$2,000 in one year, thanks Fiverr!

katecarlile

Almost exactly a year to the day when I sold my first gig, I am celebrating $2,000 here on Fiverr! With over 250 orders overall with a 98% rating, I’m very proud of how far I’ve come, the skills I’ve developed, and the prospects for the future as my gigs seem to become ever more popular with every passing week. As a seller, I’ve been all over the place, beginning with a fun but silly “Post comments on your facebook” gig, though before long I was offering graphic design gigs. These days, though, I am sticking with writing - It took a while, but I have found the area that my strengths are in. I never thought that I would be able to come this far on the site! So I would advise any would-be sellers to keep going - there was more than one occasion in my early days here where I almost closed my account!

So, what have I spent the money on? I’ve furnished my whole office/lounge room including a new sofa, I’ve bought countless parts for my classic VW Beetle - a W.I.P restoration job - and I’ve bought myself a whole wardrobe of clothes, more or less! Not only that, but I’ve met some great people and had great fun in my writing. So for those of you reading this who have just started offering their services; keep at it! Patience (and a little bit of hard work with a sprinkle of good luck) really does get you far on here.

Just thought I would share my story to encourage people to keep pushing!

Archived