Fiverr Forum

2020 Suggestion Document Feedback

Nothing about Fiverr Learn?
Ok

4 Likes

Regarding the permaban issue, I think the forum needs to face facts.

As far as I am aware, there are at least four independent forums and social media groups that have sprung up online, where a lot of Fiverr forum regulars and banned members now socialize freely every day.

People who use these forums like not having to worry about what they say because of ‘Big Brother’ Fiverr. They also like being able to socialize with who they want, while being free of hourly doses of "help, have got no sales, need tips."

The more active those independent forums and social media groups become, the more the official Fiverr forum just limps along getting less interesting by the day.

I have no doubt that it will be the last thing the Fiverr forum team wants to hear. However, the simple fact is that efforts to ‘protect’ the Fiverr community that supposedly justify permabans have only worked to drive a lot of the core Fiverr community underground. - And this kind of defeats the point of permabans in the first place,

7 Likes

Right, the more “central planning” Fiverr does, the more they encourage “black markets.” Too much censorship on the forum only encourages others to go elsewhere, where they can speak freely.

5 Likes

Thanks for giving us this, i hope it will help us.

2 Likes

Suggestions:

1. Add an AI subsection to the programming and tech section.
  2. Add a suggestions tab in, above, or below the Fiverr help & support tab.
  3. Add withdrawal button for Fiverr cash next to the cash.
3 Likes

So, I revisited the document again. It would’ve been nice to see the names of the people who suggested these suggestions. Yanno, like citing sources, give credit where credit is due. Just sayin’ :tropical_drink:

Secondly, if you decide on keeping IMG/MFG. Oh dear, I really hope not LOL but that’s just me.:crossed_fingers:t4::laughing: Rules should be put in place where 1. Limited posting to 1x per day or 3x, pick a number. 2. Preapproval before these posts appear to confirm people aren’t posting back to back. Nobody likes spam, at least I don’t! YUCK :nauseated_face:

Next…

Report A Bug :bug: category.

The Devs should keep an eye on this category. Maybe once in awhile, leave a note to say what has been fixed or working on in a pinned post (closed) to comments. Just to keep the Community informed and the engagement going!

11 Likes

I agree with you about the banned users :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Something I forgot to put on the Wishlist which is closed now … But it would be nice if we could choose our forum profile pic vs it being the main site profile pic. Maybe that can be added to the list unless there are strong reasons/sentiments against it. Thanks for reading in any case.

8 Likes

No comments to the other lists in the other tabs? Looking forward to seeing an update to the Category Mapping tab!

5 Likes

I like that idea, but because the usernames of the forum are SSO to your Fiverr account, you can not change the avatar or username.

5 Likes

I’ll get there, don’t you worry. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There are already some great suggestions. Also the forum homepage looks more organized. I believe:

1. Threads like “I just got my first sale” should have their own sections. Its derailing to more useful topics.
  2. Folks shouldn’t be banned till 3037… Its unreal in a playful, mean way. There should be a stipulated ban period depending on offence.
5 Likes

I can access the excel sheet. Thanks for sharing this.

2 Likes
A forum for only those who have level badges or a certain amount of sales

This way new sellers comments or questions can be separated.

I like this point and support it. Cause, I am also a new seller. I think it will help new sellers.

3 Likes

Hoping something will done soon with the filtering of channel content. I’ve muted all but one channel but for whatever reason posts from those channels are still showing in my feed and I’m getting notices from threads I’ve never visited.

3 Likes

@mjensen415 Thank you! These changes all sound positive.

Will participation in the forums continue to be completely voluntary, with no impact on our status as sellers on the Fiverr main site?

4 Likes

I noticed something similar, and saw the category change. So, maybe it’s because of moved threads?

3 Likes

Please add a section for AI under the gig type list in the request page. It is rising in demand and I have to select the other section and I receive less relevant responses that way compared to posting to a specific category.

4 Likes

Cool! What kind of AI work?

2 Likes

I don’t think the suggestion about “Maybe more control over group chats…” was added to the list in the document. There could be restrictions on group chats like how many users the messages/threads could be sent to by members of a particular level/group. With some group chat groups it might be better if any discussion was done in a forum section instead.

7 Likes