30 sec cartoon in 24hrs

Buyer request…

They want a 30 sec cartoon in 24 hrs for how much?

$5

Really!!

I think that’s what drives a lot of buyers to leave requests for things they could readily find by search for a gig. They are looking for extra work without paying extra. The futility of buyers requests (I have sent proposals to plenty of them, but never have gotten a bite) makes me think Thumbtack would be a complete waste of money and time, which is nothing but a giant buyers’ request board where you actually have to pay to submit offers.

Their business will fail. These kind of buyers are either blinded by a delusion that they are the next Bill Gates in the making or they are resellers/so-called SEO and web design agencies who cater for the needs of people blinded by a delusion that they are the next Bill Gates in the making.

Either way, they will just end up with a stolen Video Hive video which someone has slapped a logo on before pursuing the next thing they need to completely wreck whatever project they have in the U-bend.

Sure looks like a reseller.

Sometime in 2015, I had a prospective buyer contact me one day about making a video. He almost started threatening me. He said everyone on the site makes whiteboard animations for 5 dollars, why is mine different. He said I’m a cheat. He really likes my videos and wanted to order many videos.

I told him to go order from the 5-dollar gigs. I really wonder why he was angry when he had so many options.

Many people know what they want and they know the actual price but they are just delusional.

Yes this one made me wonder what world they are on. But they had plenty of offers!!

There are various types of people that apply for offers

• The group that applies for any request without reading
  • The group that reads the request, and know they can’t do it, but still apply
  • The group that reads the request, and know they can do it and apply with a budget that is 100 times the proposed budget.

The first 2 are the ones that applied for that job :smiley:

With regards to your point

" The group that reads the request, and know they can do it and apply with a budget that is 100 times the proposed budget."

If they are successful - they are in for a lot of trouble.

In my full time job as a graphic designer the cheapest jobs always seem to give the most hassle.

I agree with you.

I remember when I had a very low priced project. That was one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had (I never get frustrated or angry with revisions usually, no matter how much or how many). However, the attitude and the number of repetitive and confusing revisions was appalling. I didn’t cancel because I didn’t want to take a knock on my stats because it was only 10 dollars.

However recently, when I had a client asking for the impossible, I cancelled. That way, I can sleep better at night :slight_smile:

yep, experience helps . you get a sense of who are going to be trouble.

When they say …“I don’t know what I want but I’ll know when I see it”

Run a mile :joy: