Why fiverr until now Is missing this big Important thing?!

kyle_xy

Hi fiverrs,

I am Photoshop Editor seller, I really like fiverr as an easy freelancers way to show their experience to world, I joined to fiverr since month ago but notice that the fiverr is MISSING something really important to sellers, why there’s not a feature that allows sellers to control orders?? why there’s not feature that allows sellers to reject or accept orders?!

This feature Is really important to sellers because there are some annoying buyers just want to leave you bad reviews without any reasons!

hope fiverr allows this feature as soon as possible

thank you
Kyle

Dear Kyle:

Try posting in this thread: Fiverrcast Questions

Good luck,

Blaise

For a minute I had to pause and think what you meant, @blaisefaint. Thanks for the idea!

To @kyle_xy and everyone, what Blaise is talking about is a thread that was opened up to ask users what they would like to talk about on the Fiverr official podcast, AKA Fiverrcast. Anyone who has ideas that have been asked for many times (and haven’t happened) or new ideas might consider visiting the thread that Blaise posted above. It never hurts to pop in your own suggestions and see if they might get noticed there!

There’s a feature that can control the order QUEUE - for example 10 orders maximum for a period of time, but nothing like that. That would be a good idea actually - no more users buying gigs that don’t match my description, and then having to cancel it which then will affect my gig rankings.

Fiverr uses the line -
Browse - Buy - Done

So, by introducing such a feature, it will be like -
Browse - Buy - Wait for approvement -
1. If Approved : Done
2. If Not-Approved : Repeat the things in the line above

As you might guess, it will not be a good move for Fiverr as it will irritate Buyers. 🙂

Fiverr uses the line -

Browse - Buy - Done

As you might guess, it will not be a good move for Fiverr as it will irritate Buyers. 🙂

it will not be a good move for Fiverr as it will irritate Buyers.

Yep you are right. But then going with cancellation and all that mess, this step is better for both of buyers and sellers. Almost 90% of buyers donot read the description and pricing details and place the order. Then either they order something that is not offered in the gig or they dont agree on pricing, in both cases the order is cancelled. So I think this step needs to be introduced. Because if you tell the buyers almost billion times to contact or discuss before placing order, they will never do that. At least we sellers need one thing to be in favor of us. 🙂

Yep you are right. But then going with cancellation and all that mess, this step is better for both of buyers and sellers. Almost 90% of buyers donot read the description and pricing details and place the order. Then either they order something that is not offered in the gig or they dont agree on pricing, in both cases the order is cancelled. So I think this step needs to be introduced. Because if you tell the buyers almost billion times to contact or discuss before placing order, they will never do that. At least we sellers need one thing to be in favor of us. 🙂

We have discussed it elsewhere, some users would like to be messaged beforehand, and some not. You could make it optional for your gigs, to be able to reject an offer. It will drive buyers that genuinely need something quickly into the hands of the other sellers. It will cost you some business, but that might be worth it for some.

Almost 90% of buyers donot read the description and pricing details and place the order.

I don’t at all agree with the Stat above.

It’s just 10% or less than that.

If buyers are ordering the wrong gig then it means that the seller has done the same mistake as the buyer. If the gig description and pricing is properly written, then there will be no confusion at all.

Because if you tell the buyers almost billion times to contact or discuss before placing order, they will never do that. At least we sellers need one thing to be in favor of us.

There is the “Resolution Centre” for that and it is confirmed by the Fiverr CS that mutual cancellations doesn’t affect the rankings and if the buyer is not responding to the dispute, the CS can also cancel the order without affecting you rankings on such cases.

Almost 90% of buyers donot read the description and pricing details and place the order.

I don’t at all agree with the Stat above.

It’s just 10% or less than that.

If buyers are ordering the wrong gig then it means that the seller has done the same mistake as the buyer. If the gig description and pricing is properly written, then there will be no confusion at all.

Because if you tell the buyers almost billion times to contact or discuss before placing order, they will never do that. At least we sellers need one thing to be in favor of us.

There is the “Resolution Centre” for that and it is confirmed by the Fiverr CS that mutual cancellations doesn’t affect the rankings and if the buyer is not responding to the dispute, the CS can also cancel the order without affecting you rankings on such cases.

Well may be you wont agree but it happen with me almost all the time. and they I again guide them toward my gig description and then they go for cancellation. I would love this feature to be added. May be they should make it optional for the users like if somebody wants to use it they can, and if someone dont want, they can simply avoid. That would be good enough.

Fiverr uses the line -

Browse - Buy - Done

Good opinion, i like it

Fiverr uses the line -

Browse - Buy - Done

• 2 months later...

Fiverr uses the line -

Browse - Buy - Done

As you might guess, it will not be a good move for Fiverr as it will irritate Buyers

Let’s be honest what would irritate buyers more; cancellations made after committing money and potentially time to an order that may not get completed, or placing an order and getting a “no thanks” and that way no cancellations show on a buyers record and no issues with “buyer request fell outside the boundaries of the gig conditions”

thoughts anyone?

As you might guess, it will not be a good move for Fiverr as it will irritate Buyers

Let’s be honest what would irritate buyers more; cancellations made after committing money and potentially time to an order that may not get completed, or placing an order and getting a “no thanks” and that way no cancellations show on a buyers record and no issues with “buyer request fell outside the boundaries of the gig conditions”

thoughts anyone?

Let’s be honest, both your options are same. The buyer will commit time and money in both the cases.

Let’s be honest, both your options are same. The buyer will commit time and money in both the cases.

Not necessarily. The option to have a seller accept/decline would be the option to trigger payment. A customer can place orders until the cows come home however wouldn’t be charged until the seller accepted.

Sellers should have visible option to choose from for his gig:

1. The buyer can start the order without contact
  2. The buyer can’t order without contacting seller first. He is referred to contact seller in Inbox instead of starting the order by himself.

And that’s it.

I am having troubles with buyers starting orders and then ask questions. In 99% of these situations they cancel those mostly $5 orders for various reasons, never because of me. Addressing to Fiverr for this issue many times gave no results so far.

Not necessarily. The option to have a seller accept/decline would be the option to trigger payment. A customer can place orders until the cows come home however wouldn’t be charged until the seller accepted.

The option to have a seller accept/decline would be the option to trigger payment. A customer can place orders until the cows come home however wouldn’t be charged until the seller accepted.

If a buyer needed something within a few days and they send potential offers to a few sellers in case someone declines, it’s possible all the sellers will accept and then the buyer would be charged for all of those orders.

While I do think there could be a way to have some optional way for sellers to have an account that doesn’t accept orders without an official agreement, it isn’t something very simply done.

The option to have a seller accept/decline would be the option to trigger payment. A customer can place orders until the cows come home however wouldn’t be charged until the seller accepted.

If a buyer needed something within a few days and they send potential offers to a few sellers in case someone declines, it’s possible all the sellers will accept and then the buyer would be charged for all of those orders.

While I do think there could be a way to have some optional way for sellers to have an account that doesn’t accept orders without an official agreement, it isn’t something very simply done.

I see your point, however if a buyer was putting multiple orders through as a form of Request For Tender then they would usually message first. One would think (although I could be way off base) that if a buyer clicks the “Buy” button the intent is that they specifically want that buyer and that service.

You’re right there is no easy fix, on a technical or professional level. I do however agree with it on principle as a mutually beneficial way to keep the community in harmony.

Archived