3 warnings from fiverr

zuhaibnaqvi

Hi friends,

Yesterday fiverr restricted my account after receiving second (Level demotion) and third warning (account restricted) within 12 hours. The second warning was right but the third warning was totally irrelevant.

Yesterday my repeated buyer given me 3.7 stars rating by mistake. I just asked my buyer that is this rating is by mistake or not? He pardoned and told me that it is by mistake. Meanwhile I take the screenshot and sent it to Customer Support. And eventually Customer support gave me 3rd warning with account restricted. Now its under review by Fiverr Trust and Safety team. They said I can deliver my active order but can’t get new orders.

I am working on fiverr since from sept 2015 and have more than 1300 reviews. I am really upset. I don’t know what to do. Please share you suggestions and experiences.

Thanks
Zuhaibnaqvi

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right. I have no words to express my feelings right now! 😞

I’m sorry to hear that your account has been restricted. I don’t think you can do anything right now. You could ask Fiverr if you could create a new account. There is a very high chance that they might say no. In that case, you might just have to move on to another freelancing platform (if you want to continue freelancing). Do not create a new account without asking Fiverr first. This will definitely get your new account deleted in no time.

This issue has also already been discussed quite a bit on the forum. It helps to check the forum every once in a while. If you were aware of this issue, you probably wouldn’t have asked your buyer about the review in the first place.

There have been several posts on the forum where sellers had said that they received ToS warnings after they either contacted the buyer to find out if the review was a mistake or contacted CS saying their buyer wanted to change the review.

I also remember reading this one post where the buyer had contacted CS directly (saying they’d misclicked/posted the wrong review by mistake), and the seller received a ToS warning for that (for no fault of theirs). :roll_eyes:

Here are a few forum posts on similar issues:

hello there, I always receive 5 starts review, last week I got a 4 stars review so I asked the buyer if he was not 100% satisfied I would be happy to improve the gig or anything he wanted. He said he was 100% happy with it and he told me he was willing to change the review to 5 stars, he said he tried but could not do it. I wasn’t too bothered by it so I let it go. This morning I get an email from fiverr support saying my account has been demoted to level 1 for feedback manipulation!!! this is s…
Pretty straight forward. Customer messaged me saying that they made a mistake on their feedback and for me to change it. I told them we would need Fiverr CS to help. I created a request in the resolution center to ‘modify feedback’. In the notes I put. “Customer is requesting to change feedback due to error. Customer ******, this is the form you requested to modify negative feedback”. Customer updates their feedback, next day I get an Official warning from Fiverr, warning me about soliciting pos…

Don’t get me wrong. I am not supporting Fiverr’s currently existing system. Not by a long shot! However, the only thing we can do is to adjust to this ridiculous system (provided you want to continue working on Fiverr).

Therefore, I’d just accept whatever review I’ve received; it doesn’t matter even if the buyer says they did a mistake and that they want to change the review or if I think the review’s a mistake/unfair. I’d still move on. Mum’s the word. 🙊

Even though you did nothing to deserve the bad review, it is better to just let it go (cuz you can, at least, explain your side of the story while replying to the buyer’s blind review) rather than receive a ToS warning, a demotion, or account suspension. 🙂

I’m sorry to hear that your account has been restricted. I don’t think you can do anything right now. You could ask Fiverr if you could create a new account. There is a very high chance that they might say no. In that case, you might just have to move on to another freelancing platform (if you want to continue freelancing). Do not create a new account without asking Fiverr first. This will definitely get your new account deleted in no time.

This issue has also already been discussed quite a bit on the forum. It helps to check the forum every once in a while. If you were aware of this issue, you probably wouldn’t have asked your buyer about the review in the first place.

There have been several posts on the forum where sellers had said that they received ToS warnings after they either contacted the buyer to find out if the review was a mistake or contacted CS saying their buyer wanted to change the review.

I also remember reading this one post where the buyer had contacted CS directly (saying they’d misclicked/posted the wrong review by mistake), and the seller received a ToS warning for that (for no fault of theirs). :roll_eyes:

hello there, I always receive 5 starts review, last week I got a 4 stars review so I asked the buyer if he was not 100% satisfied I would be happy to improve the gig or anything he wanted. He said he was 100% happy with it and he told me he was willing to change the review to 5 stars, he said he tried but could not do it. I wasn’t too bothered by it so I let it go. This morning I get an email from fiverr support saying my account has been demoted to level 1 for feedback manipulation!!! this is s…
Pretty straight forward. Customer messaged me saying that they made a mistake on their feedback and for me to change it. I told them we would need Fiverr CS to help. I created a request in the resolution center to ‘modify feedback’. In the notes I put. “Customer is requesting to change feedback due to error. Customer ******, this is the form you requested to modify negative feedback”. Customer updates their feedback, next day I get an Official warning from Fiverr, warning me about soliciting pos…

Don’t get me wrong. I am not supporting Fiverr’s currently existing system. Not by a long shot! However, the only thing we can do is to adjust to this ridiculous system (provided you want to continue working on Fiverr).

Therefore, I’d just accept whatever review I’ve received; it doesn’t matter even if the buyer says they did a mistake and that they want to change the review or if I think the review’s a mistake/unfair. I’d still move on. Mum’s the word. 🙊

Even though you did nothing to deserve the bad review, it is better to just let it go (cuz you can, at least, explain your side of the story while replying to the buyer’s blind review) rather than receive a ToS warning, a demotion, or account suspension. 🙂

Thank you for your respone

Hi friends,

Yesterday fiverr restricted my account after receiving second (Level demotion) and third warning (account restricted) within 12 hours. The second warning was right but the third warning was totally irrelevant.

Yesterday my repeated buyer given me 3.7 stars rating by mistake. I just asked my buyer that is this rating is by mistake or not? He pardoned and told me that it is by mistake. Meanwhile I take the screenshot and sent it to Customer Support. And eventually Customer support gave me 3rd warning with account restricted. Now its under review by Fiverr Trust and Safety team. They said I can deliver my active order but can’t get new orders.

I am working on fiverr since from sept 2015 and have more than 1300 reviews. I am really upset. I don’t know what to do. Please share you suggestions and experiences.

Thanks

Zuhaibnaqvi

It’s really unfortunate that your account got restricted, and I really hope it gets reinstated.

There’s a big lesson to learn here, for just about every seller;

my repeated buyer given me 3.7 stars rating by mistake

We should stop caring and worrying about ratings and reviews.

One thing I have learned about life; the things you are most afraid of are the things that happen to you.

Our focus should be towards doing what we can and promised to do, period.

Ratings will follow their natural course.

A bad rating shouldn’t in any way be a reflection of who you are and what you are capable of, unless of course if one deserves it, especially since customers will give a rating as they feel. I know many who never give 5 stars, I have read some peoples feedback, a buyer says, amazing services, highly recommended, blah blah, and the rating is 4.3,…something is wrong with that.

It’s really unfortunate that your account got restricted, and I really hope it gets reinstated.

There’s a big lesson to learn here, for just about every seller;

my repeated buyer given me 3.7 stars rating by mistake

We should stop caring and worrying about ratings and reviews.

One thing I have learned about life; the things you are most afraid of are the things that happen to you.

Our focus should be towards doing what we can and promised to do, period.

Ratings will follow their natural course.

A bad rating shouldn’t in any way be a reflection of who you are and what you are capable of, unless of course if one deserves it, especially since customers will give a rating as they feel. I know many who never give 5 stars, I have read some peoples feedback, a buyer says, amazing services, highly recommended, blah blah, and the rating is 4.3,…something is wrong with that.

Thank you for your response. I have learned big lesson from this.

You are right. I think the big mistake he did by sending the SS to the CS …Because He given the proof of his fault to the CS…

I’m really sorry to hear your story. I think 3.7 is not bad feedback I wish you never take that risk. If buyer provide a low rating then no worries deliver more orders with good reviews, the rate will improve.

There may be high chances that you used keywords like “rating, feedback, bad feedback, 5 star ratting” that can trigger warning. The system will read your message within few days you will get automatic warning from robot.

I believe you are good seller hope fiverr will give you chance best of luck 🙂

I’m really sorry to hear your story. I think 3.7 is not bad feedback I wish you never take that risk. If buyer provide a low rating then no worries deliver more orders with good reviews, the rate will improve.

There may be high chances that you used keywords like “rating, feedback, bad feedback, 5 star ratting” that can trigger warning. The system will read your message within few days you will get automatic warning from robot.

I believe you are good seller hope fiverr will give you chance best of luck 🙂

Thanks for your response. I did not use keywords that automatic system will consider. Actually my buyer and me contacted CS to change feedback. Even buyer is admitting that he did review mistakenly.

I am just waiting for response from Fiverr trust and safety team! 😞

Thanks for your response. I did not use keywords that automatic system will consider. Actually my buyer and me contacted CS to change feedback. Even buyer is admitting that he did review mistakenly.

I am just waiting for response from Fiverr trust and safety team! 😞

Did you got any response from Cs?

It’s really sad but you should discuss and clarify the issue with the support. I think they restricted your account but they don’t disable yet. So try to persuade them what exactly happened with the buyer, I hope you will get the positive result from customer support If you can persuade them correctly.

It’s really sad but you should discuss and clarify the issue with the support. I think they restricted your account but they don’t disable yet. So try to persuade them what exactly happened with the buyer, I hope you will get the positive result from customer support If you can persuade them correctly.

Yes, they have just restricted my account. I have already opened a ticket that’s why waiting for their response.

it may not be restored.

I think fiverr will not restored your account 😦

Actually this refer to my request. This is the response of my question that I sent to CS. I told them to restore my account. They said during the review period account can’t be restored. They will decide once resolution come to an end.

Actually this refer to my request. This is the response of my question that I sent to CS. I told them to restore my account. They said during the review period account can’t be restored. They will decide once resolution come to an end.

The review period is 90 days?

Let me know if I’m not wrong.

Archived