Fiverr Forum

$1 Fee?

Hello,

I tried to order a gig and it asked for $1 fee. Why?

I hate this. You need to manage your expenses better way instead of increasing fees. No more order.

Bye, then.

Terms of Service: “Processing fees are added at the time of purchase where a buyer can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover payment processing and administrative fees. As of July 2016 the current fees assessed to the total purchase amount are $1 on purchases up to $20 and 5% on purchases above $20. When purchasing from your seller’s balance (i.e. out of your earned revenues) or buyer’s shopping balance (resulting from any credits or refunds) you will not be charged a processing fee. Funds returned to your balance from cancelled orders will not include processing fees paid.”

This is outrageous. I just ordered a gig, and almost backed out. It’s going to be my last though. I know a lot of people (including myself) made noise the last time they tacked on 50 cents. That was 10 percent, but we kept ordering anyway. Now it’s 20 percent. Sorry, but you’re not Sotheby’s, and you’re not offering anything I can’t find elsewhere. Hey, I’m not stupid enough not to know that if they get away with this, they’ll keep doing it! Question; When does a fiverr become a tenner, you greedy jerks?

Administrator Note: While airing opinions is fine, outright name-calling of other users or Fiverr staff is considered a violation of the spirit and letter of the forum rules. Please do not do this again. You can state your grievances without name-calling.

There is nothing wrong with Fiverr charging a fee for providing their freelance services on their own website. Fiverr needs to maintain this website, and maintenance usually costs money. A $1 order fee for all orders under $20 will not break the bank.

You’re complaining because Fiverr charges an order fee to cover the costs of you using their service? How is this different than any other business?

Good luck wherever else you choose to do your business.

It’s 20% only if you never buy anything above $5. If you place a $20 order (or buy anything above $20), the processing fee is 5%.