Fiverr Forum

2020 Forum Plans (Community Input)

This is a great suggestion I agree with you @change_maker

2 Likes

I hope these things will make fiverr better.

1 Like

Great Idea. good for us.

It’s a really good initiative. :slight_smile:

Looks awesome , Hope to enjoy

Thank you for the update

Great Idea :smiley: :smiley:

its great concept, like it .

Hellooo Community.
I’m listing my issues/requests based on my past frustrations.
I pretty much gave up on the forum because I could never find actual answers/solutions to my issues when I needed them. The Community felt like the wild west to me with no easy-to-find fixes.
Hopefully some of these issues are long gone, but I just wanted to share:

Old/Dated information: I used to look up solutions and discussions to my issues, only to find that they were written 3 to 4 years prior and were no longer valid. Old information for previous versions or features should be hidden or separated to avoid confusion

The Effectiveness-level of Each Post: I think each post made for support/help should prominently indicate if it contains a solution or not. a simple SOLVED! or STILL WAITING tag could save lots of time end effort. If a SOLVED post exists, all related posts that are unsolved should contain a link or option to go directly to the solution.

Newbie Posts: Newbie Forum
There should be a separate newbie incubator forum that is moderated 24/7 because newer users seem to have the most questions and they require a different level of support.
All new-user posts and first time user/first sale posts should be relocated there.
That Forum should allow the new users to lean on the moderators and one another until they really know the ropes and have “graduated” to the forum of active users (demonstrated by reaching a sales milestone) Until they reach that number they should only have access to the regular forum with their moderator’s approval.
All new accounts should be linked to the newbie forum by default and they should finally gain access to the regular forum after X Sales with an announcement email just like when we change seller levels: “Congratulations, you have been added to the active user community.”

App Life:
Perhaps this already exists, but If there is part of the forum that deals with the Fiverr app, I have never seen it. I would love to have support with it. If there is a 3rd party that run the app that is not a part of Fiverr, there should be an interactive section or thread where we can communicate with them and share our feedback.

Just my 2 cents.Thanks for reading :grinning:

7 Likes

That old dated information can save your account on fiverr. It did for me when two weeks went by and I couldn’t withdraw my earnings.

I found out how to fix the problem on the forum from an old thread of two years before. Without that I would never have been able to find the solution to the technical problem. It was a problem with how fiverr and Paypal were unable to communicate.

So PLEASE fiverr do not delete old threads. They have answers sometimes to unusual problems that have no answers anywhere else.

The old threads can be an invaluable resource of information that anyone can use to research a problem to find answers.

13 Likes

Yes fiverr should do that

1 Like

This update will great for Fiverr Community :+1:

I will also suggest to not allow comments like “CONGRATS” or “Thanks for your suggestion” as they add nothing related to knowledge, they just waste our time, wanting to be ranked at the topmost in the forum by replying to their own posts.
This forum should be a place for learning and not wasting time

8 Likes

@mjensen415 its really great news for us, hope its help us to achieve our goal!

its really Great idea. Thanks

Great Idea " Category Refresh" and " Moderator Additions". I like it

Hey @mjensen415 !
Oh man I’ve been waiting for this thread forever LOL.
First off, I love Fiverr. Been with you guys forever. Fiverr is by far my favorite platform to give psychic readings on. I am very proud to work here. It gives me alot of flexibility to juggle law school and making money on the side.

Ideas:

1. Not sure if you guys still do this, but do you send out emails to customers every month or so about taking a look at similar gigs that they have purchased? For example, if someone buys a psychic reading from X, they might get an email a couple of weeks later about other similar psychic readings they may want to check out? I used to get told about these emails and they did really help boost sales in my opinion.

2. Have you guys reconsidered bringing back the feedback modification button yet? I think we’ve all run into some “not-so-easy-to-please” customers. I think a chance to talk to (but not coerce/pressure) the customer after they have left a negative review could help people, especially the newbies, to build good reviews. I feel the whole feedback/reviews system still has alot of grey areas to be honest. Alot of us are hesitant to even mention the words “reviews” and “feedback” for fear of getting in trouble. Maybe a set system of what you guys consider is negative feedback or harassment, abusive behavior, etc. would be neat.
    I DO like the review system that we have alot more now. I still remember back in the day when people would cry about the thumbs down/thumbs up system. I just feel the review system is less stressful than it was before. If I get a negative review now, I don’t feel bummed out as I did before in the past.

3. For some reason my Reiki gig got removed. I guess you guys won’t allow this anymore. Could you please let us bring back our Reiki healing gigs? This has helped alot of my customers out and brought in good income as well. Not sure why this was removed.
    Edit: I was told Reiki healing is still allowed. I just messaged support so maybe I can set up my Reiki healing gig again.

4. There are many gigs in the search engine that don’t really look active or just look really spammy/have super jarbled English and are placed very high on the search engine. While I don’t have anything against sellers who have poor english, etc. I feel these kind of gigs turn potential customers off. If I were to hop on a site with a bunch of gigs that have poor/jarbled English, it would drive me off the site. I just wouldn’t take the site very seriously. I feel as if some of these gigs should be sorted out to pave way for sellers who have good reviews, experience, and/or have polished/understandable gigs.

5. Maybe you guys can find out ways to help bring in more profit for us sellers. When we profit, the site profits.

That’s all I can think of for now lol.

6 Likes

It’s a great news for us. Hopefully, It may help us to achieve our goal.
Thanks,
@mjensen415

I think the thread is more asking for input about changes to the Fiverr forum rather than the main Fiverr site.

3 Likes

I understand, I just thought I’d throw in some extra input since he’s reading the thread lol.

2 Likes