3 Tips for New Sellers or Launching New Gigs

landongrace

1. Work with a local client who needs your service and have them place an order for your new gig and leave feedback so you have 100% Feedback or 5 stars. I also have noticed that having at least 1 job in my queue can help get new orders, but don’t sit on your jobs. People generally don’t want to be the first to try your new gig. Don’t expect the Fiverr system to bring your first few orders quickly. It can happen but you will have to wait. When I need my hair cut, and as you see it’s been awhile, I don’t want to be the first head the girl has cut! A bit scary!

2. Even if you don’t plan to provide 24 hour delivery all the time, offering Express for several days can fuel a new gig. You will be a little nervous, but the minute you start getting orders, you can change your delivery time for any new orders.

3. For a short time offer $25.00 worth of services for $5.00. You should have a plan to build your gig to $25.00-$50.00 per project using gig extras. This is where you will make your money. Include the gig extras in the $5.00 project price. I did the first 100 projects this way and many of the clients continued to use me after my prices went from $5.00 to $25.00. There is a fear that you will lock your prices down, but it wasn’t a problem for me. You may say I gave away $2000.00 worth of services in the beginning (100 $5 gigs with $20.00 of free extras) but it paid off. It was the best investment I could have made. I almost did 100 jobs my first month and I am at over 900 jobs in 12 months at an average of $28.00 per gig.

I would look and see what the traffic on Fiverr is looking for and try to do your version of it better. Learn from your competitors, read reviews and see potential pitfalls that you can avoid. You may make the most creative, best tasting potato salad, but if no one is looking for potato salad on Fiverr, your sales will be very low and better key words, better intro videos, and even offering more potato salad for free, will not help you make a sale. There’s always Halloween Potato Salad and with the shipping feature you might still think it might work!

Don’t get overwhelmed. Take a deep breath and enjoy the journey. For me, it has been an incredible ride!

You can make $100.00 an hour with $5.00 gigs with no gig extras, you just have to find the right gig aligned with your skills.

What have you found that helped get a gig off the ground?

• 2 years later...

Archived