Fiverr Forum

3.5 Stars for no reason

Today, I received my first satisfactory review from a buyer. I read the buyers script exactly like I was asked to and the buyer accepted the voice over and gave a 3.5 star review. I know this is still considered a positive review, but normally when buyers are not happy with a certain aspect they ask for a revision (which I am always happy to provide!). I know it’s not a huge deal, but I was on a roll of 100% 5 star reviews. Bummer!

Sometimes we have no control over the irrationality of people.

Have you asked the buyer why he gave this rating?

I’m sorry to hear that. It’s super frustrating getting a 3.5* review, especially when you feel you’ve done everything right.

Try to bury it with new 5* reviews. It’ll make you feel a bit better.

As they mentioned, there’s only so much you have control over. You’ll do an awesome job with their project, and in return get the short end. It’s a risk you take with every service, but there’s always the next 5-star review around the corner.

I know it sucks to get the intial mediocre review, but at times it can’t be helped. If you feel you did your best, then you have nothing to be concerned about. It would be nice if they had told you why you got the review you did, but at the end of the day it is only the one review. Within time, it will be completely buried under the positive 5 star reviews and you’ll completely forget about it. Just keep doing what you’re doing and providing the best service you can; there will be many people who apreciate your work, trust me.

It sucks. I’ve had buyers leave 4/4.5 star reviews and contacted them to find out why. Most of them just leave the generic “good experience” but that tells me nothing! They never get back to me, unless they’re coming to order again and realise that it was a mistake because of quick clicking. I make a clear point in my reply that I can’t improve if I don’t know what was wrong. I did have a new buyer message me to say that she liked how I responded to the reviews that weren’t 5 star. It showed professionalism without flaming the buyer for something.