10 Tips for Choosing the Best Graphic Designer in Fiverr

nadeera0v0

It may feel a little bit intimidating to hire a graphic designer if you don’t know much about the design industry, but finding the best possible candidate isn’t simply a question of talent. You’ll likely hear from several applicants who have the design skills to deliver solid results, so don’t get too hung up on what you don’t know. Instead, focus on finding a candidate who is easy to work with, finds creative solutions to design problems, and shows that they’re committed to your project’s success.

Here are ten additional tips to help you choose the best graphic designer

1: BE CLEAR WITH YOUR GOALS & EXPECTATIONS
2: KNOW WHAT TYPES OF SKILLS TO LOOK FOR
3: SEE HOW CANDIDATES THINK ON THEIR FEET
4: DON’T RELY ON PORTFOLIOS ALONE
5: CONSIDER A TRIAL PROJECT TO START
6: REQUEST A SHORT VIDEO CHAT INTERVIEW
7: ASK WHAT WILL BE REQUIRED FROM YOU
8: EXPLAIN YOUR BRAND & TARGET AUDIENCE CLEARLY
9: LOOK FOR RELEVANT INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
10: TALK ABOUT THE DESIGNER’S INSPIRATIONS

Do you have any more specific tips? Like for #2, what are the types of skills to look for? For #3, how would I check how candidates would think on their feet? For #4, what else should I look at other than the portfolio?

I think by skill the OP means style. Like what style do you want your logo to emulate? For example: flat, type only, calligraphic, funky, retro, classic, etc.

Thinking their feet probably refers to making changes as requested within a short time frame.

Looking outside of portfolio examples is possibly associated with #5 where you could request a paid sample from said seller to see if they’re vision for the logo design is the same as yours.

I would say that “Sorry, I am overbooked. You can try out another seller.” if the buyer explains/asks all these to me. (Unless the order is something more than $100 and note the all) 😏

I have to agree with @taverr here. You’re not hiring an agency to work on your $5000 project.

Steps like video chat, trial project, and testing if a seller can think on their feet will drive away most good sellers. It’s not because that can’t do it, it’s just that they don’t have time for it.

as i can see from your profile you are pretty new seller here, trust me , after 8/9 months . even you wont follow those step.
lots of inquiries just make confusion, i have seen lots of time. buyer ask lots of things then i make something exact same then did not like, then i make something that totally different and they blown away when they see the design,keep it simple. only thing buyer need to do is give the company name and business background (sometime little guideline if that is mandatory for them to add on design) thats it! if they choose the right designer. outcome will be always great!

To anyone considering asking all these questions - If you want sellers to actually take you seriously then you should pay the seller $15-25 for a consultation, aside from any fee for creating a logo.
This was the approach I took with a seller recently and it worked well. Even though I didn’t order from that seller in the end, the consultation cleared up my ideas and focused on what I wanted. I paid them for their time and left a positive review because they clearly knew what they were doing.

If you are looking at spending less than $20 for a logo then basically, you should take whatever you get as long as it’s ok in terms of copyright and resembles what you asked for.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the trial project suggestion (#5). This is an especially good idea if you’re trying to get a logo done. By choosing a smaller, less important project for the seller to work on first, you will be able to see how well you work together. You’ll also know quickly if the seller will be able to meet your expectations when it comes time to get your logo done.

Archived