Fiverr Forum

30th day, 1 negative review

So I’ve been patiently waiting for this day, hopefully getting to level 1 finally after 65 orders with positive feedback when all of a sudden a negative review comes out of nowhere. I’ve been dealing with this person for almost 2 weeks who continues to revise and edit their gig to almost no end, adding more info even after I deliver what they wanted. Also they ordered the wrong gig and I told them to order the right one, which they did not, but I delivered anyway.

Needless to say they gave me a terrible review.

Now I understand you need 100% rating to get to level 1? Is this correct? If so what can I do about this? How do you deal with buyers who are nothing but trouble?

If I can’t get to level 1 now, I’m pretty much done with Fiverr. Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

I’ve only had a few clients who were troublesome, but I was able to resolve it by telling them the truth and working with them the best I could. But we live in a world where some people just can’t be pleased, and when it comes down to it, you’re working for $5…they should not be taking advantage of cheap labor to make a huge job out of it that someone would be getting paid hundreds of dollars for. My suggestion to you? If you really have tried everything possible with them, put in your best work, and were still rated badly. I would contact Fiverr about it and see what they can do. If the work was delivered honestly and as promised, they can remove a bad rating for you, and they are fair and prompt in getting back to you. They’re awesome…Fiverr is awesome. Don’t let a few difficult customers let you lose sight of that.

Good luck!!!

intrepidvideo said: Now I understand you need 100% rating to get to level 1? Is this correct?

Not necessarily.

"You've been active on the site for 30 days and completed at least 10 orders while maintaining excellent ratings and a great track record. You'll automatically be promoted to Level 1. At this Level, you'll gain additional features making it easier for you to offer more advanced services and generate a higher income."

Fiverr says you must have excellent ratings. This could mean 95% or higher.
If I were you, I would try to work it out with the buyer. See if there is anything you could do to satisfy him where he will remove the negative feedback. After that, if you have done all you can do to satisfy the customer and they still leave the negative feedback, I would try contacting customer support and see if they can remove the feedback as you have delivered good work, supplied multiple revisions, and done everything possible to make the buyer happy... and they are just being difficult. They MAY be able to remove the feedback if they feel it was not warranted.

Thanks for the advice. I contacted customer support and they “made an exception” and removed the feedback! Still not level 1 yet though. :wink:

Reply to @intrepidvideo: Glad to hear that! :slight_smile:

I’m a Fiverr user been at level 1 for awhile doing really good got alot of good feedback then all of a sudden two difficult buyers rated me , and my rating went from 100% to now 93 down recently to 88, I already contacted Fiverr support they allowed one of my buyers just recently cancel his order which gave me a further lower rating, this is not even fair thinking seriously about quiting please give me some advice how to go about quiting Fiverr.

Fiverr does not do enough to protect the sellers against difficult buyers a good reason to quit.