not in categories that pertained to my expertise. However, I now understand the importance of keeping an eye out for the section. Thank you for that heads up.

I need to invest some time in recording myself. So yeah, I am working on that. Thank you for pointing that out.

Good luck to you too,

~Neil

Dear Neil:

See one, do one, teach one.

I invite you to do what I do and offer feedback to Sellers who ask for help via the Forum.

I look at gigs with the eye of a proofreader. When I joined Fiverr, I studied the “Style Guide” and then proceeded to make recommendations in two broad areas:

1. English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
  2. Best practices for Fiverr as I understand them

This practice helps me to discipline myself to look at lots of profiles and lots of gigs.

I’m not a copy writer, so I don’t attempt to improve people’s copy, other than with broad suggestions.

If you were to look at these gigs with the eye of a writer, you might actually be able to make some of these gig descriptions shine.

Then you can point Buyers to samples of your writing in the Fiverr Forum.

In so doing, you might develop a “Write Your Gig Copy” gig down the road, and you might find inspiration for a gig that you had not previously considered.

Good luck,

Blaise

Archived