2 weeks on Fiverr: no clicks, no orders

glowing_dee

Hi! I created my account about 2 weeks ago intending to develop gigs that offer personal advice. After browsing the categories I decided to post a translation gig as well, thinking that this service might be in demand. Now I have one translation gig and two advice gigs and they all seem to be getting about 15 impressions/week. However, I don’t have any clicks on either of them, let alone orders. I also just started a blog with the sole purpose of supporting my advice gigs. I thought of it as a place where potential buyers can catch a better glimpse of my approach before ordering. Needless to say, it is all for nothing if nobody is clicking on my gig.
Could you take a look at my gigs and give me an idea of what could be wrong?
Thank you for any help you can offer!

www.fiverr.com/glowing_dee

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 5 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views <-- with filters applied). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Specific to your gig, please see (IMG) point 2:

Introduction– This is not a list on how to make gigs. This is for gigs that are already made that are under-performing, need an overhaul, or just need somewhere to start for self-evaluation/education. It does contain a few general-information bits, and can help during gig creation, but that is neither the focus nor the intent. For more information on any of the following sections or points, please see ‘Other Resources’ under (RRD) at the end of this post. Sections: (TCT) Title, Category, and…

There are also a bunch of useful links in the (RRD) section.

No clicks is likely caused by thumb images that are not appealing.

You may want to check competition in your category and find what’s working now.

Bold text title could work, maybe your photo, authenticity,… Just an idea.

I thought it might be the photos, but I don’t know how I could change them. Maybe there are better options, however I don’t find my thumbs to be unappealing. Do you think they are?

For the translation gig I noticed that most of the other sellers have something similar to my image, meaning the flags of the countries and the languages involved. It’s pretty standard.

For advice gigs, again, most people use an image that represents the idea of love, help, friendship.

There are in both cases some sellers that use their own image (or at least they imply that it is their own), but I really wouldn’t like to post my photo, at least not at this moment.

Hello! I agree with @blavaro on the thumbnails. Also, have you been sharing your gigs on your social media too? Just another way to get more eyes on your gigs 🙂

I haven’t shared anything on social media yet. The thing is that I am not that into social media. I do have a FB account, but I don’t use it too often. Moreover, the people that would be seeing the shared gigs are from my country and would most certainly not be interested in what I offer on Fiverr. I might get a few views and that would be it, I don’t think I would ever get an order from my social media account.

Welcome to the Fiverr forums.

You only have 5 minutes of read-time shown in your forum profile. Check out the Tips For Sellers category (forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers/l/top/all?order=views <-- with filters applied). You’ll find hundreds of threads offering advice on a variety of things to consider and/or improve. (Note: Not all advice can apply to all gigs or categories. Be sure you check multiple sources as there are some false tips, even among the top threads.)

It takes a lot of work to make it as a freelancer, so be sure to research and plan accordingly.

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” (Attributed to Benjamin Franklin)

Specific to your gig, please see (IMG) point 2:

Introduction– This is not a list on how to make gigs. This is for gigs that are already made that are under-performing, need an overhaul, or just need somewhere to start for self-evaluation/education. It does contain a few general-information bits, and can help during gig creation, but that is neither the focus nor the intent. For more information on any of the following sections or points, please see ‘Other Resources’ under (RRD) at the end of this post. Sections: (TCT) Title, Category, and…

There are also a bunch of useful links in the (RRD) section.

I have read quite a lot on the subject and I really thought that my gigs were well structured. I know that the first ratings are going to help, but it seems to be taking forever to get there.

Hi! I created my account about 2 weeks ago intending to develop gigs that offer personal advice. After browsing the categories I decided to post a translation gig as well, thinking that this service might be in demand. Now I have one translation gig and two advice gigs and they all seem to be getting about 15 impressions/week. However, I don’t have any clicks on either of them, let alone orders. I also just started a blog with the sole purpose of supporting my advice gigs. I thought of it as a place where potential buyers can catch a better glimpse of my approach before ordering. Needless to say, it is all for nothing if nobody is clicking on my gig.

www.fiverr.com/glowing_dee

However, I don’t have any clicks on either of them, let alone orders. I also just started a blog with the sole purpose of supporting my advice gigs. I thought of it as a place where potential buyers can catch a better glimpse of my approach before ordering. Needless to say, it is all for nothing if nobody is clicking on my gig.

you are to much new, be patient,

try outside marketing such as facebook, blog, etc

Good luck

It can take some sellers months to get their first order.

As for the reason I directed you to (IMG) point 2:

This is what I see when I visit your profile. The top of the words are cut-off, which makes it look unprofessional.

Also, your icon is almost invisible at that size.

Thank you for the tip, I resized the image and now it fits. When looking at the gig everything seemed fine, but apparently in search it wasn’t looking as it should have.

Archived