1st Time BUYER - tell me how this works please?

ladywanderer

Ok, so I have never done the fiver thing before. I contacted the seller via the message thing on his page that I thought could do my logo. I knew it would be more than the $5 advertised. So I sent a link to a webpage that had they style/type of drawing that I wanted. I attached pix of my dogs so he would know what they looked like to help define and color in the cartoon for each breed. Stated what I wanted was more than $5 as it was lots of colors etc. Said it would be $20 per dog. I have NO problem with the price, I sent a few more emails asking a couple more questions to make sure the $80 was the only charge as there was a world with a ribbon and my site name on it too to be put in the logo, not just dogs. I sent another note asking if the site automatically figured out the charges I need to pay, when he wanted the funds either before or after the draft is drawn, if he sends a rough draft sketch for me to approve before he adds all the colors and that I wanted the copyright. I told him I was new to the fiverr thing and have not heard back from him since he first replied telling me $20 per dog and I sent him a couple of emails after that.

I just need to know if I am doing this right? I wanted to be sure the artist could do what I wanted,to know all the costs up front, what his procedure was as far as my approving his work and when and how to pay him. I don’t mind paying, but… I don’t want to be ripped off and not get a drawing that I approve of.

So… how long do I wait for him to contact me back before I see if I can find someone else to do the drawing I want done?

Plus how do you pay someone if the cost is more than $5 or their extra things they have posted. is contacting them and talking to them before you place the order the right thing to do?

I am an older person and this stuff is all new to me, so yes… I don’t know what I am doing. But I do have a good idea of what I want drawn for me. 🙂

Thank you for your help.

Thanks Ang,

I looked and his style is very similar to the drawings I like. He had good feedback and is level 2. I am just concerned that he didn’t come back and answer my questions even though I haven’t put in an order yet. I wasn’t sure how he wanted it put in to be honest since it was a lot more money than the $5 and it was things other than what the other boxes with monetary amounts in them indicated. I didn’t want to screw up what I was paying for by indicating I wanted something that I didnt’ in order to make the monetary amount right.

Oh I would never cancel an order after I got what I paid for, even if it wasn’t exactly what I was wanting. The man did the work, so he should be paid. That isn’t right.

So I would order multiples of $5 gigs until I got up to the amount of money that should be paid for my art? I have to get a total before I could do that. Like I said he gave me a price per dog, but not for the world with my name on it. So… I am still kinda well how much would it be. 🙂 I am old and my mind doesn’t work along the same reasoning as young computer savvy folks do. 🙂

Thank you so much for your advice it does help. I am thinking I may look around and see if I can find someone else who would be willing to do the drawing. 🙂

hugs,

Wander

Reply to @madmoo:

Thanks. I won’t let it stop me. I will find an artist willing to do the drawing for me. 🙂 I did send him several messages. If he can’t be bothered to reply to messages, then he lost my business. Which is his loss as if I had liked what he did for me, then he would have some repeat business as I have a lot of other drawings I have in mind to put on my website. :wink: So I will keep looking for an artist who is willing to put my ideas onto paper in the style I like. 🙂

Thanks again for your advice. HUGS,

Wander

Archived