Why your seller delivered early

fastcopywriter

There’s a few misconceptions among some buyers who think getting something in 5-hours or 20-hours when they were supposed to get it in 3 or 7 days is a problem, so let me give your a seller’s rationale for early deliveries.

1. The time it takes us to complete an order depends on the complexity of the order. If it takes an article writer 30 minutes to write a blog, it will take him the same time whether you pay for 24/hour delivery or 5-day delivery.

2. Just because work was delivered early doesn’t mean it was rushed. The only way you can suspect the work was rushed is if you find a ton of spelling mistakes and the quality is really bad. Even then, for some gigs the quality is extremely subjective. The logo you hate might be loved by someone else. An early delivery also gives you time to ask for revisions without the seller seeing that annoying “late” warning.

3. The sooner we deliver, the sooner an order gets marked as complete, the sooner we get paid. Waiting for money to clear is a bit of a hassle, I’d rather see 10 orders clearing on one day than one order everyday.

4. Not everyone is interested in building a queue. While seeing people in line can drive up some sales, other sellers are happy getting recent reviews.

5. Your seller is bored because he had a slow day. Or he’s trying to do a lot of work so he doesn’t have to do anything the next day.

In the end, an early delivery is better than a late delivery or no delivery or endless postponement. Just remember not to engage in pre-order conversation unless you really have to.

If you have an 85,000 word thesis and need a proofreader, that might be a case for a pre-order conversation, unless you find a gig for that job and a seller that doesn’t insist on it. But if you need a logo and your logo seller only has 1 person in his queue, chances are he or she has time to take care of you without you asking if he or she is busy or if they do logos. So please keep pre-order messaging to a minimum, this only delays you, and it delays us in getting paid.

I felt that the more the gig delivery time is, the more the account performance of seller gets affected negatively. This is what I perceived while serving monthly server management gig, which I can deliver only after 29 days, and not earlier. Correct me if I am wrong.

-k

Long ago, I got a horrible review for delivering an order 10 minutes after it was made. Since then, I force myself to wait 3-5 hours if I’m in a hurry to get work done.

Pre-Order conversations may or may not apply for ALL types gigs.

The ones that do, they are quite necessary.

Most pre-order conversations are just annoying, the only reason I handle them with care is because they can have terrible consequences if you don’t.

99% of time they’re just wasting time. Some buyers have this fear that if you don’t respond every message, you’re not interested or active.

I look at your gig:

[Detail removed by request]

Now if you’re talking about your $100 or $200 package, that might require a message.

However, for a simple gig like

I Will Resize, CrOP Or Change The ReSOLUTION Of Your Images

Why should I message? It’s just $5, I have the image, why delay my order and your delivery?

Now, if the reason you want messages is because you don’t do orders with alcohol or adult content, why not just say it in the gig description? That will prevent uncomfortable situations of you having to open up files that offend you.

Anyway, that’s my view.

Most pre-order conversations are just annoying, the only reason I handle them with care is because they can have terrible consequences if you don’t.

99% of time they’re just wasting time. Some buyers have this fear that if you don’t respond every message, you’re not interested or active.

I look at your gig:

[Detail removed by request]

Now if you’re talking about your $100 or $200 package, that might require a message.

However, for a simple gig like

I Will Resize, CrOP Or Change The ReSOLUTION Of Your Images

Why should I message? It’s just $5, I have the image, why delay my order and your delivery?

Now, if the reason you want messages is because you don’t do orders with alcohol or adult content, why not just say it in the gig description? That will prevent uncomfortable situations of you having to open up files that offend you.

Anyway, that’s my view.

Hey man, appreciate that you bothered to take a look at my gigs.

But can you please remove the DETAILS from your post? Thanks.

Hey man, appreciate that you bothered to take a look at my gigs.

But can you please remove the DETAILS from your post? Thanks.

I can’t, the post was hidden. Don’t know why. How can we talk without getting specific? Without using actual examples? What better examples than your own gigs?

Either way, if I had a picture that needed to be manipulated, and the seller has a gig dedicated to that, I’m not going to message him. I’m going to order. Why is that wrong? Why would any seller want me to message him first?

If it’s fear of Fiverr hurting your ranking over cancellations, that’s a problem Fiverr needs to fix. Honestly, I’d rather risk my ranking than waste my time. Every ordered delivered successfully improves your ranking anyway, so it balances out in the end.

I can’t, the post was hidden. Don’t know why. How can we talk without getting specific? Without using actual examples? What better examples than your own gigs?

Either way, if I had a picture that needed to be manipulated, and the seller has a gig dedicated to that, I’m not going to message him. I’m going to order. Why is that wrong? Why would any seller want me to message him first?

If it’s fear of Fiverr hurting your ranking over cancellations, that’s a problem Fiverr needs to fix. Honestly, I’d rather risk my ranking than waste my time. Every ordered delivered successfully improves your ranking anyway, so it balances out in the end.

that’s a problem Fiverr needs to fix.

and until that, we need to find a way for that as the ratings disturbed are ours, not fiverr’s. So we will be the ones affected by it. Personally I would like to be contacted first then order as I make videos, there are some tricky scripts which are hard to be drawn. Also there are some content on which, I am not comfortable to work on. Also there are people who order a $5 for 400 words. in any case, I go for cancellation which of course hurt me, not the buyer.

that’s a problem Fiverr needs to fix.

and until that, we need to find a way for that as the ratings disturbed are ours, not fiverr’s. So we will be the ones affected by it. Personally I would like to be contacted first then order as I make videos, there are some tricky scripts which are hard to be drawn. Also there are some content on which, I am not comfortable to work on. Also there are people who order a $5 for 400 words. in any case, I go for cancellation which of course hurt me, not the buyer.

The only fair solution I can think so is that buyers should read the gig description and act accordingly. If the seller asks to be contacted, contact him. If she doesn’t, don’t.

Read everything, including the FAQ, before asking anything. I would also like to disable the messaging feature. After all, there are times we can’t contact buyers, but buyers can always contact us unless we report them as spam.

The only fair solution I can think so is that buyers should read the gig description and act accordingly. If the seller asks to be contacted, contact him. If she doesn’t, don’t.

Read everything, including the FAQ, before asking anything. I would also like to disable the messaging feature. After all, there are times we can’t contact buyers, but buyers can always contact us unless we report them as spam.

buyers should read the gig description

Trust me, I did everything and they never does that. NEVER NEVER And I repeat NEVER. I even offered discounts for those who contact before order still nothing worked.

Check these.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum 84484_1.png

Another Cancellation and Order completion% is descending

Borat is Kazakh, I know, but both the countries in question ends with "STAN", so same difference... ?

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

There should be a petition

Hi Kehkishan here Appeal: Buyers placing orders without discussing it first. Fiverr should close this option. how about signing this petition? As buyer place 5$ quotation for 50$ work and there is no way to stop them. I'm receiving direct orders...

Reading time: 7 mins ? Likes: 55 ❤

I call BULL on the no pre-order. Most of the gigs I have ordered are videos.

I ask questions BEFORE ordering, to be sure the seller is comfortable doing.

Oh so many sellers are not specific on what they won’t do.

Obviously most sellers wont sacrifice a baby to my god asking for my god to bless me with financial gains in my investments and film it for a gig.

However, If I want to create www.donaldtrumpisagod.com and ask a video seller to create a gig description saying donald trump is good because…(whatever) and this video seller is a Clinton supporter, I can clarify things BEFORE ordering and seller having to cancel the order.

The example above is just one example of things, there are other examples.

There are female video spokespersons who will not do videos in bikinis or dating sites.

However I think clarifying something before ordering is BETTER than me ordering and getting a cancellation. That way, if seller 123 does not feel comfortable doing it, I can go to seller 124.

I call BULL on the no pre-order. Most of the gigs I have ordered are videos.

I ask questions BEFORE ordering, to be sure the seller is comfortable doing.

Oh so many sellers are not specific on what they won’t do.

Obviously most sellers wont sacrifice a baby to my god asking for my god to bless me with financial gains in my investments and film it for a gig.

However, If I want to create www.donaldtrumpisagod.com and ask a video seller to create a gig description saying donald trump is good because…(whatever) and this video seller is a Clinton supporter, I can clarify things BEFORE ordering and seller having to cancel the order.

The example above is just one example of things, there are other examples.

There are female video spokespersons who will not do videos in bikinis or dating sites.

However I think clarifying something before ordering is BETTER than me ordering and getting a cancellation. That way, if seller 123 does not feel comfortable doing it, I can go to seller 124.

If I can’t do a job, I refund it. That takes me less time than answering your questions and waiting for you to order.

Besides, some gig descriptions tell you “no politics,” so then you know that seller doesn’t do it.

P.S. When I get hired, I try to forget about who I am because it’s not about me, it’s about the client. There are times I might feel uncomfortable, I’m not a fan of MLM’s, but my job is to help my client advertise his product, I’m not responsible for how his target audience reacts.

buyers should read the gig description

Trust me, I did everything and they never does that. NEVER NEVER And I repeat NEVER. I even offered discounts for those who contact before order still nothing worked.

Check these.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum 84484_1.png

Another Cancellation and Order completion% is descending

Borat is Kazakh, I know, but both the countries in question ends with "STAN", so same difference... ?

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

There should be a petition

Hi Kehkishan here Appeal: Buyers placing orders without discussing it first. Fiverr should close this option. how about signing this petition? As buyer place 5$ quotation for 50$ work and there is no way to stop them. I'm receiving direct orders...

Reading time: 7 mins ? Likes: 55 ❤

There are times it feels that people do the opposite of what you tell them on purpose, but that’s Fiverr.

I read the cancellation thread you posted. A commenter wonders why do we worry so much about our completion rate, and she has a point.

5 orders without refunds = 100%

10 orders with 2 refunds = 80%

Yet 8 orders probably make you a lot more money than 5, and as long as the completion rate is dynamic, as long as it can go up, it won’t matter.

There are times it feels that people do the opposite of what you tell them on purpose, but that’s Fiverr.

I read the cancellation thread you posted. A commenter wonders why do we worry so much about our completion rate, and she has a point.

5 orders without refunds = 100%

10 orders with 2 refunds = 80%

Yet 8 orders probably make you a lot more money than 5, and as long as the completion rate is dynamic, as long as it can go up, it won’t matter.

as long as the completion rate is dynamic, as long as it can go up, it won’t matter.

well then you didnt thoroughly read it. This was my answer when she asked, why are we so obsessed with it and that is just shown to us, not the buyer.

Why is my Order Completion Rate important?

Keeping a strong Order Completion rate is important because completing as many orders as possible is the way to gain revenue, build relationships with buyers, and grow your business. It is one way for you to track the quality of the service you’re providing on Fiverr, and can also be a factor that influences your Gig’s position in search rankings.

If this is what order completion percent is, yes I do care about it and I dont want my gig to go down in search results.

as long as the completion rate is dynamic, as long as it can go up, it won’t matter.

well then you didnt thoroughly read it. This was my answer when she asked, why are we so obsessed with it and that is just shown to us, not the buyer.

Why is my Order Completion Rate important?

Keeping a strong Order Completion rate is important because completing as many orders as possible is the way to gain revenue, build relationships with buyers, and grow your business. It is one way for you to track the quality of the service you’re providing on Fiverr, and can also be a factor that influences your Gig’s position in search rankings.

If this is what order completion percent is, yes I do care about it and I dont want my gig to go down in search results.

For a few days now, my #1 gig has been in the first row of Avg. Customer Reviews. I have 1282 Reviews as of right now on that gig alone. My two first row competitors, on the center and left, have 608 reviews and 164. This in spite of them charging $5 and me charging $10 for the lowest package.

My order completion rate is 87%.

So what does this shows us? It shows that you can succeed even with clients that demand refunds. Maybe the 100% completion rate is just a dream, an ideal, that few can get, and even if you got it, I’m realizing now that I would rather have 87% with many orders than 100% with 10.

In the end, each seller has to find something that works. So I hope you’re getting enough orders, and I hope the time you spend on each order is worth it. For me, it is. I may not be proofreading 87,000 word documents or writing 10 e-mails for $100, but I’m making decent money.

For a few days now, my #1 gig has been in the first row of Avg. Customer Reviews. I have 1282 Reviews as of right now on that gig alone. My two first row competitors, on the center and left, have 608 reviews and 164. This in spite of them charging $5 and me charging $10 for the lowest package.

My order completion rate is 87%.

So what does this shows us? It shows that you can succeed even with clients that demand refunds. Maybe the 100% completion rate is just a dream, an ideal, that few can get, and even if you got it, I’m realizing now that I would rather have 87% with many orders than 100% with 10.

In the end, each seller has to find something that works. So I hope you’re getting enough orders, and I hope the time you spend on each order is worth it. For me, it is. I may not be proofreading 87,000 word documents or writing 10 e-mails for $100, but I’m making decent money.

Yes you are right. At the end each seller has to find something that works and for me, I need a step to accept an order or not OR i need buyers to contact me first.

Yes you are right. At the end each seller has to find something that works and for me, I need a step to accept an order or not OR i need buyers to contact me first.

Maybe Fiverr should give us a way to reject an order without hurting our completion rate and ranking. Because messages aren’t the solution for everyone, one of my competitor has 25 orders in his queue, I cannot imagine he has time for 25 messages plus back and forth. I knew a TRS who spent 1-hour a day just messaging with potential buyers, that’s time we’re working without making money.

Archived