19 Years old and Made $30k on Fiverr!

acentius

Now you might be thinking, who, what, where, when, why, HOW?

I think the main success factor was offering a service which was not offered by many at the time. I was offering business plans for $5, where another seller was offering it as well. So, buyers only really had one option. I believe that at that point by UPS was my proficiency in English and quality work, while the other seller offered a larger quantity and turn around time.

After developing a positive reputation, it was time to increase sales and offer more services. Before my 19th birthday, I had made $20k on Fiverr by working day and night for a year!

I’ve been using Fiverr since September 2014, and have currently made $30k serving about 2000 customers. A lot of hard work, and QUALITY work, really pays off! I’ve paid off all my university fees, and plan to graduate in the fall with a degree in Business Management. I’ll be planning on buying my own car in cash before my 21st birthday!

I’ve written a few eBooks regarding my success here on Fiverr (available on **** *) to provide a bunch (over a THOUSAND) gig ideas and more information on how I achieved my success and how others can too!

This has been such a wonderful experience, and it can only get better. Can’t wait for the day to be a TOP RATED seller! 🙂

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It just goes to show… if you work hard, and provide something of value, you’ll be successful. Keep working Fiverr, and use that to set yourself up to start your own business. I graduated with a degree in business management back in 2005. That was the perfect time to work on starting a business. Now that I have a wife and two kids, it’s a bit harder. Still doable… but harder with other people depending on my success. It just means my risk tolerance can’t be as high… Keep working hard, and shoot for the stars! Sounds like you’re well on your way!

Great Job Buddy … I have Joined Fiverr 2 Years ago and also Earned very good amount … I will be 26 tomorrow … and have already Bought CAR and a New Office … and working Hard , so i can Go on a World Tour Before I turn 27 … Cheers to Your Story… Keep it up Your Great work …

Your gigs are so different from the usual, and yet very successful. Creating pitch decks for $50? Brilliant. Those Wall Street people can probably afford $100, $200, but for $50 they’re more likely to buy.

I also like “I will create an investor ready executive summary.” Very original.

The gig about your Fiverr profits book needs a different gig title in my opinion, something that suggest what the book is about.

Personally, I don’t like selling books on Fiverr because even though the immediate profit is higher than Amazon (where ebooks sell for $0.99), there’s a danger of people stealing your book, changing the title and selling it elsewhere. That’s what happened to one of my books that I used to sell as a gig extra. However, that’s your prerogative. It’s funny that on Fiverr people will pay $5 for a book but on Amazon they think that’s too expensive.

A new car costs $10k to $30k in India. (I have had my car since college 15 years ago, you can see it on my gig picture). We get paid in dollars. By the way I’m amazed at the things people do with their Fiverr money…the only thing I do is send it to my bank account and make ultra-safe investments that give me a 7-8% return. My goal is to have an above average income even without Fiverr, and I think I’ve achieved that. So just chilling on Fiverr and enjoying every article I write without any great expectations or pressure 🙂

7-8% returns is magnificent. I’m getting 5% returns and I’m very diversified with dividend paying stocks.

A new car in America will cost you at least $15,000. So I guess the prices aren’t that different, of course, Fiverr is my only job so saving to buy a car is rather difficult. I also have to consider what’s more important, money in the bank by driving an old car or spending all my savings and getting a new car? I think the former is more important, and to be honest, I don’t drive that much.

A lot of people have expressed a similar sentiment. “The Millionaire Next Door” tells story of people that don’t look like millionaires but are millionaires. One example is the guy that only makes $50,000 a year but is worth a million thanks to smart decisions he made in the past.

Others might be driving an old truck, wearing old suits, but when they need their taxes done they go to the best accountant who is probably the most expensive. They understand where to be cheap and where to spend the max.

Personally, I try to set money aside every month, I just don’t know what to spend it on, so for now I’m saving it.

Yeah, a lot of us spend because we think we are expected to than because we need to. When you give up the need to impress people or stop worrying about what people think or say about you and do only what is in your long term interest - that is real freedom, and that’s how you become financially independent. I have noticed many young people desperate to prove to others that they are successful, and because of this they put a lot of pressure on themselves, end up taking on debt and being completely reliant on a job.

That is so true. So many are jealous of others for the car they drive or the clothes they wear, yet I guarantee them that if they rented a Lamborghini for a day and drove in a popular neighborhood, nobody would care. In fact, some people might laugh and suspect the person is a d-bag trying to impress the ladies.

Real confidence doesn’t come from the things we buy but the things we do. Impressing others is not in my list of things I want to do. Ironically, a lot of millennials have a great desire for fame, many don’t care how they get it, they don’t have a particular talent like PewDiePie or Justin Bieber, but they wish to be celebrities.

Archived