What do you guys think of my gig?

hipie007

Hi, Pie :

What name do you like to be called? Your customers want to know what to call you.

Dear Fiverr Seller: I didn't take a look at your gig, but here is a checklist that may help: Polish your English: spelling, grammar, punctuation, and so on. Are you trying to reach US English speakers or international English speakers? Make sure your phrasing is consistent with your target audience. Remember that buyers are on Fiverr so that you will solve THEIR problems. You are here to provide SOLUTIONS. There is no place for negativity in your copy. Don't say, I live in a third world …

I may be a Level 2 seller who has been here for about two years now, but there was a lot of trial and error along the way (and I mean A LOT). Despite the fact that I have a 99% overall rating with over 1,000 completed orders, I'm nowhere near "perfect" and I continue to learn new things daily. (I'm really not trying to toot my own horn... I swear!) Below, I have included a list of tried and true do's and don'ts. I learned from my fiverr blunders, so I'd like to share my acquired wisdom. My …

Hey guys! Let's cut straight to the chase. You're a new seller (or maybe even an older seller experiencing a sales slum). Here are my 3 top tips to generating sales: 1. Interlink your services and create related gigsI've seen many new sellers fall into two traps when first creating their gigs. One of these traps is to create multiple gigs which are essentially the same thing (such as "create modern logo design", "create a unique logo", "design your logo") in the hopes of getting more t…

Hi @charles20bc, Here’s a list I’ve put together that helps you stand out, look Professional, and how to setup a proper, well designed gig. Make sure you complete your profile setup 100%. Also, link all of your accounts (Facebook, Stack Overflow, Email, etc) so that potential buyers know you’re not a fly by night seller. Use proper English in your Fiverr profile. Make sure to notate where you’re from, and make sure your sentence structure is proper. Many potential buyers will not want to…

Here’s a link to Fiverr Academy.

Here’s a link to Episode 1 of Fiverrcast.

If you take the time to earn your Autobiographer Badge, particularly adding a link to your Fiverr profile, other forum participants will be able to easily view your information.

As a general rule, when I have time to participate in the Fiverr Forum and I notice a request like yours in the “Improve My Gig” section, I am willing and able to look at a Seller’s Profile and one gig one time.

I can give you a better level of assistance if you first work your way through the checklist previously cited. That way, I won’t waste your one turn by advising you to follow items on the checklist.

For example:

Your profile image: I recommend a color photo of you smiling.
Your log line: This is a slogan that appears below your user name.
Your profile text: Sign your name so people know what to call you.
Your gigs should all have video and 3 images, and so on…

Good luck,
Blaise

What I lack here is an extra mile of human touch. Thus, I would have changed the picture you have in your profile to something that will show your face & have your name listed in the beginning of the description.

I think it will be better since a service like the one you provide is personal & it’s important that in an environment that’s contains structured distance between the buyer & the seller like fiverr this personalization will be felt by the buyer.

I just looked at your gig. Apart from some minor grammar issues in both the description and your seller bio, it’s a decent looking gig for someone seeking such a service. If I were you, I’d change the main gig photo to something more appealing. When that photo becomes a thumbnail, most (if not all) of the text will be nearly illegible. I do like the flag idea, though. Perhaps upload a photo of yourself to add a more personal vibe to the gig.

Furthermore, I recommend that you include a sample of your translation work in the photo gallery. And take another look at your keywords. The first three are great. The last two? Not so much. Try to see if “translator,” “translate,” or “write” are options.

What sets you apart from Google translate which is free? Just something I thought of when looking at your gig.

I know this isn’t geared towards me, but…

Google translate isn’t always accurate. I would know because some friends who don’t speak Greek were sending me sentences written in Greek that made NO sense. They used Google Translate. When an actual person who is fluent in the language is translating something, there’s less room for error. What I mean is, the sentences will be in the right order and they know what a proper sentence sounds like. Google tends to “directly translate” and there lies the problem.

Furthermore, if you use Google Translate, you just have to trust that the translation is 100% correct but don’t have an actual person to confirm its accuracy. And if it’s wrong, Google Translate can’t revise for you.

This seller mentioned that, but perhaps he can go into more depth.

Archived