20,000 Backlink - Zero PR, Why?

article_boss

I was wondering why some websites still don’t appear in Google’s first 5 pages even after purchasing several gigs that says they will provide “10,000, 20,000, 40,000 auto-approved backlinks”. No doubt some sellers do offer genuine backlink service, however, 10,000 and so on for a single gig seems to me as scam.

Buyers what have you gain from thousands of backlinks for 5 bucks?

Probably because Google knows these backlinks have little integrity.

Keep in mind that the reason backlinks are such a big deal is because it’s one of many indicators/signals that a site has relevant and popular content. Purchasing backlinks to get a better ranking is something Google is always trying to protect itself from as it’s a “manufactured” signal for relevancy vs. a real signal.

So now, Google knows when you are “link slumming.” They can simply look at all those backlinks, follow it back to the source, and if they determine that the destinations from that source are of low quality/relevance, they can depreciate how meaningful those links are.

Google has been tracking page and site performance too. Presumably from their browser search tool. They can tell the time on page, bounce rates, etc. So they know the behavior of anyone who follows these links… or… if the links just exist in the ether with nobody clicking.

These types of services were somewhat effective before the “Penquin” series of updates from Google a few years ago, and it’s just gotten more advanced since then. In fact, now Google can let you remove suspect backlinks as to not taint the integrity of your links. They had to. Some people were buying link services to sabotage the integrity of the competitions backlink profiles.

In short, if you take shortcuts… expect either no results or a potential penalty. And any success that might be possible, is likely short lived. Above all, remember, it’s one of Googles goals to identify such behavior and mitigate against any potential unfair advantage.

My 2 cents

tsweezey said: Probably because Google knows these backlinks have little integrity.

Keep in mind that the reason backlinks are such a big deal is because it's one of many indicators/signals that a site has relevant and popular content. Purchasing backlinks to get a better ranking is something Google is always trying to protect itself from as it's a "manufactured" signal for relevancy vs. a real signal.

So now, Google knows when you are "link slumming." They can simply look at all those backlinks, follow it back to the source, and if they determine that the destinations from that source are of low quality/relevance, they can depreciate how meaningful those links are.

Google has been tracking page and site performance too. Presumably from their browser search tool. They can tell the time on page, bounce rates, etc. So they know the behavior of anyone who follows these links... or... if the links just exist in the ether with nobody clicking.

These types of services were somewhat effective before the "Penquin" series of updates from Google a few years ago, and it's just gotten more advanced since then. In fact, now Google can let you remove suspect backlinks as to not taint the integrity of your links. They had to. Some people were buying link services to sabotage the integrity of the competitions backlink profiles.

In short, if you take shortcuts... expect either no results or a potential penalty. And any success that might be possible, is likely short lived. Above all, remember, it's one of Googles goals to identify such behavior and mitigate against any potential unfair advantage.

My 2 cents

In fact, your explanation is so amazing. I think i reason the same way, but needed to get people who know better in that field to contribute. I have been testing different backlink tools of late and found that majority of the authority sites doesn't allow automated backlink, and most of the sites that allow backlinks doesn't seem to have good reputation (mostly flooded with spam).

google wants a great experience for the searcher. They are going to catch anything that works against that. Provide high content with your reader in mind, make the internet a better place, natural organic growth is the only thing that lasts and converts. Google has documents on how to make your website better. Get providers to help you with each step. These are not easily buttons using tricky software.

Link buying no longer works as Google is stiffer with rules on quality content and better searchers experience, which most sites buying links don’t have.

If you must buy link, not advisable, you must make sure your site has quality and beneficial content for users.

So instead of buying links, I would rather you spend time and money on quality content and content marketing. These would give you natural backlinks that will last.

Backlinks work mostly with some black hat SEO techniques. To gain page rank (or these days, domain authority), it’s best to use white hat SEO, such as guest posting for other sites in a relevant niche, using LSI keywords in your site’s content that is unique, engaging, useful, and updated regularly…along with all your other onsite and SEO factors.

serasenterprise said: Backlinks work mostly with some black hat SEO techniques. To gain page rank (or these days, domain authority), it's best to use white hat SEO, such as guest posting for other sites in a relevant niche, using LSI keywords in your site's content that is unique, engaging, useful, and updated regularly...along with all your other onsite and SEO factors.

Hey,

are you sure guest posting still have effects in site ranking? I'm quite unsure because i read from Matt Cutts's (Google's head of Web Spam Team) blog early last year that Guest posting may soon be irrelevant in site ranking.

I have a site that ranks first in google in its own niche, the site has 3 backlinks while my rivals sites have thousands of spammy backlinks.

Of the 3 backlinks i have 2 are on sites that normally don’t trade, sell or allow external links in any form.

On the other hand sites with huge amounts of links can get all the traffic they need without even showing up in search engines.

mgjohn78 said: I have a site that ranks first in google in its own niche, the site has 3 backlinks while my rivals sites have thousands of spammy backlinks.

Of the 3 backlinks i have 2 are on sites that normally don't trade, sell or allow external links in any form.

On the other hand sites with huge amounts of links can get all the traffic they need without even showing up in search engines.

You have a point; huge backlinks can drive a lot of traffic to your site (If the anchor text make sense). Then again most of those backlinks doesn't worth a single click.

For instance, someone would say "wow! your blog is so amazing, thanks for this great post".

What would such backlink offer the site? Of course, Nothing. Good PR sites can not approve such comment, and those that approve it doesn't have anything to offer.

If a site could have 200 backlinks on PR 1 to 6, such website will rank high in no time.

Archived