Fiverr Forum

2020 Suggestion Document Feedback

Most of the banned users actually contributed a great deal to the community by offering tips and suggestions to fellow users when they run into issues. There are even times when they can phrase things in a way that will actually register with the persons asking for assistance. To top it off, a good bit of them are highly established fiverr sellers with a wealth of knowledge under their belts.

10 Likes

The document looks so good, All the suggestions are shorting out with status. Some of them are under maintenance, Some are completed and some of them don’t want to work form fiverr. It’s really amazing to see the status.

1 Like

I agree with you about the banned users, So they can contribute with us their knowledge.

3 Likes

Excellent document you have created, I like the part in whole is “Tips From Successful sellers: A separate category where only Top rated/Pro/Experienced sellers (minimum 2 years of Fiverr Experience) can post.

8 Likes

Add a TRS specific group

Matt,

You get cool points for adding a gif of Ricky Rozay Da Boss.:ok_hand:t4: :sunglasses:

Serious note: I glanced at the doc and so far so good. I’ll look over the document on my downtime. Happy to see that You/Fiverr is actively working on ironing out these issues. Imagine, if some or most of these things are implemented!? :star_struck::heart_eyes: Wowzers, the Forum would be a better place to be, better than Studio 54. :wink:

3 Likes

Re Permabans, I am in two minds about it.
On the one hand, it would reduce the “threat” of being banned from the forum which could see the impact of warnings reduced. It could also lead to a ridiculous situation where people are permabanned twice.

On the other hand, people change, people can miss the forum enough to be ok with toeing the line in future. There should obviously be a difference between someone who repeatedly broke minor rules etc and those who were sending obscene messages to other users etc, but my overall thinking is a that a review could take place after a year (or other specified time) if requested by the banned user and that would be decided by Staff rather than mods.

It would be important for other forum users to be aware that anyone coming back would likely need to behave a bit different to before and so trying to bring back the previous fun times (which got the user banned) would be a bad idea.

6 Likes

Some sellers who were banned were of the opinion that they were ok with it. They didn’t want to monitor/filter what they said. So it’s probably best not to try to bring them back.

I think it’s ok to have long lists of people simply saying “congratulations”. I had a thread I started like that and found it to be very rewarding. We can skip over threads we don’t like.

2 Likes

For sure, I don’t mean that everyone is just brought back, just that there is an avenue for them to request it if desired

4 Likes

The reason most were banned were due to being insulting to others. Or in at least one case continuing to post things political. They couldn’t stop doing these things. They won’t change. (I am quite fond of three of them that I miss.)

7 Likes

We had that years ago, but hardly anyone posted there.

2 Likes

So do I. Permanent bans are too extreme. A 30 day ban is usually enough.

4 Likes

I really liked the idea :blush:

1 Like

If you say it like that, indeed, multiple permabans would be ridiculous, however, dear forum Gods, a forum reset with clarification of rules and other changes could be an excellent point for an "amnesty”/review.

Not sure how many of the banned ones have really committed “unforgivable sins” that warrant 1000 years of forum suspension.

1 year IMO should suffice as the max ban in most cases, people can change a lot in a year (even forum rules, or main site rules and policies, at that, can change a lot in a year). Actual trolls probably also would have found other trolling grounds in the course of that year and if they do come back, and resume trolling, next 1-year ban.

For the probably very few cases in which users do really atrocious things

(like, I don’t even know, threaten other users and their families, plotting to get another user banned on the main site, purposefully try to destroy the community, ?, such things must be a rare occurrence here, but I’ve seen it all in other places, so)

by all means, have a perma-ban (100 years should suffice, though, assuming all forum users are humans and discobot :robot: is beyond any shadow of doubt, rule-breaking-wise; this might change at some point when we get AIs frequenting the forum :wink:).

Maybe a clear separate category for “Not Fiverr-Related Discussions” could help with a few issues too, then people who only want to read about and discuss Fiverr things, search for specific Fiverr-related info, etc., could just stay out of there and save their valuable time for doings, and people who want to look over the rim of the espresso cup once in a while, or just chat about dogs or whatever, could venture there (of course, that category would be subject to the forum rules, too).

Some people might argue that the Fiverr forum should only have Fiverr-related categories, and that would be fair enough, too, but all forums I frequent/ed, do have some “General Discussion” type of category or at least one such thread going, and those tend to belong to the most popular ones and to enliven the forums.

I’d also think about making only certain categories browsable without being logged in (like the FAQ, a revamped “My Fiverr Experience”/”Fiverr Stories” category with a bit more meat than “I made a sale and got a review. THE END”), and keep others (like a potential “General Not-Fiverr-related Discussion/Thread”, Ranting Pot, Improve my Gig) accessible only when logged in.

Looking forward to seeing how the “Working on it” and “On the list” items will pan out.

7 Likes

Nothing about Fiverr Learn?
Ok

1 Like

Regarding the permaban issue, I think the forum needs to face facts.

As far as I am aware, there are at least four independent forums and social media groups that have sprung up online, where a lot of Fiverr forum regulars and banned members now socialize freely every day.

People who use these forums like not having to worry about what they say because of ‘Big Brother’ Fiverr. They also like being able to socialize with who they want, while being free of hourly doses of "help, have got no sales, need tips."

The more active those independent forums and social media groups become, the more the official Fiverr forum just limps along getting less interesting by the day.

I have no doubt that it will be the last thing the Fiverr forum team wants to hear. However, the simple fact is that efforts to ‘protect’ the Fiverr community that supposedly justify permabans have only worked to drive a lot of the core Fiverr community underground. - And this kind of defeats the point of permabans in the first place,

4 Likes

Right, the more “central planning” Fiverr does, the more they encourage “black markets.” Too much censorship on the forum only encourages others to go elsewhere, where they can speak freely.

2 Likes

Thanks for giving us this, i hope it will help us.

1 Like

Suggestions:

1. Add an AI subsection to the programming and tech section.
  2. Add a suggestions tab in, above, or below the Fiverr help & support tab.
  3. Add withdrawal button for Fiverr cash next to the cash.
1 Like

So, I revisited the document again. It would’ve been nice to see the names of the people who suggested these suggestions. Yanno, like citing sources, give credit where credit is due. Just sayin’ :tropical_drink:

Secondly, if you decide on keeping IMG/MFG. Oh dear, I really hope not LOL but that’s just me.:crossed_fingers:t4::laughing: Rules should be put in place where 1. Limited posting to 1x per day or 3x, pick a number. 2. Preapproval before these posts appear to confirm people aren’t posting back to back. Nobody likes spam, at least I don’t! YUCK :nauseated_face:

Next…

Report A Bug :bug: category.

The Devs should keep an eye on this category. Maybe once in awhile, leave a note to say what has been fixed or working on in a pinned post (closed) to comments. Just to keep the Community informed and the engagement going!

7 Likes