14 Days for Funds to Clear

ablecontent

Good day fellow Fiverrians,
Have you ever thought Fiverr is unfair? You need to read this before trying to crucify me for saying Fiverr is unfair.

Fiverr charges seller 20% of his/her earning after a buyer marks an order complete. Not only the seller is charged but the buyer also pay some certain charges when they place an order.

In my own opinion, I think the fund should only take seven days to clear when a buyer marks the order complete while for TRS should be 7 hours pay out. Because for the buyer to mark an order complete and also leave a feedback means: he/she is satisfied with delivery.

Fiverr can retain her 14 days pay out for No Level Seller… What do you think?

I’ve been around here for 5+ years, and this has always been something sellers have asked about. I doubt it’s going to change unless Fiverr decides doing so would be in its best interests as a business.

You should have been around when they switched from the thumbs up/thumbs down system to the current star system and then did an overhaul of the review system. Huge upheaval and unrest within the seller community. Waiting two weeks for payment is paltry compared to that mess.

So I would suggest just planning around the waiting period, and don’t count that income in your budget as available funds until it is actually available. 😉

Do you know that to get online financial platforms like Payoneer and PayPal to partner with a business platform like Fiverr, there must be a refund policy in place? The 14days and seven days withdrawal time are one of such policies for Fiverr. Well, it’s a matter of rules. People and businesses make rules just the way it suits their activities or businesses. And this one here is one of such cases. In my opinion, I will say, just take it as it is and move on.

The issue you raised is one of the things that has been bordering me overtime, this is not just cool to me, i hope Fiverr could take time and look into this to help better lives for freelancers out there.

Regardless, God Bless Fiverr they had been such a huge blessing ever since i started my career with them.

Do you know that to get online financial platforms like Payoneer and PayPal to partner with a business platform like Fiverr, there must be a refund policy in place? The 14days and seven days withdrawal time are one of such policies for Fiverr. Well, it’s a matter of rules. People and businesses make rules just the way it suits their activities or businesses. And this one here is one of such cases. In my opinion, I will say, just take it as it is and move on.

Definitely. Fiverr has to cover themselves.

I used to think that Fiverr was really bad for this – and to be fair, 14 days is a fairy long time – but compared to other sites (such as Upwork for example) Fiverr is quite decent (there’s no monthly membership fee for sellers, you don’t have to pay to send offers to buyers… etc)

Actually, I see it as an upside. This way, I don’t spend all my hard earned money in once. I get time to reflect on what to do with it, if anything. But I guess it depends on relying on Fiverr as your sole income or not. Something I would not recommend anyway. If it is just one of your main income streams, surely the 14 day waiting period wouldn’t really matter that much. If you work for a boss in a regular job, most of the time (in many countries) you will have to wait an entire month to receive your income. This should not be disregarded as perspective.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Thanks for this fantastic context. I’m not sure why people make such a fuss over the two week hold. It’s not a long time at all and makes total sense on Fiverr’s part. As you say, it’s much shorter than other freelance opportunities, plus much less bureaucracy and administration to deal with!

I love your Scrooge McDuck reference by the way. I loved him growing up!

Archived