What's this limit?

spark4hope

As of right now there are different levels you can earn here on the forum which eventually will lift these restrictions.

Yes, but might be impossible to achieve them with this kind of restriction.

Replying in a forum is the basic thing that anyone can do… you can’t take this feature just because you want users to earn some badges to achieve different levels.

I tried to reply at 9:36 AM and I got “Please wait 7 hours before trying again.” Really Fiverr?

Same happened with me for the “likes”.

First I got “Please wait 6 hours before trying again”.

Then after 6 hrs I got “Please wait 9 hours before trying again”.

Really?

@taverr Likes are different because they are only needed for showing opinions and gaining badges. They are naturally limited but that will not prevent you from leveling and getting the ability to do more.

Yes, but might be impossible to achieve them with this kind of restriction.

Replying in a forum is the basic thing that anyone can do… you can’t take this feature just because you want users to earn some badges to achieve different levels.

I tried to reply at 9:36 AM and I got “Please wait 7 hours before trying again.” Really Fiverr?

@spark4hope Posts and replies are limited heavily on ONLY the first day you use the forum. After that it is extended greatly and should allow you plenty of opportunity to level unless you spam/overpost heavily.

@spark4hope Posts and replies are limited heavily on ONLY the first day you use the forum. After that it is extended greatly and should allow you plenty of opportunity to level unless you spam/overpost heavily.

Ok @fonthaunt, I really want to become an very active member of the community on the forum and that’s why the limit was pretty bad.

Is there any topic where all these rules are posted? If not, then it should be.

Thanks again!

Ok @fonthaunt, I really want to become an very active member of the community on the forum and that’s why the limit was pretty bad.

Is there any topic where all these rules are posted? If not, then it should be.

Thanks again!

I entirely understand. Unfortunately we did not have a chance to warn people about the first day limits because we didn’t realize they were set to default when the forum launched. Yes, the rules are posted. There are hard and fast rules that you can find here: Forum Rules + Do’s and Dont’s

At the bottom of that post you will see two other things. One is a “Do’s and Dont’s” section with a general reference to some do’s and don’ts that are not rules but are good to be cautious about. The other is a pointer to a set of community faqs/guidelines that came with the new forum and was left up while we discuss merging. The top part with rules is the main thing and it can take awhile to read the rest of the general guidelines but I eventually I suggest brushing up on all of it if you are hoping to hit level 3 someday on the forum. Thanks!

As of right now there are different levels you can earn here on the forum which eventually will lift these restrictions.

How to earn levels? And Is there any explanation in details that we all understand.

Thank you , Just learnt how to quote 🍁

How to earn levels? And Is there any explanation in details that we all understand.

We are introducing new “user levels” can earn for viewing and participation. The higher up you are, the more you can interact with others in the forum and the more features open up. There are 5 levels of participation: Level 0 (New) → Level 1 (Basic) → Level 2 (Member) → Level 3 (Regular) → Level 4 (Leader). New (0) New users coming into the forum need to earn the trust of the community. Most likely they are visitors who just created an account and still learning the community norms and the …

You can earn levels by participating in the forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, but might be impossible to achieve them with this kind of restriction. Replying in a forum is the basic thing that anyone can do… you can't take this feature just because you want users to earn some badges to achieve different levels. I tried to reply at 9:36 AM and I got "Please wait 7 hours before trying again." Really Fiverr?

@spark4hope Same thing happened to me :thinking:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
We are introducing new “user levels” can earn for viewing and participation. The higher up you are, the more you can interact with others in the forum and the more features open up. There are 5 levels of participation: Level 0 (New) → Level 1 (Basic) → Level 2 (Member) → Level 3 (Regular) → Level 4 (Leader). New (0) New users coming into the forum need to earn the trust of the community. Most likely they are visitors who just created an account and still learning the community norms and the …

Thank you for this. This really helps. 🙂

Archived